George Lucas promises never to make another Star Wars movie

iron ram

http://io9.com/5877264/

Because you dissed the Star Wars prequels, George Lucas has sworn he won't ever make another movie about that faraway galaxy. He says, "Why would I make any more, when everybody yells at you all the time and says what a terrible person you are?"

In an interview with the New York Times, he also seemed stung by criticism that he changed the original Star Wars trilogy too much for the various re-releases:

On the internet, all those same guys that are complaining I made a change are completely changing the movie. I'm saying: 'Fine. But my movie, with my name on it, that says I did it, needs to be the way I want it.'

Yes, you have scared off Lucas from making Star Wars: Episode VII. I hope you're proud of yourself. Lucas said Red Tails, in theaters this weekend, would be his last blockbuster movie. Although he wouldn't rule out making one last Indiana Jones film, as his swansong.

And Lucas claimed that the "nuke the fridge" scene in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was his idea, even though Steven Spielberg took the blame for it in an interview a while back. Spielberg was "just trying to protect me," said Lucas. But he also said that scene was totally fine, and "the odds of surviving that refrigerator – from a lot of scientists – are about 50-50." [via the Guardian]

First of all if Lucas wanted to make another movie, he would. When has rejection or criticism ever stopped him? Hollywood rejected Red Tails so he financed it himself. Secondly, considering what he has done with the originals as well as the prequels I'm okay with there not being an Episode VII. Doesn't mean there absolutely won't be an another movie, just means that he won't be the one doing it. If he really cared what the "fan boys" thought he wouldn't have continued to make change after change in the face of such opposition, so I'm not buying it that critics are the reason for his decision.

Well,

I am OK with him not going for Ep VII and so on. I like it how it is.

And anyway, I knew this since many many years ago. He would not be going into the post ROTJ era since that was the territory given to EU authors... by him. And he said so probably in the late 80s or even before.

So now, it does not surprises me, and I guess neither most fans.

But, TV action series, more Clone Wars seasons and other parallel projects, thats something else.

Saludos.

Anyway, we all know that if he really wants to do something, he will regardless of what anyone and everyone can say about it.

He did What he wanted to do in the re-makes and whatever criticism came hie way was his making... would Spielberg re-make ET with a flight of AH64's showing up and ripping up the spaceship? Would he remake JAws with the shark saved at the 11th hour by Greenpeace Eco-warriors? Would The 300 be better with a Samba beach party ending?

but ole uncle George...He has always done things his way... god bless him for it, his movies , he can do what he like...

Me? I have the original cut remastered editions of the six movies on DVD and no interest in any of the remakes.

Id be amazed if there wasn't a next installment of clone wars... merchandising income on that project alone would Fuel his whole filmmaking budget for the next decade... season 1-3 toy sales....that where the redtails money came from. Its not a feature film but an animation thus he hasn't said no to it.

Ep 7 was never going to happen... , the cast are too darn old now. so no hope for it...unless it was a jump to the pre legacy era. The TV adaptation might still happen.

Personal i don´t like any of the new star wars saga episodes, clone series, lego stuff etc.

I´m only into the old saga, so i do not care if he make any more of them, because he do not hold the right star wars spirit and style from back then any way.

And therefor its not star wars to me.

I more into, getting true fans together whit top accurate suits for fan movies, making our own movies, whit the old saga spirit put into them.

Writing good scrips, people there can make good effects, models etc, and edit the movie and so on.

That would be really something.

The old fan movie TROOPS are still the best, even there suits are not accurate etc.

TD high five from here :thumbsup:

I love all things Star Wars....New/Old and whatever comes out....of course I prefer the OT but when I see my sons get excited about the new stuff as I did when I was a kid, it makes me happy. It allows us to bond over something special. Not many things can be enjoyed by both ages....The OT will always be just that....the original....but if we continue to live and enjoy things just from the past it will only be special to us and when we die, it dies with us :)

The only movies i watch once a year everyyear since 1980 are episode 4-5-6 . I will keep doing this until i'm 80 probably.

Nothing else bring me back that felling. (you know that feeling )

you mean the "itchy burning" one? lol

I love all things Star Wars....New/Old and whatever comes out....of course I prefer the OT but when I see my sons get excited about the new stuff as I did when I was a kid, it makes me happy. It allows us to bond over something special. Not many things can be enjoyed by both ages....The OT will always be just that....the original....but if we continue to live and enjoy things just from the past it will only be special to us and when we die, it dies with us :)

Copy that.

My heart are whit the old saga, but when my son are a bit older we will enjoy the new stuff together for sure :thumbsup:

One more fail watching the new saga whit small kid´s are they go from very small kid humour enjoyment, to hard core psychology pics...

where people get there arms cut off, set to flames, heads cut off etc :pinch:

Copy that.

My heart are whit the old saga, but when my son are a bit older we will enjoy the new stuff together for sure :thumbsup:

One more fail watching the new saga whit small kid´s are they go from very small kid humour enjoyment, to hard core psychology pics...

where people get there arms cut off, set to flames, heads cut off etc :pinch:

true :)