Alice Straps?

RCjohn1

From what I hear around here, most people just use 1" straps on the packs. My only concern is 1" straps digging into my shoulders. I have a LC2 back pack from a military surplus store. All I would have to do is either paint or die them black. In my opinion they would probably be more comfortable than the standard straps and they also seem to look better but for some reason I haven't yet seen any photos of a sandtrooper pack with alice pack straps.

http://www.omahas.com/packs/accessories/alice-pack-straps-lc-2-enhanced-used

http://www.omahas.com/packs/us-military/alice-pack-frame

Comments/Criticism? The more you say, the more help I'm getting when my armor and pack kits come in.

I definately agree with them digging in. My old neck doesnt take the pressure like it used to. LOL CV was a big test, and had a headache alot. Even had alot of massages done after trooping to loosen up. I will have to make some covers for my straps, see if that helps. Great idea with this type of strap though.

My pack is done (just not weathered). I used 1" nylon for the shoulder straps and then sewed some plush foam material onto those straps where it will sit against my shoulders - that reduces the cutting into feeling.

I also used a chest strap, sewn into both shoudler straps. I sewed a clip into that strap so that I can clip it together and then tighten (or loosen) that chest strap. When it is tight it pulls the shoulder straps more into my chest and that also helps with getting any cutting in the shoulders. This strap is hidden under the chest armor.

?? Sternum strap?? Tell more tell more... How do you use the chest strap, when it would show???

Yeah! I meant chest strap (wrong translation). LOL!

So, yes, I put on my armor, and then the pack over it... Then flip the chest up plate and pass the chest straps under it and lock it together. Tighten, snap the chest plate to the ab plate and thats it. You can never tell and it does helps a lot!

The pack straps go over the elastic running from the shoulder bells and the white elastic straps.

Not much different from regular strapping.

Check my avatar picture there <-------- you can see the shoulder strap going to the center of my chest, not up to the shoulder. That is because of the tension made by the chest strap.

:)

Give it a try Jay, you will love it.

Saludos.

• 2 weeks later...