DD E-11 Resin Build cocking lever and spring help needed

Almost done building my DD resin kit and not sure what to do with the cocking lever. I've seen many pictures posted that look great, but I just don't have a clue as to what they did or how. Also wondering if anyone has specs on the spring or suggestions. I want to make this blaster as nice as can be, please help.

Steve,

I did the same, but mine was at the end of the bolt. Either way would work. I picked up a screen door spring from Home Depot (US), your profile doesn't tell me where you are, and got a pack of 5. I took my tube in with me to ensure a good fit. I then took a brad or thin nail and drilled a small hole on the center of the lever base. About 1/4" deep and inserted the nail, used super glue in the hole to ensure a seal. I then used a Dremil to cut out the shape of the lever base in the cylinder. I used expanding foam in a 1/2" PVC pipe to make the bolt (cylinder) and then sanded and bondo the ends to look smooth. Once I insert the spring and end cap it fit perfect and looked like it was attached. If you take your time and do small cuts, it looks great. I then pushed the nail in the hole and glued to the cylinder, fit like a glove. Not sure my topic on my DD build shows good enough pics of that area, but I would be willing to pull my bolt out and take a pic if that would help. Send me a PM or request here and I will do that's when I get off work tomorrow. Have a great night, and happy building.

• 4 months later...

I used a wire coat hangar wound around a dowel rod and for the bolt carrier I used (don't laugh, the diameter was perfect and you can see how it looks below) a TP roll dispenser tube. I drilled a small hole in the bottom of the cocking lever and place a pin in to make sure all stays in place...

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

• 2 months later...