Screen-Accurate build v.1 in progress

TD-1536

I'm almost done, but wanted to get started discussing some of the build techniques, items used, etc. I've already spent no less than a month getting to this point and I'm still not done.

I'm going for the same pack design that the "Move Along" trooper wore, as well as Davin Felth in the first "Look sir, Droids" scene.

Since I was going to make many of the parts from scratch, the most elusive part is the 'oil filter/air filter/combo thing', I needed to make a dome. Using a Enfamil can, I stuck a vacuum in the side, taped a piece of .60 HIPS on top, and heated it up using a heat gun to create a perfectly formed dome for the oil filter device.

Posted Image

Here it is after forming. The rest of the filter would be made from a sheet of .60 HIPS.

Posted Image

Here is the build up progress, using a combination of PVC pipe, thin sheet plastic and the .60 HIPS.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here it is being worn. I still need to finish the exhaust pipe on the upper right corner and the oil filter device that hangs out the very bottom, as well as the remaining weathering.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very Nice! What did you use for the main boxes? I noticed they have the little ridges running across them.

I got them from TE. I don't know what the origin of the actual item is, but I think they are a little too big.

GREAT JOB !

we´re getting used to say this if you´re get your hands on something related to sandtroopers!

well done, mike!

PLEASE set up a list with all the parts you used except the TE stuff...

Mike,

For the five small tubes on the right side of the upper box, what did you use to fill out the ends? Thanks!

Screen door material. The tubes are nothing more than 1in. wide PVC. I applied a little glue on the inside, then using a marker_that was conveniently the size of the inner width_pushed a small square of the screen door material through the back and up to the front. Lastly, I cut a small circle of sheet plastic and attached that to cover up the back of each tube. Each tube has a nail inside that attaches them all to another piece of plastic, which is then mounted on the main box. They are also staggered in the same odd position as seen during the "Move along" scene.

• 2 weeks later...

here we go...

I have only one part left to complete this gem, and a few small details. Until then, here's all my progress.

(click image for larger version, but beware... it's HUGE!)

Posted Image