Experience with paranormal activity

DirtyBoy

Yeah the UK has some famous land marks and castles/pubs etc that are haunted. Infact just this halloween some friends and I went to Warwick castle for a halloween meal/booze-up and we got a tour of the castle and dungeons. It was a great laugh and pretty creepy too.

Smally.

Yeh Warwick is supposed to be the most hanunted Castle in the UK. I saw a special once on TV where a load of people got locked in for the night with no lights except their cameras, much like Ghost Adventures. Bloody brave.

Nick

Yeh Warwick is supposed to be the most hanunted Castle in the UK. I saw a special once on TV where a load of people got locked in for the night with no lights except their cameras, much like Ghost Adventures. Bloody brave.

Nick

:blink: sod that for a game! That place is creepy during the day with all the lights on, let alone at night! You just get that "feeling" from the place even without anyone talking about ghosts etc.

I've seen or felt the presence of people who weren't there. I guess you kinda get used to that once you've got a family member involved in "invoking" spirits. It's super interesting though, some might find it scary but, really, we all should be afraid of those who are alive. :P

Interesting thread and can imagine the UK being a hotbed for the paranormal.

I'm not really much of a believer myself but when I was about 8 or 9, I went on an overnight school trip to Williamsburg, VA. Shared a room in an old style inn with a couple other boys. In the wee early morning hours, the room got freezing cold and a blurred figure of a man in apparently 18th century clothing stood gazing out the window. Lasted no more than 10 seconds before he faded away. My roomates and I freaked and hid under the covers the rest of the night. We reported it to one of our teachers next morning who didn't take us seriously of course. He asked one of the inn staff if there were heating problems since the building was so old because of our story. We told him which room we were in and he kind of chuckled and said we had the rare luck to be visited by their resident spook. Story goes he was some kind of merchant who committed suicide due to heavy financial debts. So that was my brief encounter anyway and to this day can't really say what I saw was real or not - maybe just my way of denial.

More recently, every summer my garrison troops a nearby small town as part of their parade festivities. They usually let us use their old library basement to dress and stow bins. According to the state registry of historical places, this library was purportedly haunted by a former librarian who died in the 1920s. We never paid it much attention since we were mostly focused about gearing up for the parade. However one year, one of the jedi in our sister rebel group who said she was sensitive to such phenomena (no force jokes intended!) said she immediately sensed another presence in the basement with us and felt uneasy. Rest of us felt nothing and only after a few moments did she feel it safe to enter herself. Was going make a crack about her force powers but could tell she really felt unnerved by something and left it at that.

They say that Kids can be extra sensitive to these kinds of things too, and its these stories that I find most inmteresting, because Kids will tell you straight up if they see something. I remember a friend of mine who said that when they moved house their 3 year old daughter kept asking if her Nan was moving with them to the new House. Confused they told her that her nan lived somewhere else already and the child replied "No the nan who lives here, she has a white dress and she talks to me when I am in bed sometimes".

I also remember my neice having something ahppen to her when they were looking for a new house in France. They went into one house that had a attic conversion. She went off to play and explore the room while my sister talked to the realter about the house, and my neice then came running in in tears saying that a man had shouted at her down the telephone. When they went into the next room there was an old telephone on the side with the reciever off, but it was not plugged in.

Nick

I love this subject, very intriguing and creepy. Ive experienced a few things that till this day i cant explain, the first experience was when i was about 13, i was staying the night at my friends house, there has always been a really uncomfortable feeling with his house, we always joked around that his house was haunted. this particular night we were feeling brave and talking sh it to this unknown feeling and then we heard a loud noise in the closet when we looked all his clothing were swaying back and forth the room got cold, then heard a tapping on his window ( it was very faint) we both turned around to see what is was and we both saw an image of someone standing just outside the window. (this scared the crap out of us ) we screamed so loud that his parents came into the room and found us hiding under his desk with baseball bats lol.

The second time was with the my same friend and a few others ( same house) we were about 18 now, we were on our way to a party but had to stop at his house to get some stuff ^^, we were all standing in the kitchen talking waiting for our friend, one of my buddies said that he was gona go wait outside, he said he did not feel right in the house, we all starting teasing him and then the phone rang the light in the hall way turned on and soo dd the living room tv. the title on the tv said Guilty As SIN. No one was on the phone, no one was in the hall to turn the light on and the remotes were on the table in plain sight. till this day i refuse to go to his house.

The last experience i had was about a year after my father had passed in 2001, i was feeling a bit depressed about my dad, i have never been a religious person but found myself praying, during my prayer my ceiling light started to flicker and an overwhelming feeling of warmth and comfort came over me. i took it as everything is good with my dad and now when i think of him i dont get depressed.