Binoc Tutorial?

I've searched some older threads and haven't found a tutorial or picture archive/gallery yet. Are there any? I have a Radica Tank game I bought about 5 years ago with the express purpose of converting to electrobinoculars. Now that I'm close to having armor, it's time to get serious. Any help would be appreciated.

The mustard thing threw me. I'd actually heard of that method before I'd seen that tutorial. One of my sandtrooper buddies was working on his binoculars and I saw him smearing it with mustard. I was skeptical at first, but when I saw the finished product I was very impressed. It's one of those ideas that is so simple it borders on genius.

One thing I want to try with my binocs is adding a couple lights to the view plate while keeping the electronics intact. Has anyone attempted this? I don't know much about electronics & wiring so I don't know if it's possible to wire in more stuff using the existing wiring.

One last thing: Has there been a SW looking face plate decal made? I've been looking but have yet to find anything to replace the "real" one.