nick.black

Noel,

Evertime I try to change my avatar, it shows different in my profile whilst I am changing it, and if I click on the edit avatar picture button, however my avatar is staying the same as the one I used to use. I do not have this picture on my computer any more even, so it seems odd that this is not letting me change it.

Any ideas?

Nick

I can change the avatar in my profile, and then if I log out and go back to my profile it shows my old avatar and it still shows up in all my posts and on my profile when you click to look at it. Seems really bizarre. Is this file uploaded on my profile somewhere mate?

Nick

• 1 month later...

This is happening to me again Noel. Cannot change my avatar no matter what I do, no matter how many times I change it, upload it, delete the old one, reset the browser, clear the cache etc. it still shows my old avatar despite me changing it with the User interface.

Nick

It's usually the forum cache that goofs it up. And sometimes — more often than not — the avatar is actually changed but you're not seeing the change.

A way to check that is to right click on your avatar after you've changed it and open the image in a new window... then reload that image. If it loads the new one you're gold... if not, you can always go join the Rebellion. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I can't even upload a picture from my HD... It says "Failed to set a new photo"...

What do I do wrong?

Cheers...

AZ

Possibly too big of a file size?

Try uploading something really small... see if it works. There's a limit (not sure what it is off the top of my bucket) but if it's too big it won't go.

Otherwise I'd suggest trying a different browser — ESPECIALLY if you're using Internet Explorer. B)

Let us know!