My DoopyDoos Pipe E11...

A couple of months ago got my Doopy Doos pipe kit and a 40mm pipe by dashrazor.

I also ordered a scope from DD and had a counter from a previous E11 Project.

So far, I have sanded and finished a few pieces with files. Just to make them look better.

But I am facing a little dilema here... should I go for an ANH regular E11, meaning, the E11 that we all know about. The classical and iconic ANH E11... or should I go for the TD variation of E11.

Being the last one a much simpler and modified one. Not all parts are original Sterling SMG deactivated parts, but a few were made to replicate the parts since Tunisian costumes would not allow weapons to go into the country as a whole piece.

This is what I mean:

post-0-0-76386100-1320431693_thumb.jpg

Notice the butt of the blaster is a piece placed to the main body and ammo chamber. Also the missing trigger and different grip. Finally, the scope is a little different from the ones seen on Death Star Troops' E11s.

Making this a TD variation would involve much more work and commitment, and to be honest, I don't fully like the looks of the TD E11s. But then again, it would be more accurate. Have not decided yet.

What do you guys think?

Here are some pictures of the first few steps:

The Kit:

post-0-0-24184200-1320432002_thumb.jpg

Since the 40mm pipe is a bit thicket than the 40mm real sterling shaft, the pieces meant to fit it on inside don't really fit. So I went with dashrazors alternative and started detailing the inside tube (provided by him and already fitted) to make it look like the real part.

post-0-0-46281000-1320431961_thumb.jpg

post-0-0-40936700-1320431956_thumb.jpg

So far, so good!

Planning to finish it for Xmas with the rest of my SWAT mods!!

:)

Saludos

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good Juan.

I would do the normal ANH E-11 we know, whit the trigger and all.

Not sure all TD´s did have the model above, whit no trigger etc, looks off vs. the sterling trigger one i think ;)

• 1 month later...

OK...

So here is what I have been able to do with my build.

Time dedicated to prop building and anything TD this last months has been very limited, but I have been able to do some progress on my build.

Unfortunately, the ultimate goal (which was to apply for SWAT program around Xmas), has been left on standby for some time. Hopefully I will be resuming all my pack and armor mods in the first few months of 2012.

Anyway, here is what I have done with the blaster.

At the end, I decided to go for a full E11/sterling replica, and not the TD modified E11.

That project I have planed for next year...

So...

Using the Doopydoos kit and the 40mm pipe by dash razor, this is how it looks so far:

post-1761-35042_thumb.jpg

I gave this texture following Pandatrooper's tutorial to give it a look like real metal.

post-1761-0-37014400-1323293339_thumb.jp

Replaced the resin screws with real allen screws.

post-1761-0-76036800-1323293351_thumb.jp

Modified the inner tube section provided by dashrazor to make it look more like the real Sterling part.

post-1761-0-25748200-1323293368_thumb.jp

Used some epoxy to make some residues look like if it was soldered.

post-1761-0-28728900-1323293382_thumb.jp

This is the doopydoos scope mounted on the GREAT scope rail made by iron ram (thx bro).

post-1761-0-20985800-1323293398_thumb.jp

And here is the whole blaster still in parts.

post-1761-0-54386700-1323293393_thumb.jp

Besides the obvious things I need to finish, I still need to decide if I will add the counter and power cells, or not.

The T track, well... I need to order them soon.

And off to paint job!

What do you think?

Saludos

• 5 weeks later...

Wow you coming along. Looking great

Nice scope mount lol

Keep up the great work

Yes!!!

The scope mount is really cool. That was the part I wa most affraid of, until you came to the recue!!!!

Now, the really difficult work is still to come, finishing, painting and detailing...

I have just arrived from the airport back from my vacation, with lots of ideas and energy, and even supplies after a visiti to hobby lobby ( man, why cant we have something like that in Mexico?).

So... I will be making some progress really soon... And coming closer to SWAT!

thx everyone for your kind words...

Saludos

Juan

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a little update!

RL is, and I now guess will always be, demanding that I spend most of my time, including TD time, in other stuff. But, hey, I am patient. I will take my time and keep on my TD projects and duties... even is slower than before! :)

Proof of that is this... I finally finished the basic form of my Sterling SMG... now waiting to put on all the add ons to become an E11 Blaster.

Used some automotive plaster to finish all the gaps and detailing after putting together the DD and pipe... and it is looking really good. At least that is what I think. ;)

post-1761-0-26774800-1327094312_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-52996900-1327094314_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-70104800-1327094313_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-32378400-1327094315_thumb.jp

What do you think?

Slaudos.

Looking great Juan. A little tip for you I found when doing 2 previous Doopydoo blasters and something I would want to try again if I get around to doing my uber realistic one one day. You can file, or snap off the d-ring on the end cap and drill through and mount your own for added realism. And just looking is your scope rail a little wide, could you take it over the rear sight like it's supposed to be on reference pics? Also don't forget to drill the holes in the bottom of the folded stock, again for added realism (something I will do on future builds.

Nick

Looking great Juan. A little tip for you I found when doing 2 previous Doopydoo blasters and something I would want to try again if I get around to doing my uber realistic one one day. You can file, or snap off the d-ring on the end cap and drill through and mount your own for added realism. And just looking is your scope rail a little wide, could you take it over the rear sight like it's supposed to be on reference pics? Also don't forget to drill the holes in the bottom of the folded stock, again for added realism (something I will do on future builds.

Nick

THX for the tips Nick...

Ed and I worked to develop this rail for the Scope, and given that I could not find any exact reference measurement for the rail, we gave it a try with a standard size, based on what would fit better a resin scope replica. I think it works... do you have info on this... it would be very useful. :)

I have considered taking off and replacing the ring with a real one. But so far only found those provided by Karin and they are not 100% spot on. If I find one that can be used and has the right shape and size, I will add it. Also, if you have any intel on this, it will be much appreciated!

Finally, drilling the wholes of the stock is something I have opted not to do (so fat), mainly cause I lack the tools for doing it properly. I do have a Dremmel, but I am afraid I have to do it by hand. So... don't want to spoil it...

Anyway...

THX for your help. If you have any other idea or suggestion, please let me know!!

Saludos

Juan

Sorry Juan, Ive been made to look a bit foolish now, should've kept my mouth shut. LOL.

I can't remember where I got the dimensions for the scope rail. I think I just made it the same width as the rear sight, which made it about 15mm wide, then cut it in to fit between the rear sight and mounted it in the hole at the back.

As far as a D-ring goes, I made my own from some wire I had left over from a siphon for a backpack.

Nick

Sorry Juan, Ive been made to look a bit foolish now, should've kept my mouth shut. LOL.

I can't remember where I got the dimensions for the scope rail. I think I just made it the same width as the rear sight, which made it about 15mm wide, then cut it in to fit between the rear sight and mounted it in the hole at the back.

As far as a D-ring goes, I made my own from some wire I had left over from a siphon for a backpack.

Nick

Hey bro! Not at all... Thisis the ideaof the whole forum platform... One post other comments and colaborates. This makes us grow and go further... Your help is much appreciated, really.

Pls, keep writing your opinions and ideas. This is why we all are here, arent we?

Thx a lot bro... Any ideas on how to get those holes done?

Thx.

Saludos.