*DONE* TD-4914 Requesting Deployment.

Jaggered

Looking really good Jace.

Almost everything looks up to standard...

Two things are needed:

Trim the corners of the belt to properly resemble ANH TDs...

and,

Could you (or anyone) post a reference of the upper left piece of your pack. I mean, It does looks like filter, but, on the sideways picture looks more like a flat box...

What part were you trying to resemble.

As I have said before, my weak link is backpacks! LOL!

But I am sure that Dirty Boy will jump soon and help me out!

:) .. mmmhhh, rick, where are you?

Just that bro and you will be set.

Saludos.

Juan

Hi all & Juan... hmmm okay, going from the SWAT CRL for the, " Enlisted Alley/ Falcon Take off V1" trooper this is who I based my costume off which I believed the pack to be the, "Pack# 1" type.

As it was & is my intent to apply for SWAT, my on screen trooper is enlisted & this is the enlisted trooper pack or so I believe.

My pack is based on this pack & the CRL only show's the front view, not a side view so I have no clue as to what the top left corner, filter depth should be & with my on screen TD who I'm trying to portray there's no side view of that section of the pack to indicate the depth of the filter.

Rick or Quartermaster or anyone else are you able to assist with clarification on this?

My trooper is holding the DLT-19 just in behind the Officer *Orange Pauldron*

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yea okay granted you never see his left side to show his filter, any help is highly appreciated.

Jace

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Juan, the pack is my build and the filter on that pack is the flat box type filter as opposed to the round filter found on the sergeants pack.

It is specific to the Enlisted Falcon Takeoff Trooper as seen here...

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=7297

Hey Juan, the pack is my build and the filter on that pack is the flat box type filter as opposed to the round filter found on the sergeants pack.

It is specific to the Enlisted Falcon Takeoff Trooper as seen here...

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=7297

Hi Juan, does this this help with my pack so that it's okay now or do I need to still do some adjustments?

I have some more photo's I can post of the pack however these were taken shortly after I got the pack so there's no extra weathering on it.

Please let me know your decision when you can, thank you.

Jace

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr63/Hellidon/Alley%20Enlisted%20TD/sandtrooper_hd_117.png

ok sorry im late on this one....holiday retail hours lol....im assuming the pack you are looking to replicate is from the pic in the link. if so it is a circular as opposed to the flat box style....

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr63/Hellidon/Alley%20Enlisted%20TD/sandtrooper_hd_117.png

ok sorry im late on this one....holiday retail hours lol....im assuming the pack you are looking to replicate is from the pic in the link. if so it is a circular as opposed to the flat box style....

Hi Rick, thanks for the reply & yea don't worry about the rentals ;)

hmm looking at your link do you mean the trooper on the right who I believe you can just make out the tip of his E-11?

My trooper going from that picture would be behind the officer *orange pauldron* & out of sight.

From John's reply this is the pack I decided to go with

http://forum.mepd.ne...?showtopic=7297

You never see my trooper's backpack from the rear or side & from the SWAT CRL it suggest's pack#4 which I think isn't the round type filter.

To save this topic being any more photo heavy ;)

If you scroll up to my comments about my SWAT trooper where I've included photo's it confirms you never see his pack from the left side or behind so I can only work on what the CRL suggests so err... where to now?

Jace

http://dirtyboysquad.com/uploads/IMG_1781-150x97.jpg

here is the version I did of that pack....the filter should be smaller and then the center piece has a completely different assembly

here is another shot of it

http://www.looksirdroids.com/images/backpacks/pack_01a.jpg

Okay my bad, I said pack #4 when I should have said my pack is pack #1

My trooper as per SWAT CRL

http://www.mepd.net/crl/private/

Now of course I know I can't apply for SWAT until I'm deployed.

So even though the SWAT CRL shows no side version of the pack & on screen you never see my troopers pack from the rear or his left side I now still need to change the filter?

I'm on my iPhone at the moment so will edit this when I get back to my pc to show my trooper.

Jace

Ok, I think I see where the confusion is. The link provided is based on some basic illustrations as opposed to the actual screen caps of the pack. There are only 5 packs (unless you count the Special Edition trooper pack) the pack you are replicating is....

Pack #: 1

Top Left Detail: rectangular filter approx 6x4 inches and 1 inch deep

Top Center Detail: canister with domed top and saucer like center in place of lid

Top Right Detail: Tool box comparable to move along trooper box without tape

Bottom Left Detail: Radio box without decal held on with electrical tape and small braces at the corner (appear to be some sort of custom structure)

Bottom Right Detail: Cistern Syphon with no bottom assembly

Bottom Detail: Bee stinger assembly

Left Side Detail: Lab Pipe

Right Side Detail: Shorter in length tube with white circular lid and det keypad.

post-2894-0-55179300-1322495120_thumb.jp

Ok, I think I see where the confusion is. The link provided is based on some basic illustrations as opposed to the actual screen caps of the pack. There are only 5 packs (unless you count the Special Edition trooper pack) the pack you are replicating is....

Pack #: 1

Top Left Detail: rectangular filter approx 6x4 inches and 1 inch deep

Top Center Detail: canister with domed top and saucer like center in place of lid

Top Right Detail: Tool box comparable to move along trooper box without tape

Bottom Left Detail: Radio box without decal held on with electrical tape and small braces at the corner (appear to be some sort of custom structure)

Bottom Right Detail: Cistern Syphon with no bottom assembly

Bottom Detail: Bee stinger assembly

Left Side Detail: Lab Pipe

Right Side Detail: Shorter in length tube with white circular lid and det keypad.

I have additional images if you need them

Well, since this is my pack build, I will chime in.

When Jace contacted me about this trooper, he sent me the pics and the link from our CRL. Since the screen gabs are few and far between, I modeled the pack as close as I could to the CRL. The CRL does not show any top on the top center bottle, so I made it so Jace could unscrew the mushroom cap for pics. The lower bottle on the syphon also is removable for pics.

The filter is slightly larger, BUT I think it should be allowed for Police Officer Deployement. There are no references to exact sizes anywhere that I know of for this part. I can see the argument for SWAT, but for PO Deployment???

We have other packs out there that have been approved with far less accuracy than this small filter part size being in question. Does this also mean that any future packs without Gordons Syphon will be turned down? Will futrure packs with a vac formed Crashmann or TK4510 Radio faceplate be turned down? How about tool box sizes, will they come into question next?

Not trying to cause a problem here. I am all for accuracy and strive to get my builds as close to it as possible, but I also thought that the whole reason for the SWAT program was for the SUPER nitpicking accuracy thing, not regular deployment.

Quote from the CRL link....

Black Pauldron TD breakdown

"These images are based on screen used configurations of the black pauldron trooper from the scenes taking place on Tatooine in Star Wars: A New Hope. While this attention to detail is not necessary for 501st admission, nor for deployment as an MEPD Police Officer they are required to be deployed with MEPD S.W.A.T. status and are posted here as reference for those who wish to do so."

Jace, no matter what the outcome of this is, please know that I will be completely responsible for whatever changes that need to be made to that filter part. PM me and we will work out all the details ASAP.

Ya I know John....it seems to be getting tighter and tighter when it comes to deployments...in some cases the lines between SWAT and Police Officer status tend to be blurred together. I guess it's just our natural tendencies to become as accurate as possible. That being said, you are probably right in that it would be ok for a standard Police Officer. The packs have come a long way over the past few years and the pack I got "deployed" with was not even close to today's standards.

As far as the pack is concerned, it's a great

pack and I can see the hours spent on building

it. You do great work man.

Anyway, Jace If you plan on going SWAT, you might just want to go ahead and make the changes now to save you time later. I'll be happy to help in whatever way I can as well.

Hi all, the belt of course will be no problem to adjust however with the pack, I shall need to adjust it so that it is acceptable for deployment & then after acceptance as deployed change it again for SWAT status.

Can you please clarifiy for me?

If SWAT is the highest stardared one can aspire to, the highest bench mark then would that not mean that if I did my pack straight off as SWAT it should be accepted as deployed as well?

Please forgive me if I sound a little rough around the edges or sharp as I don't mean to I'm trying to understand.

I have to admit I am more than a little upset, angry, disappointed & in truth I feel like giving up... why?

From when my TD was started it had been my intent to apply as SWAT from the get go after deployment, reading the SWAT CRL I had assumed that this was the bible so to speak & not just a guide.

Now that I understand it is a guide I think it needs to be updated so that someone like myself is completley aware of all the fact's & information especially the dimensions.

I brought my pack from a member here & both of us believed that the pack I selected was correct for what I was wanting to achieve but had we had the correct information from the start I wouldn't now be in this position, sure. Maybe we should have researched more but then again to someone such as myself I believed what I was reading was the full available information & so didn't think twice about looking into thing's further, my fault then.

What I find disheartening is that I posted in, "The Hurt Locker" about what I was wanting to do, what trooper I was looking at & after 3 months I was ready then out of the blue no offense intended Rick but you posted some extra photo's of my trooper & I was a little annoyed, why? Because after 3 months & ready to go with no support from other members to help out with photos in my early stages I'm suddenly presented with some unexpected photos when I've finished, this added another month of work.

I was happy was well because it lead me to be more screen accurate with the weathering especially with his chestplate where my trooper has a peculiar mark in the centre of his chest.

Now after 4 month's I find my pack is holding me up for deployment because it's the wrong type for my trooper & as a result I'll need to contact the person I purchased the pack off, source the new parts I need & then also source the parts & adjust it again for SWAT status.

It was my own choice to purchase a pack rather than make it myself & have it shipped to me in Australia from the States so as you can imagine the shipping alone wasn't exactly cheap but honestly, if the fact's are fully out there in plain sight *dimenions* etc for any aspiring deployed officer & SWAT then you wouldn't have any one feeling as crappy as I am now.

On a side note does this also mean the manufactuer of my pack is making the wrong pack without realizing it?

There's no way I'm going to make deployment or even SWAT this year which was my goal what with having to contact my pack manufacturer & waiting on parts to be sent... yea I will deploy as I've spent to much time & money but what's a few more buck's?

Rick can you PM me what adjustments I'd need to do for the pack after deployment so I'm 100% fully in the know for SWAT, I will decide from this if I shall continue with SWAT or not.

Jace :(

Jace, please do not be disheartened by this. You should have absolutely NO problem getting deployed with this pack.

If the powers that be feel it is necessary to have a "smaller" filter, then so be it. I will pay you to have the pack shipped back to me, I will replace the part and make any other necessary adjustments they see fit, and ship it back to you ASAP. This will all be done at my expense, not yours.

You should be Deployed as is as far as I am concerned. The SWAT details are minor and I will make sure you get what you need. I too was going off the CRL pics provided for this pack. I had never seen one built before, and as a result, went with the closest filter I could find for that piece. As you remember, we had discussed the bottle issues which is why I made the mushroom cap on the top bottle removeable and the lower canister removeable as well for your SWAT pics.

Please know that this will all get sorted out. You have done an excellent job with your gear and it is worthy of Police Officer status for sure.

Hang in there brother. PM is inbound.

Hey guys, I'm finally chiming in here...

Yes. I'd say this pack is totally good to go for Police Officer deployment. The filter is more accurate than a lot of what has been deployed (not necessarily by "us") in the past. But even without that being said it isn't SWAT... we're not looking for every rivet to be sized and positioned exactly... we're looking for the best for sure.

The CRL states...

Desert Backpack, styled after the ANH sandtrooper packs. They are comprised of two main boxes (aka Seed Trays), that are the approximate width of the backplate, correct bend on frame. Strict screen accuracy is required! While not every Sandtrooper in the film had a backpack, we feel that this level of commitment and overall design of the character should be attained. This also means taking no personal liberties such as LED lights, etc.

This is — in my opinion — meeting that. It's screen accurate, and even strictly screen accurate. It's not PERFECTION (maybe) but it's strict.

(am I splitting hairs?)

The thing we're making sure of with Officer status is that there are no lights, or really obvious "custom" packs, or packs that are just WAY off base. That's the goal.

Agree?

Sorry for all this sour moment. It is my fault 100%.

I know the pack is ok for deployment, I was trying to get some assistance since in the past I have given some weird input on packs I am not familiar with (as this one). That is why I aked rick for his input.

But, actaully, while typing I was going to ask Quartermaster too togive his input since I consider him a great armorer specially when talking about packs. Why I ended up not doing it is just... Well... No reason.

I have been stressed up a bit at work and have not been able to spend as much time as I want and like evaluating deployment and swat requests... That is why i have opted for asking other ppls points of view to consider before giving my input. I realize now that this might not always be the best option.

Please accept my apologies both Jace and John.

I am on my iPad now and it is quiet late here in Mexico, but if you allow me, I will come back tomorrow and read this whole thing, answer to any question and have you deployed if that were the case (which I think it is).

Also, know that we are discussing this backstage. We want to make sure everyone is terated the same and evaluated with the same standard.

Please Johm and Jace, before making any arremgement for sending the pack back or forward, allow me a to fully check the references and the pack in a SWAT standard... I think no major mod is needed.. We just need to get everything clear and fair to all.

Again, accept my apologies, this is my responsability as deployment officer and my fault 100%.

I a, very sorry for any inconvenience...

Saludos.

Juan.

And Jace, please dont feel discouraged by this...

Our main mission here is to help you and all current and future members to build the best possile TDs...

It is not our intention to ever segregate, discourage, or prevent any trooper to get deployed, or SWAT statuses.

All the contrary, we are always trying to be as helpful as possible... It is clear we can try a bit harder.

As the deployment officer and having this feeling of failing yo, I am taking as a personal mission to help you get deployed and personally (online anyway ;) ) assist you to get you to the SWAT team.

If you have any question or need any assistance, let me know.

Saludos again

Juan

Jace-please don't feel discouraged in any way. We are here to help you get the best possible sandtrooper. The deployed MEPD Police Officer is a great achievement in itself...SWAT is the next level fir some but not always for everyone. SWAT standards don't always equal Police Officet status though and the two should looked at as separate goals.

There are a few pics out there relating to your pack and I know as a new member it tends to be overwhelming at times. We have all gone through the growing pains and stress of trying to get our builds correct. My police officer deployment took months and I thought I had done what was required...I look back now and

understand at that time there were new levels that were being established.

Anyway, if you are comfortable with doing the adjustments on your pack, I will send you the parts for SWAT at no charge....just cover the shipping costs.

OK.

Sorry for the delay...

Its crazy the years end over my job line. But here I am...

So, we had some talk on the backstage and agreed on a few things...

-Your pack, even the filter, is fine for Police Officer status. But SWAT would be something else to work with. We can cross the bridge when we get to it ;)

-SWAT and Police Officer requirements tend to merge in many places and ways... but they are not the same thing. I will take special care in making every comment and review up to each program standard. Not more (unless reachable and or requested), not less.

-And I personally apologize for this lack of accuracy in my evaluation. At the end, I will still ask other members for their opinion in stuff that might be blurry, but it is my job to give the official review and deploy or not any trooper. So, I will be putting much more time and care in my duties a DO.

I am really sorry for any misunderstanding that might have come out from this evaluation. Hope no mixed signals have been given. It is our job and our pleasure to help troopers build the best TD they can, not to prevent them from doing it.

So... here is my final review:

Your TD looks awesome bro. Your weathering specially looks GREAT! I like it a lot.

There are some minor details and tweaks you might need for SWAT (as I know you intend to), but nothing that would prevent you from deployment as Police Officer.

Those details include the air filter, the lab pipe and the corners of the belt. But since they are not required by the CRL, there is no real need to submit those modifications for deployment. Anyway, I would suggest you to do them, specially the belt corners.

So, without further word... it is my pleasure to say:

Congratulations Jace, you are now officially deployed as a MEPD Police Officer.

Here is your link.

Pls send me and bluey the picture you want for your profile.

Congratulations and welcome!

Saludos.

AWESOME CONGRATS JACE!!!! you deserve it man....you can definitely see the work you have done and the time you spent.

also, just want to apologize for the miscommunication relating to the pack....it looks great and when your ready to go SWAT we can guide you through the alterations

HAVE A GREAT DAY MAN!

Congrats, Jace! Your gear is top Notch! Your pack is awesome cuz I know my boy Q does awesome work.I can't wait to have my pack "Quartermastered." Your weathering and attention to detail in regards to your armor are to be envied. Again, welcome aboard-well deserved. see ya, Dave