Mr. Move a long.

Rolf

Hi bro´s i meet our big hero and idol yesterday, The Sandtrooper king aka Anthony Forrest.

We had a long good talk, about he´s time as a sandtrooper back then, and life in general.

He was the best, very kind of open.

I asked him a few questions:

1. If it was he´s own voice in ANH, it was not.

He did all the lines there, and i have them on my behind the scene dvd´s here.

LFL had a dude, Anthony could not remember his name, but he did several voice overs, include he´s.

2. If he remember if he got he´s left side pouch skipped out whit another while taken the road block scene.

George just call him up in the morning, asking him to help him.

Said he need a actor to play a Sandtrooper figure, and it was a important role.

So he need a actor in the suit, as we know many of the Sandtrooper´s was local tunisian.

When Anthony came to the scene, they was all suit up in Sandtrooper suits, and the land speeder was ready.

So he do not know, who is the guys besides him in the other Sandtrooper suits.

He just did the Move a long shots.

I told him there was a US Sandtrooper woman there, aka Kaye Power McGowan.

She was the other captain, in front of him whit the no back pack on, and DLT-19.

She should also be on this event here, but was taken off, i do not know why she did not show up at the event.

Anthony remember taken a brake doing the road block scene, still having the suit on.

And there was some LFL dress uppers, they just put he´s suit on.

He only remember they got it on, and was around him, he did not remember them chance the pouch (be we know they did).

He remember there was also some LFL picture men, taken pics of each Sandtrooper each time on polaroid.

So if they could match each trooper, after a brake, of taken a scene finished the day after.

3. I also ask him about he´s hight, so we can judge how accurate the suits fit you and me.

I think he said 5,11, here we only have cm and mm i´m 182cm, and i think i´m a 6 and 5,11 i think its the about the same 180cm.

4. I ask him, if he was sad about the Fixer character was cut out back then.

He said no, it just normal for a movie some scene gets cut away.

He said if they would have kept all takes, the movie would also around 2 hours and 40 minutes.

He also told me he was sun tan badly, from the day before doing the fixer, as he did not know he should do the Sandtrooper take the day after.

So he really had to forget about how badly he was sun burned, and just act cool in the hot Sandtrooper suit under the hot tunisia sun.

My hero & i :D

Posted Image

Question 3, about the hight, and armor fit.

Looks like i´m swat accurate on the hight as well there :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pics from question 2, Anthony taken a brake and the right side hip pouch are chance from the long three room pouch to a smaller spanish pouch:

Posted Image

Long three room hip pouch:

Posted Image

Smaller ww2 spanish pouch:

Posted Image

A the event we got:

Anthony Forrest- Sandtrooper

Allan Harris - Bossk.

Chris Muncke - ANH officer.

Alan Flyng - ANH/ESB Stormtrooper.

Simon Williamson- Max repo band elefant- Gamorrean guard.

John Copper- Cloud city guard- Rebel officer - Snowtrooper.

They was all so kind, and funny.

I´m impressed each time, how kind and lovely they all the actors are each time from the old saga.

Heres a pics of me and Chris Mucke having fin, he said was it as good for you as it was for me :D

Posted Image

It was a nice and cosy event, sadly i did not have a Sandtrooper suit on.

But i will next time.

Move a long... move a long... :td:

Coooool :D

Interested news of him. And of course...in the height you're SWAT suitable ;):P

...great pictures of you both...thanks for sharing Rolf :duim:

He seems to be a very nice man :)

BTW...where was the it?!? Whas it a Convention?!?!?

Cheers....

EDIT: Was it at the FACTS/Belgium?!?!

Absolutely AWESOME Rolf! You are a lucky man to get to meet him and have such a great conversation!

The signed photo he did for you is amazing!

Did he comment on how great your gear is?

Did you think to ask him about any details on the packs?

Coooool :D

Interested news of him. And of course...in the height you're SWAT suitable ;):P

...great pictures of you both...thanks for sharing Rolf :duim:

He seems to be a very nice man :)

BTW...where was the it?!? Whas it a Convention?!?!?

Cheers....

EDIT: Was it at the FACTS/Belgium?!?!

The con was in Copenhagen.

I live down town, just beside the main head train station.

This was about 15 minutes out side in train from the city area, in a big shopping center called CITY2.

Here the site for the con :) :

http://www.danskstarwarsloge.dk/

Absolutely AWESOME Rolf! You are a lucky man to get to meet him and have such a great conversation!

The signed photo he did for you is amazing!

Did he comment on how great your gear is?

Did you think to ask him about any details on the packs?

He said my suit was really something, and proud i had been trying to copy he´s suit from top to toe.

I told him, i got a lot of good pics of him in the suit.

As he did not have many whit him, from back then.

So i got he´s email, and i will send them all to him ;)

I was thinking about asking him about the back pack.

But when he told me every thing was ready when he came to the set, and there was people there to give him the complete suit on.

He just stood there as a doll getting it on, and did not remember much details about the suit in general.

I remember i would ask him any way about the packs, but a few times we got cut off in the talk by people there getting a signed picture.

So i also forgot to ask about it :D

The sincere question would be: What think ,for example, Anthony Forrest about us 'Freaks' in our replica armours....we'll have to leave the church in the village. There are certainly some actors at that time, who think "What idiots"....I must admit ... I do not know so many actors from the old trilogy...what i talking about...i don't know so many actors of the whole Star Wars movies, to be able to judge what the people think about us.

Well....i hope the most of this actors think, we're lovely 'Freaks' in very good replica armours with a good charme, to bring out the immortal feeling of Star Wars :lol:

Oooh...please forget this words of this confused freak :huh:

That's awesome Rolf, very glad (and jealous!) you got to meet him!

I'm always surprised what a positive attitude these actors have to our questions. To a lot of them, it was a great opportunity at a cool job. But here we are asking what color their shoe laces were 30+ years ago. :)

The sincere question would be: What think ,for example, Anthony Forrest about us 'Freaks' in our replica armours....we'll have to leave the church in the village. There are certainly some actors at that time, who think "What idiots"....I must admit ... I do not know so many actors from the old trilogy...what i talking about...i don't know so many actors of the whole Star Wars movies, to be able to judge what the people think about us.

Well....i hope the most of this actors think, we're lovely 'Freaks' in very good replica armours with a good charme, to bring out the immortal feeling of Star Wars :lol:

Oooh...please forget this words of this confused freak :huh:

Hahaha i hear you brother :lol:

But he´s have made he´s own 501st patch and gave it to me, plus he are a 501st member him self as well.

So i´m sure he thinks the suits are cool.

He also told me about Tony aka TE2 gave him a Sandtrooper helmet, and he was happy for it, even it looked a bit beat up now.

We also talk about how important it is to keep your inner child alive, whit hobby´s etc.

He´s a top cool guy :)

Thats awesome Rolf, glad you got tho meet the MAN....B) he sounds like a really down to earth person.

ohh you got to take a pic of the patch bro :D.

Very down to earth, and nice to be around whit for sure.

I will take a pic of he´s patch to me ;)

AWESOME!!!!!! Thanks Rolf!! You ARE the man :)

Thanks bro :)

And you too, and all the others good trooper´s in here keeps inspiring me.

M.E.P.D the for ever lasting brotherhood ;)

Guest Locitus

Very cool Rolf! I hope he makes his way up to Sweden sometime. I had a great time meeting and dining with Alan Flynn and would sure like to meet some more of the original troopers. :)