"Look Sir Droids" Helmet Build All Done I think

supa troop

i sort of finished my Move along helmet a few weeks ago not entirely happy with it but thats another story.

So i got a set of TE armour thats now been verified as authentic so im pretty stoked about that and it will be dirtied up in due cause and popped on a mannequin , im not convinced that the helmet that came with the armour is TE maybe some one here can verify for me what it is.

i wont bore you all with the actual build process as im sure you have seen it a 100 times before, but this helmet went together like a dream, ive added the brow trim and ears which still need a little trimming and painted the earcaps too.

please ignore the pencil lines they are there to help me with the final paint up.

i remember way way back coming across a picture of a sandtrooper that i believed to be a publicity still it wasnt until years later i found out that armour actually used to belong to Art Andrews and i consider it to be the best interpretation of "Look sir Droids" ie Davin Felth, my hope is to get as near as **** it to that armour, i wont succeed lol but i will give it a good try

ok so here is what i have done so far

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

so i started some painting on the TE "Look Sir Droids" this evening

Mic Tops added, frown and ears painted as well as the tube stripes.

going to finish this off tomorrow and then begin the weathering , hmmmmmmmm 3 helmets all dirty, do i qualify as a Sandtrooper Fan :engel:

so a question regarding the weathering and in particular Davin Felth, what sets his weathering detail apart from the rest, i mean if you do a "Move along" helmet which i tried previously you can pretty much tell who he is by the brow trim, nailing Davin Felth is going to be pretty hard especially if i want people to instantly recognise that particular helmet

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A progress report on how the weathering is going.

Im trying to match this TE as best i can with subtle shandes of Fuller's sand colour and the darker spot's that distinquish DF, ive still got the tears and traps to paint and remove some of the paint from around the teeth area , but what do you think so far any tips or pointers welcome

Posted Image

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Simon! hows the build? i cant find the thread where Art put a Hi-res picture of the helmet,but i saved it,it helped my build a lot. Here you go m8!

Posted Image

Wow what a picture, i seriously need to get some more weathering on my TE 'LSD' helmet, he almost looks oily .......... what do you suppose they used to wether this

Sweet looking helmet :thumbsup:

One small thing, there are only cut out 3 holes on the left wearing it, not four:

Posted Image

Nice helmet collection, the RS one rocks!!! :thumbsup: