My Backpack

tk1888

Here is a shot of my pack. I used the Marmit Pic for my comparison. Hope you don't mind me using it Slave...

Comparison Shot:

Posted Image

My Pack:

Posted Image

Top View

Posted Image

Here is a closer shot of the radio. The lenses light up and I have them on a circuit board my friend built so they slowly fade in and out instead of blinking rapidly. Also, I used the 'shower drain' for the radio speaker, as visually noted by tk409's tutorial and others. I use a tore down Newton amp in my helmet and I use the mini speakers in my aerators, so I used the speaker from the Newton amp and recessed it in the plastic box, behind the shower drain. I built a 2 watt amplifier board you can get at electronics hobby stores and it plugs into mp3 players or walkmans and I can play the Imperial March while trooping!! or other tunes as I wait around. The sound is VERY load. I have toggle switches wired on the side of the pack for both the lights and the amp. I plan on hiding the mp3 player in my chest armor and will be accessed via the sides.

Posted Image

Side shot: I also added, just for fun, some computer fan covers to the side of the top, main box. I also have lights behind these. They look really cool because of the way they light up the pattern of the fan covers.

Posted Image

Hope you like the pack. I tried to keep it close to the reference but add some flair at the same time.