backpack #2

inglorious trooper

hey guys,ive been doing a bit a research today into my pack build.ive always wanted to do pack #2,problem is ive not long ago ordered a radio faceplate before realising #2 is the only one thats different!

i know its upside down but also the face plate has almost no detail to it,would it effect me joining you guys if i put a normal faceplate on my pack?

cheers

No, it wouldn't effect you joining... but, here's the breakdown, yo.

If you want to be deployed as a Police Officer then any pack with any other combo of things will work.

If you want to be deployed as SWAT then you'd have to have the nondescript, upside-down one.

SO... if you're wanting to be deployed THEN try for SWAT with the same configuration you would need to be prepared for SWAT... i.e. have the upside-down one. Or, you'd have to have it so you can swap it out.

The thing is the normal one will work for 501st (which doesn't even require a pack) and for Officer status (which doesn't require it be specific) but if you're doing the following trooper for SWAT status then every detail — radio on pack very much included — will have to match.

This is what you're talking about, right?

Posted Image

Does that answer your question?

forgot to say thanks for the offer of help rick,im sure il be needing plenty of help along the way!

ive got most of my parts for my build but im still not happy with my frame and seed trays.i think one problem is me being in the u.k.,if anyone can help me with those two parts in the u.k. id really appreciate it.but if anyone can send me them from the u.s. without shipping being crazy that would be cool too!

cheers everybody :thumbsup:

forgot to say thanks for the offer of help rick,im sure il be needing plenty of help along the way!

ive got most of my parts for my build but im still not happy with my frame and seed trays.i think one problem is me being in the u.k.,if anyone can help me with those two parts in the u.k. id really appreciate it.but if anyone can send me them from the u.s. without shipping being crazy that would be cool too!

cheers everybody :thumbsup:

Marcus

I hope I can be of help here mate, I have recently finished my backpack and am in the UK. I too had a massive search and there were only a few things that I could not get from this country from vendors. I had to buy the cup lids, burger stackers and seed trays from a guy on the UKG forums called "boba" Nathan. He was really helfpul. They were about £48 for the lot, but they are accurate and as I want to go SWAT it had to be done.

Here is my shopping list.

Vintage Tupperware 1.5L Jug fan lid. (for radar dish) --- £3 from Ebay

Cistern Syphon --- £7.51 Partridges of Hadleigh

2m 21.5mm PVC pipe --- £1.89 from B&Q

25mm Conduit pipe 2m --- £2.56 from B&Q (this is if you want to do a seemless frame)

6 PVC Pipe Corner brackets --- £5.98 from B&Q (2x 3 packs)

25mm wide Aluminium strip 1m x2 --- £3.84 each from B&Q

2x antiseptic wipe bottles --- £2.99 from Superdrug (these are the correct size)

seed trays, cups and burger stacker ---- £48 from boba

1.5L fridge jug --- £2.79 from QD or £3.99 on amazon.

50mm Gutter pipe for Mortar tube --- from B&Q.

I actually scratch built my radio and tool box using a mixture of 1mm, 2mm and 3mm styrene sheets that I got from Ebay, and my local model shop.

I painted the seed trays and bottles Humbrol No. 47 Sea Blue by hand. You can get 50ml tubs of which you'll only need 1.

The rest I sprayed Satin Black. I also made the exhaust box myself from 1mm styrene, but you can get a vac-formed box from Boba. Then just use some scrap pipe to make the exhaust.

The tutorials on this site are spot on so make sure you check them out mate.

I also did a tutorial on how to make a seamless pack frame with UK parts here: http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=8730&hl=&fromsearch=1

Hope this is of some help.

Nick

thanx again nick,got your pm and il deffinitley check him out!

got another question for pack #2 guys,the main pipe leads from the small box on the left,but where does

it lead too?does it go into the back of the seed tray on the top right hand side?

would really appreciate anyones help,cheers.

I am not sure there is any definitive pictures or screen grabs that show the exact location the tube enters the top of the pack.

I am working on one now and almost done with it. I ran mine into the top front tray on the right side just behind the tool box.

I will post some pics soon.

hey john,

thats an awsome looking pack build youve done there and a great faceplate to match.

its good to see someone else building the lesser known pack!thanxs for sending me the

pics,like you say theres doesnt seem to be any reference pics showing exactly where

the pipe goes,i agree with you that it goes into the seed tray.it would be interesting to

see what other troopers think

thanx again,marcus. :thumbsup: