My first E11 DD's v2 build...

CAVALIER

Well i finally did it. dug into the back cabinet and pulled out my Hasbor and my DD's kit (version 2)...

And got stuck in...

I've read alot of forums and WIpS fom you guys and there are some awesome ones...

I was a little (lot) intimidated to put mine out there... but at the same time inspired.. in fact part of the reason i took so long was because i was thinking of scratch building and using DDbits as add ons.

Eventually senses struck and with the belt well and truely tight atm i set about turning my Early christmas present into a work of ... mine :)

I sanded back all the lettering, removed the orange end piece (cept for the rear of scope piece....)

Gave my blaster an acetone bath-wipe and took a deep breath...

(was so excited building i almost forgot to take pix, there are a couple so will add them..)

remembering some vague CRL and having a desire to go MEPD Police Officer, i ground off the bottom rail and added extra holes. i left a space for the bayonet lug (i have a resin piece (dd) available to add ...later on...)

on the opposite side i ground off and reversed the fin as per the real sterling...

I washed all of my DDs pieces and gave them a bit of a trim/tidy at the same time...

(it will b really short as aside from the driller thriller and grinding , i was pretty much stick and pray...

post-4766-0-79638400-1326977953_thumb.jp

I am looking for some finer wire to attach to my counter, and will play with inserting pieces into that a bit later on too...

This is my first ever weapons build and i was /still am keen to do more...

I have alot of notes, but at the same time it will be nice to have my own lil black pew pew for now....

I will attach the d- ring and end cap after painting so i can get the d.ring a nice brass under colour first, will also be colouring the scope parts as well.

I plan to drill out under the scope rail as well as the breech port opening and insert a n additional piece - complete with breech scoring... (the screwwy twisty bit...0... I also plan to drill out the extra gaps through the folding stock.... Panda , saw your build .. got really excited and tried to source all your additional pieces.... Maybe next time I will split and trick out my wee bad boy... :)

If there are any guides you can pass on Please feel free to singout.

I'll leave it as this for now

Quite happy to take all advice/opinion onboard...

cheers

That is going very good!

Good work bro!

Of course you know the deeper you dig, the more stuff you will find you could do to any build, blaster, armor, pack, or whatever... but so far, yours look good enough.

There are a few things I would do to it just to make it look way better than a regular Hasbro mod.

Nothing to fancy you will find out, but it definitely gives it a more prop and less toy look.

-Remove/cut off/sand off the Hasbro T-Track , drill all the holes in the canon and add some new T-Track. That is a couple hours work tops.

-Use the dremel or similar tool to reshape the front aim.

And... if here is my own build/mod thread. Maybe you will find some useful ideas there!

Keep on the good work and I am sure this Blaster will be just fine for Police Officer deployment.

Saludos

Juan

Wow, that's a great build! I have lots to do now!

I was thinking about replacing the t track... My bench drill skills aren't that hot atm... Lol.. having said that,

I have shaped the front sight (must remove that screw cover) and am sourcing t track as we speak...

Foolishly I also bought 40mm pvc pipe, hex screws, and aluminium strip... Aha, looking at a homemade pipe build.......