How George Lucas May Erase "Star Wars

iron ram

I remember years back when I was trolling to find a good digital copy of Star Wars (aka ANH) as it was in the theater but with 5.1 surround I happened on some forums where people were as serious about the films as we were about costums. I found a lot of references indicating that Uncle George went around trying to buy up every print he could and destroy them. Yup, not archive, destroy them. Thus, peope with old copies were even more reclusive and protetive than someone with a screen used TK.

What i was to unerstand was that he felt the SE (which was the latest release at the time) was what he wanted people to see, and thus he wanted to destroy all previous copies.  Think about it - the version he released as 'orignal' last time is basically the same as the laserdisc rips, which are the closest visually one can get but he kept the sound at 2-channel instead of updating it to 5.1 surround, as well as not doing any number of small fixes to enhance that experience.

That's also why all new TK's added in ANH are ROTJ, as that's his latest version of trooper.

As for the TV series I can't say. My understanding is that this is shelved permanently and they are more likely to just continue clone wars right up to ANH.

We give good old george all the credit for ANH Yes he cam up with the whole star wars premise

And a script and other stuff BUT

IF IT WERE NOT FOR HIS CURRENT WIFE AT THE TIME THE STAR WARS ANH AS WE REMEMBER AND LOVE WOULD NOT BE AS WE KNOW IT

If it were not for her we woul have got a crappy movie that may not have ever spawned the empire as we know