*ACTIVATED* TD-5884 / NICK.BLACK / SWAT OFFICER # 011

nick.black

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Juan,

I did a bit more weathering on the helmet. Let me know if you think this looks better?

Posted Image

I think the flash and my editing of the comparison photos did not help things as it was better than it looks there, but this maybe looks a bit better with a base texture on the dome.

Nick

OK Juan, next stage of improvement is, I have fitted the brush into the stock of my T-21. This was made with some scraps of pipe and styrene. I was actually quite nervous about cutting the recesses for this but my hole drill did a superb job and didnt break the stock at all.

Posted Image

Next thing is some photos from Memorabilia this weekend to show you my updated weathering, and then hopefully I'll be getting one of Jay's pauldrons soon, as my efforts to find someone to modify my current one have been in vain.

Thanks

Nick

Juan,

Couple of further pics from my first troop in armour mate.

Myself and Dave Marsden (fellow UKG SWAT hopefull) I'm on the left of this photo.

Posted Image

And again on the left. These shots show my armour after it's revised weathering.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My favourite.

Posted Image

Let me know what you think so far and if there is still anything left to do.

Nick

Awesome bro!

Looking really good!

Amazing job on the weathering... That helmet looks top notch no doubt!

And the T21 looks just great and now better with that added brush tube!

Any news on the pauldron front?

Saludos

Juan

Many thanks Juan that means alot. I tried to go down the route of getting a furniture upholstery repair man to add some foam in, tried 3 different companies, all who said "send me some pics and I'll give you a quote" and all who have not replied since. Looks like I am going to be tapping up Jay for one of his beauties. One of the UKG guys is putting together a batch order to cut the cost down a little.

Nick

Thats Good news, Jay's pauldrons are just the best!

Maybe you can sell yours to get back some money for the new one.

Will you be working on the rest of the weathering so that the armor matches the bucket?

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Saludos.

Juan

Will you be working on the rest of the weathering so that the armor matches the bucket?

I'm sorry Juan, are you saying that my armour is still not satsfactory with the weathering the way it is? I have tried to match the pattern and colours of the STS trooper as close as I can, he doesnt have anywhere near as dirty armour as others in my opinion it is much more of a light covering especially in the creases etc on this guy.

Nick

I'm sorry Juan, are you saying that my armour is still not satsfactory with the weathering the way it is? I have tried to match the pattern and colours of the STS trooper as close as I can, he doesnt have anywhere near as dirty armour as others in my opinion it is much more of a light covering especially in the creases etc on this guy.

Nick

Well... no, LOL!

That is not what I meant.

:)

What I meant was to ask (and you can just answer what you think should be right) if you planned to go back and work on the armor weathering again... as in "wejust keep working and improving everything every time we mod the tiniest bit on the armor" kind of thing.

If you could post a picture of your chest plate in a similar light and distance as the helmet pic, that would be great.

I really like what you have done to the bucket and the picture shows some awesome details, I would like to be able to see that kind of detail on the chest plate picture... just to properly evaluate and appreciate the work.

There are a couple of spots and patterns on the chest plate that I would like to see before clearing it. I don't know if they are there already, or if you still need to add them.

Anyway... I know you trooped together with other SWAT and SWAT candidates this last weekend... what are your impressions on your armor and theirs? Do you feel like you guys stood out from the rest of the troopers both in accuracy and detail!

i know you do... but your impressions are important for the evaluation too.

Don't mean to be extra picky, just want to keep the bar high and fair!

Saludos

Juan

Cool Juan, yeh no worries, just a misunderstanding. As you can imagine I'm anxious to get this done as this has been my goal all along.

I will post some pics of the parts as soon as I get a chance (working nights at the moment)

Cheers

Sorry bro, havent been much on the boards lately due to excessive amount of work.

Your chest plate looks really good and yeah, I was missing some of the details with the other pictures.

Any news on the pauldron?

Or, any thoughts on that issue?

Looking forward to your SWAT deployment.

Saludos.

Hey Juan, not a problem mate it's OK.

Ive got a pauldron on order from Jay so when that comes I'll be good to go. Should be able to sell my other one too to pay for some of it.

Cheers

Nick

Great!

As soon as it arrives, gear up in full SWAT configuration and post pictures!

We already need you to find those droids.

This is good news!

Saludos

OK... so, this has been a challenging evaluation for me and the rest of the Command Staff, not to mention for you Nick.

The strive for accuracy meant with the SWAT Program is not suitable for those weak of heart. Meaning that this program is a real challenge and requires a bigger deeper commitment from the trooper to actually achieve the screen accuracy needed to get the "badge" and to be included in the MEPD SWAT Team.

Sometimes, more often than not, the path will make one go back and forth several times before achieving the goal. This means a lot of extra work and frustration having to go over mods and details again and again...

That does not applies only to the troopers, but, as I have learned with all the previews deployments, to the reviewing part too. As before, I have been (or at least try to) working close with Nick and the rest of the command staff to get everything in place. Evaluating is a hard job, and even if it is not even close to actually making this armors, reviewing and evaluation depends lots on the documented ANH images presented or available to actually compare to the SWAT armors, making this even tuffer for troopers and Command Staff to get a positive result.

But, we have!

A lot has been discussed backstage (taking in consideration Nick's and other SWAT troopers' opinions). And we have come to the conclusion that your TD does looks awesome... (Even the pauldron thing that I brought up, has been reevaluated) Your armor it does looks the part and it has achieved the screen accuracy needed for the SWAT TEAM Nick!

So, without further word...

Congratulations Nick, you are now Officially Deployed as a MEPD SWAT Team Member!

This is your link.

Please, send me or/and Bluey the picture you want for your profile, please make it with a neutral background.

Welcome to the badest, dirties more demanding team on the whole galaxy.

Saludos.

Juan.

Woohoo, amazing news Juan, thank you ever so much to all involved in MEPD. This is exactly what I strived to gain from the start and it feels ever so good to know I have been accepted to the highest echelons that a 501st Sandtrooper can achieve.

Another UKG SWAT officer too, which is a big achievement and shows the accuracy that the UKG strive for. Simply the best, accept no substitutes.

Love you all

Nick

WOOHOO ! WELL DONE BUDDY! , YOU PUT A LOT OF HARD WORK INTO THIS,AND IT'S PAID OFF ! , I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU NICK ! :yes: AND IT WAS GREAT TO FINALLY TROOP ALONG SIDE YOU AT THE NSC LAST WEEKEND BUDDY! :thumbsup::td: