DarthGrace's ATA TD Build

darthgrace

It's coming along nicely... A couple of things that I notice which you may want to consider:

- the corners of your belt could be trimmed more (at 45 degree angles)

- your forearms appear to be to big around and I believe there's too much flat area beneath your 15mm(?) cover strips. You might want to take the cover strip off, trim the flat area back to adjust the fit, and then reapply the strip. Be sure to seek other opinions first though in case I am giving bad advice!

- the front of your thighs have the same problem with the cover strip/ flat area. If you need to correct this, ypu may have to shim the backs more to allow room for you leg.

All in all, it's getting there!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The belt corners are at 45 degress but I cut only a small amount because the belt is 3 inches wide. I did not want too much fabric showing under the corners. I could off a little more to make it stand out but more fabric would show (if that makes sense).

I completely agree about the forearms. I want to cut them down more.

As for the thighs, I am concerned about cutting them more because i already shimmed them so much in the back. if this is what i have to do i will.

Thanks for the advice.

The ammo belt is riveted in 2 places. I then added a small piece of velcro to keep it in place. The first picture where it looks like it is slipping down is merely the angle the of the thigh.

As for the helmet popping up, I put the removable ballistic pads in there so i can try and move them around a little.

Thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

started weathering my armor tonight. I finished the paldron, the shoulder bells, the biceps, the forearms, 1 set of cheese graters, 1 set of regular gloves and 1 set of regluar gloves reversed (for move along SWAT).

We will see how much I can get done tomorrow night.

Any other advice ot opinions about my armor? please keep in mind that eventually I want to go SWAT for Move Along.

My plan is to get it assembled and weathered, get it submitted and approved. Then go back and keep working on the weathering until it is done and any other fixes that need to be done.

Thanks guys.

Here is the weathered version. I am still waiting for the 3 slot leathet side pouches. I have a set of reversed

handguards. All the move along and SWAT guys please give me some advice because i would like to submit

this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for the help.

A friend of mine who has a tremendous eye for detail and who's opinions I respect thought aloud that it might be too dirty. This scared the heck out of me. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Again please keep in mind that I am going to submit for SWAT as the Move Along Photo once I:

1. get the correct pouches,

2. raise the back pack,

3. bring the shoulder bells closer to my neck,

4. fix the placement of the chest/back plate,

5. raise the left thig

6. layer and tweak the trooper specific weathering.

If there is anything else I am missing please let me know.

THANKS

Weathering is such a personal thing Chris. What may seem too much to some is not always enough to others.

The common rule of thumb has always been "Less is more".

I personally like a bit of heavier weathering. My armor looks like I've been through He!!.

Pictures always make the weathering look different as well depending on lighting, use of flash, etc...

Since you are planning on going for SWAT, post a few pics in the SWAT section and see what they have to say.

looking really great chris,nice one!!

if there is one thing that looks a little odd to me its the exhaust port(if thats what its called lol)i havent built this pack so have forgotten the name.

it seems to me the pipe on top looks a little too long,dont do any mods until someone who knows more about this pack chimes in,but thats all i see!

looks top killer mate!!! :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

so here are my pics I submitted for approval:

front no pack

Posted Image

back no pack

Posted Image

right:

Posted Image

left:

Posted Image

front with pack

Posted Image

back with pack

Posted Image

right with pack

Posted Image

left with pack

Posted Image

BFG

Posted Image

E-11

Posted Image

Posted Image

proud trooper with crazy hair (will be regulation when I get deployed

Posted Image

the only thing holding up my approval is the fact that I have 16 stripes on the left side of my helmet. I am trying to go SWAT for the move along trooper. My GML said if I can prove to him that the move along captain had 16 he would approve it, otherwise I will have to paint over it. I sent him the ling to the star wars helmet site that found the move along helmet at auction. Does anyone have any other proof advice or help?

• 3 weeks later...