Trooper Abuse

RETNUHHA

Hey guys,

Ok so did an event last Saturday for the Children's day fair in Van Nuys Ca, were i experienced for the first time some Trooper Abuse.

It's kinda my fault for going about 30 yards away from my wrangler but i got bombarded by about 8 kids, I felt my thermal detonator being pulled ( thats right my thermal detonator wasnt able to wear my pack :( ), i reached back to grab it when i got punched in the gut and then cursed at followed by a kick in the shin, and then the parents had the nerve to ask for pic, i was more then displeased by this.( i really didnt know what to do, should i just walk away or take the pic, well i took the pic but it took away the fun for the day)

I was just curious if anyone else has had any trooper abuse? and how did you handle it?

Well everything is learned thru experience dear Robert. Have always a friend or fellow trooper watch your back.

Sorry to here the paradox about troopin for a kid cause and getting mangled by them also.Posted Image

Hope it doesn't happen again, however if in any Troopin the situation starts to get awry enforce the kids or

whomever starts in getting out of control, to stop... after all you are a Police OfficerPosted Image

Or you could step in to the brat and knock him on his kester then SAY O IM SORRY IT'S HARD TO SEE IN THIS HELMET AS YOU LOL TO YOUR SELF

Sorry I hate unruly kids

it the parents fault !

Man if I did something like that as a kid

My dad would have made lord VADER look like a kitten

I had to do something like that on a date but it was her giant dog

He keep jumping on me putting his paws on my shoulders (giant dog) so I kneed him in the chest ( while she was not looking )

He left me alone all night hehehe :) Did not go out with her again

Well i didnt want to take the experience away from the other kids that were around i did put my finger in his face and shook it side to side to signal to stop for it was loud and he didnt hear me the frist time. say NO!

"Or you could step in to the brat and knock him on his kester then SAY O IM SORRY IT'S HARD TO SEE IN THIS HELMET AS YOU LOL TO YOUR SELF"

LOL ill keep that in mind if it ever happens again.

And i will never go out again by myself thats for sure, i wasn't worried about getting hurt i just didnt want him to damage my armor, and if he did i for sure would have been all over the parents to cover the cost.

it did shock me that the parents would allow that behavior.

like wise Ed, my pops would have grabbed me my the neck and smacked my butt purple. if i did something like that as a kid.

Yea, you have to grab the first offender's arm and say loudly and sternly-"Do not hit/kick me or I will hit back." This generally send a message to him and his friends, that unruly behavior is not tolerated.

The worse are stupid teenagers and/or adults that act like children. You have to watch your partner's back, like the real world, do interference/blocker ;) That's when you really play in character of a Sandtrooper.

It is unfortunate, but a necessity for our safety, that you may have to act like a bodyguard and man handle individuals. From experience, having a handler that know how to deal with crowds is a must. I had an unqualified handler, and subsequently an individual walked up punched my helmet. My helmet twisted around, while the guy ran off laughing. And my handler stood their like an idiot. If it weren't for the children I was posing pictures with, things would have been very different for laughing boy- 19-20 year old. I went and took a break right after to cool off.

Yea, you have to grab the first offender's arm and say loudly and sternly-"Do not hit/kick me or I will hit back." This generally send a message to him and his friends, that unruly behavior is not tolerated.

The worse are stupid teenagers and/or adults that act like children. You have to watch your partner's back, like the real world, do interference/blocker ;) That's when you really play in character of a Sandtrooper.

It is unfortunate, but a necessity for our safety, that you may have to act like a bodyguard and man handle individuals. From experience, having a handler that know how to deal with crowds is a must. I had an unqualified handler, and subsequently an individual walked up punched my hamlet. My helmet twisted around, while the guy ran off laughing. And my handler stood their like an idiot. If it weren't for the children I was posing pictures with, things would have been very different for laughing boy- 19-20 year old. I went and took a break right after to cool off.

That sucks bro, im a pretty calm and collective person butt im not sure how i would respond to being hit in the head while in my armor i think i might snap lol ( kids are one thing but getting hit by an adult, i dont think so) Thats one of the reasons i dont do ballgame events and bunch of drunk A-holes around. glad your alright tho man.

In these very litigous times I would advise against manhandling children or threatening violence. Making any kind of physical contact and/or behaving threateningly even in apparent retaliation can get you into some serious trouble with the law for assault and will be sure to get you sued. And the last thing anyone here wants is a headline in the news like "Stormtrooper assaults minor".

I would suggest that if this happens that you first remove your helmet and then very loudly and clearly and without swearing or adding insults say "STOP!". If the aggravation continues repeat and add something like "STOP! OR I WILL CALL THE POLICE". This is surely likely to attract the attention of the parents to whom you MUST explain very calmly what happened and that their children are not welcome to interact with you. Avoid confrontation with the parents. If they protest you should then simply walk away and remove yourself from the scene and continue your troop elsewhere. If the same children reappear you should immediately remove your helmet once again to identify yourself and repeat to the adults that their children are not welcome. If there are no adults apparent, the removal of the helmet may suffice to intimidate else a simple instruction like "GO AWAY!" will usually work.

Just my $0.02 worth.

I got wacked so hard in the helmet with a lightsaber the other day that it rattled dust and sand into my face!

The parents were mortified that their kid did that. I guess she saw me as a bad guy and next thing I know...BAM!

I did a troop event in a big shopping center, about 5 years ago.

A kid at age around 8 kick me hard from behind, i run after him quickly.

He hide behind he´s dad, i told he´s dad what he had done, and i hope he would control he´s kid a little bit better in the future :angry:

There are stupid people world wide, in all ages.

Just keep on trooping bro :)

Even though I've only wrangled 3 events, and that was back in"O7, I've never seen this, but it does not surprise me. Kids are truly "out of CONTROL" these days and that rests with Mom and Dad. Un-fortunately, if you hit a kid, your probably going to loose. My advice is to warn away, then, doff your bucket, confront Mom and Dad, call the cops, AND PRESS IT!

Wrangleres NEED TO BE ON THEIR GAME and not 'checkin' out the eye candy". You need to be tactical. For the Adult PUNK-*** low-lifes/and truly agressive situations...I recommend

CAPSTUN, its legal in most States, and you have a right to protect yourself. At least 2 Troopers should have DEW BACK PRODS, and know how to Parry and Block. WATCH EACH OTHER. Situations go bad in a heart-beat..learned that for real more than once.

Recruit TD Vito :td:

Just ask the kid(s) if he/she ever saw Episode IV. Tell them it would be unfortunate if his family shared the same fate as Luke's Aunt and Uncle.

We TDs are known to take care of business.

KIDDING! lol Posted Image

(or am I?) muahahaha

Next time, we'll make sure to go out as a patrol, Brother! Strength in numbers against the little Bantha Poo Doos. Posted Image

Just ask the kid(s) if he/she ever saw Episode IV. Tell them it would be unfortunate if his family shared the same fate as Luke's Aunt and Uncle.

We TDs are known to take care of business.

KIDDING! lol Posted Image

(or am I?) muahahaha

Next time, we'll make sure to go out as a patrol, Brother! Strength in numbers against the little Bantha Poo Doos. Posted Image

Perhaps the children would enjoy meeting another "droid" besides R2D2..."kids...this is the Imperial torture droid...would anyone like to volunteer...or should we just pick some one???"...Like maybe Mom????

All kidding aside, I think the concept of having "Qualified and Designated"Wranglers/handlers THAT ARE CLEARLY IDENTIFIED (Shirt that SAYS EVENT SECURITY)should be explored, and duties and responsibilities clearly defined. A pre-Troop "SITREP" and route RCON is not a bad idea, try to rcognize potential PERPS and other trouble makers is the first step in avoiding un-wanted confrontations. All too often, we can get caught up in the feel good vibe, and have a false sense of security when we are inside our Armor, and the very limited field of vision contributes to the situation of "never saw it coming".. We need to maintain "situational awareness, and have WELL QUALIFIED WRANGLERS and handlers with a clear SOP for handling confrontations. always try to de-escaltte a situation, but at the same time, it needs to be emphasized that abuse, most ceartainly that of a phisical nature will not be tolerated. Aside from the fact that we live in a virtuallu consequence free society when it comes o unruly behaviour, all OFFICERS need to make it clear that while we are here for your ententainment, we do have standards of behaviour that we require from you. And while his may all be fantasy, the reality of un-wanted injury, and erroneous public perception looms large. We all need to embrace the concept of "decide early enough to be AGGRESIVE enough" in dealing with holligans who feel its alright to abuse us. And if that takes getting the POLICE involved, then so be it. If we just 'grin and bear it'..then we are subsidizing and condoning un-accepatable behaviours.

RECRUIT TD Vito :td:

We had this happen a couple of years ago, and had the same thing start to happen. We had a good handler though, and when one of them went to slap one of us on the back, she warped him on the back of the head. This got his attention, and then we wont say what she told him. LOL Needless to say, they got the point and moved along rapidly. LOL

I do think the T shirt idea is neet though. I think they should come out with some kind of Security handler shirt.

We had this happen a couple of years ago, and had the same thing start to happen. We had a good handler though, and when one of them went to slap one of us on the back, she warped him on the back of the head. This got his attention, and then we wont say what she told him. LOL Needless to say, they got the point and moved along rapidly. LOL

I do think the T shirt idea is neet though. I think they should come out with some kind of Security handler shirt.

Thanks Jay,

How about something along this line: BLACK SHIRT

Front: MEPD Bold white letters centered over an IMPERIAL COG WHEEL: 'SECURITY' Centered under COG WHEEL

BACK: BOLD WHITE LETTERS: TROOP SECURITY

Thoughts???

RECRUIT TD Vito :td:

Shouldn't say MEPD. i have never been on a troop where only TDs were present. In fact most troops i am the only TD. Imho 501:st is better or something more general. The guy that takes most beatings when i am trooping is our Vader.

I have had to push people relly hard with both hands and weapon to get them off of Vader and preventing them from hitting him and stuff.

I was at a troop on a school, (first and absolute LAST time i ever do that) while i was there i got hit several times despite telling the kids to back off. At one point a boy about 9-10 years old kicked my cod piece sp hard that the flexible ABS cracked at several places (small cracks). I couldn't see the extent of the damage at the time but i yelled "hey you bleep, is your mother and father very rich??? Because it is their sorry behinds who has to pay for a new suit you bleeping bleep." Thats not the only time Kids behave like they totally lack parenting and it actually IS a problem.

Sorry for ranting, got a bit irritated whem i thought about it :D