anyone online?

alexman

well i read that all pouches should be black but on the crl picks the norwegian pouches are still olive green so i wasnt quite sure on what to do so should i spray them black? and i thought i looked stupid with the gap on the back but i was told it should be like that

That pouch should be black - the CRL says 'made of black leather, canvas or vinyl'. I think that pic in the CRL was washed out by the camera flash, so I can understand someone thinking it is OD green.

If you have a way to post some pics that would assist us to helping you out. Not sure what you meant about the gap in the back.

Yes, the CRL states that pouches should be made of black materials, but...

After several months of research and discussion, a couple of years ago some of us came to an agreement on color of Screen Used pouches. And it was that we thought that they were actually olive or dark green pouches, that just look black because 1. Color correction and lighting of the film, 2. Since they used real pouches, they probably collected oil, dirt and other stuff during their action days, so they look black.

What some, including myself, have done, is get green or even dark green canvas pouches, and dye them black but to an entirely pure black, but a greenish black. The picture you see on the CRL is my pouch actually.

So, it is acceptable for deployment to have black pouches, and greenish black pouches.

Check this thread.

Hope it helps.

And, what Gap are you talking about?

Let us know if you need more help, but yes, follow Blueys advice too... and read a lot!

:)

Saludos.

Juan

but as in new condition they are not accepted?

I a affraid not. If you have new green pouches you must either paintthem black or dye them greenish black.

But hey, itis not that difficult actually. 35 mins tops... And leave it dry over night.

Check the link ;)

Saludos.

I used a black spray paint method on mine....my thoughts were that they were green originally and with the smoke and grimes of battle they turned more blackish in appearance. I igured the closest way to replicate that was with inconsistent spray patterns.

• 3 months later...