DoopyDoos E-11 Holes in barrel

Just made the sight rail for my DD E-11. Am I suppose to fill in the top hole next to the T track on the very top? And while I'm at it the same question goes for the hole that is in line with it on the bottom. The reason I'm questioning these is because I don't know why they are there in the first place.

Steve,

Just finished my E-11 from DD. I left mine alone. Once the rail was in, it looked good. I also left it to make any adjustments on my SWAT application. I am not computer savvy enough to upload pics here, sorry. I also added a hole in the top, under the rail for access to pin and screw in my handle, made it much stronger. I didn't fill that one in either, same reasons. Once painted black and rail is low enough, very hard to see. One of the command staff may have another opinion? Elliot is right about the pics though, if you can upload some. Also, some great forum threads on the DD here and the prop maker forums, specifically on the DD E-11. Word of advise, lightly sand and use paint thinner to go over the whole thing before painting. The resin doesn't take to the Krylon paint sometimes, the instructions are on the can. You should also wash it with mild detergent before anything. Helps the glue and paint stick better. The resin release sometimes messed me up. But if you take your time, it is a great blaster. Hope that helps.

Thank You all for replying. I decided to fill the holes. I was going to take a pic , but my fill job was better than I thought and you can't even tell where the holes were and that was without paint. Thanks Ben for painting advice. I've put together a Hasbro w/mod kit but also hope to make SWAT someday. I'm waiting for armor, but have also been working on my first helmet. I hope to weather it this weekend. One of the most important thing I've learned doing this is - Patience and not to rush anything, it is to your advantage if you want the best results. I will post pics of progress soon.

• 2 weeks later...