*ACTIVATED* TD-5423 / DAVEMARS / SWAT OFFICER # 014

sir david

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been a very long and difficult road to SWAT, but it truly has paid off.

From your original submission to these last pictures, there is a world of work, time, patience and love to sandy armor that can be seen from several parsecs away!

This is what SWAT program is about. Not about forging a prop, but about wanting to go further and actually, have the patience and passion to do so. And you my friend, have it. Even if sometimes assisted by our bro Dave H, you have shown your commitment to your TD and now that it is done I can only say, mission accomplished!

Congratulations, you are now officially deployed as a MEPD SWAT team officer!!

Pls, let us know which picture you want for your profile!

This is your link.

Saludos

I'm speechless brothers!

I couldn't have done it without my SWAT brothers! Especially Sir Dave who originally converted my 1st TK to TD & kindly spent a lot of his spare time weathering my armour for MEPD & SWAT.

He was happy with my attempt on the chest weathering & glad it was all cool in the end.

Thanks for all your support & patience over the last year. I know the thread was way too long! I was broke for a good 6 months of the months if the build & then ended up upgrading everything

Any suggestions on my profile pic? I might wait until my next troop in a months time?

Huge thanks to Rick & Juan too couldn't have done it without the field pack advice & parts.

I won't be a stranger on the boards.

Look forward to trooping with my UK SWAT brothers very soon!

See ya next month Marcus!!

Thanks Nick!

Yeah if you get some spare time & fancy having a go on photoshop on 1 of the pics on here or my Facebook I can send the original pic my email

Dan W is going to mem so I'll end up with loads of pics after the troop

Cheers

well done bro! i told you you would get there in the end didnt i? :thumbsup: its extremely rare that anyone gets to this high standard first time ! again,as i told you too,getting knocked back for the odd required mod here and there isnt the end of the world is it? as i have said many times before to you,it only makes your kit even better in the long run!!! :yes:

thanx to rick and juan for all their help again during this project,and at last this long thread finally comes to a positive ending for you dave !

well done again! :salute:

Ive submitted a 3 page PM to the mods and the boss explaining why I don't think your armour is quite up to SWAT standard. Please do not celebrate just yet as there are over 30 corrections needed on both the armour and back pack.

Congratulations really dude! As I said on FB, bask in the glory ! :salute:

• 2 months later...

Dave H,

Looking at this reminds me that I need to pleather my own radio. I know you offered to do it for me buddy and that is very much appreciated. I have some pleather at home, that I was gonna make some pouches from, and I'm also going to throw my black leather sofa soon, so I'll be salvaging the leather from that.

Cheers

Nick

It's torn and worn in many places and will only end up on the dump. I looked at it and thought, shame to let good bits of leather go to waste I should really keep it to make some pouches.

Dunno when it'll be yet but I'll bear you in mind mate c

Nick

I am looking at "move along" builds for research into my own version and I have to ask where the round screw in the ear is seen?

I am not trying to cause a fuss as I am sure it is there somewhere, but in the pics on Looksirdroids I just cant find it.

Posted Image

I love the attention to detail, it is helping me with ideas on how I need to change my pack and weathering etc.

I am used to building TKs to EIB and centurion level, which focuses on the building of the armor (accurate split rivets for the side, accurate placement of thigh ammo belt with the cap rivet in the upper corners not the centers or bottoms, rounded bottom on the thigh ammo belt pop rivets absolutely not allowed etc), instead of the replication of a particular on screen TK. This is a whole new level and I find it fascinating.

Congrats on the SWAT designation!