*ACTIVATED* TD-7435 / SANDFLEA / SWAT OFFICER # 010

SandFlea

yes, it is version 3 off DBS.com

I usually try to leave the comments relating to packs to the others on the board but Ive been nudged to give my feedback on them. Its hard though because I build them so when analyzing I look for all the things ive had to modify myself to become more accurate. packs are no easy task thats for sure and can take longer to build than a full suit of armor.

anyway, the pack looks great but does have some variations to what is seen on screen.

Ok I see it now. Going to make the mods to it as soon as I can get some more parts. Jaun if you see anything else let me know too. Rick thanks for the help. As far as I'm concerned this is SWAT and the suggested mods are a must. The pack has to look right and now that I know what one it is I'll get it done.

Darren

Thats a great attitude man....it's all about raising the bar and getting as close as absolutely possible. Each new submission for swat will provide new measurables for us to achieve. The reference pics will continue to be looked at closer and closer

Yeah!

Thx for the help on reviewing the pack Rick. You are way more into packs than I am. I am more into weathering, armor mods and pouches... so any help here is more than welcome.

And THX for the Great attitude Darren. As Rick said, with each SWAT submission, we get things more clear as pictures and references are studied more in depth...

As far as I see it, mods will be right or wrong only if you can prove it on a reference. So...

BTW, I have seen ANH in Blu-Ray and now I am positive that the mortar tube has no top cap in this particular scene. The silverish thing I saw, is now proven to be something in the background that looks like part of the pack in low-res shots, but is clearly not part of it as seen on the HI-Res images on Blu-Ray.

Have no possibility to get screen grabs from my player, but maybe someone can take one and post it for further reference.

:D

Hope to see you deployed soon.

Saludos

Juan

• 5 weeks later...

Corrections/rebuilt pack version #3 for SWAT. This is after the rebuild and I left the OG pics in tread for comparison.Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I rmeoved replaced the top bottle and filter to more accurate stuff. rmoved top end cap on motor tube to comply with on screen version. moved the tool box up in order to be more in line with screen version as well. let me know what you think Rick, Juan and the rest. Hope this works this time.

My issue is always finding time. Building takes enough looking for stuff just makes it impossible. Without your help and the other guys on here there is no way I could ever find time to make this work. Again I know you can't make all happy when selling stuff. Just remember what you do helps out even if some get upset from time to time with what you send them. Just keep on and know their are guys like me out there who need and rely on those who sell items on the boards. Wouldn't be here without you guys.

Many thanks

Darren

Hey Bro!!!

Looking really good!!

I can see all the mods and upgrades to the pack and it really looks great! It does make a difference.

I will be reviewing your whole application today and will post any feedback or go ahead with the process and deploy you.

I do want to take more than a moment to check everything is done and... thats it.

So, please, give me one more day (another one) and I will be over this ASAP!!

Thx and congrats! Your TD is already looking awesome!

Saludos

• 2 weeks later...

looking awesome bro! listen to the guys,and study those screen caps dude! ..... i am addicted to looking for details on "freeze frame",and every time i look,something else pops up which i never saw before! i'm going off dvd,so,i'd love the blu-ray! just like these brothers do! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Darren, not sure how I missed all of this, although I haven't been on as much as I would like lately.

I see you had some problems with the pack for SWAT and I wanted to apologize for that. I wish you had brought it to my attention so I could have made the pack right for you. I take it personally when somethings not right and it is my responsibilty to make it right.

The pack looks great and thanks go out to Rick for stepping up.

Should be an easy pass now. Good luck! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

No worries there at all. I truely love the pack you made and all it's features. While it wasn't screen accurate for SWAT level, it is truely a superior pack to troop with. The reason it took me as long as it did was the debate of do I change your work or build another. As it sits I made another pack but ended up doing mods to your pack just for this build. Many thanks for this but I still recommend your packs first and foremost as the best pack with superior trooping durability factors. As it stands I still own 3 of your packs which I haven't moded.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there Darren...

How are you my friend.

I am really sorry that it has taken me such a looooooong time to come back.

Work has been crazy this last month or so, and even if I do come here everyday, never for more than a couple of minutes each time.

Ane evaluating SWAT is not a job I want to do in a rush.

So, for any inconveniences I apologize.

EVerything looks in place. Everything looks awesome. The mods made to the pack does make a difference.

And everything else looks 1976 TD... even if we don't have much reference material to your specific version, I think you are almost ready.

And almost means there is something I need to ask you and that is now going around my very obsessive mind:

I see you have posted a picture of the correct white pauldron, puffy style and with the rivets on both flaps. But somehow, it looks like you are using another pauldron on all your pictures. Not puffy and with no rivets. Maybe the pictures were taken before you made the pauldron update or something. Or maybe it is just a weird photo effect.

Either way, I need to ask you to post a picture of you, wearing or at least showing the correct pauldron. Don't need to be on armor, but that would be awesome if you could do it. Just you and your pauldron, or even your armor on the floor and your pauldron.

I don't want this to look the wrong way bro, I just want to keep our standards as high as they have been for every other SWAT request.

Everything else I see has been taken care of and you are up to standard. Just this little detail.

Is that cool bro?

Thx for understanding and once more I apologize.

Saludos

Juan...

PS. I will be away on vacation for a week or so, but will ask the rest Command Staff to follow this so even if I am away, you can get deployed as soon as this is solved. :)

-----------------------

Update.

Was not able to sleep cause I kept thinking on how I did not noticed that pauldron thing before and came back to discovered that I was mistaken. You have posted the picture of you weating your updated apuldron with all the needed rivets and stuff.

My mistake bro...

It is a bit late and I am on my ipad, but I will try and get you deployed ASAP or at least arrange so that you can get deployed asap.

Feels weird saying this and not actually doing it, just wanted to let you know I have seen youve got the right pauldron and everything looks fine now.

Thx a lot and sorry...

Saludos. Juan

I did repost the pic with the correct pauldron. I thi nk the issue here is I have more than one puffy pauldrons. Here are a few pics to prove the puffy paulderons. One is has more dirt than the other. Never could decide which one looked better. They are both Trooper1 type pauldrons. As requested here are pics. Hope to be SWAT this year....Heck of an XMAS Present.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good catch, Juan... and good catch on your catch not needing to be caught! :D

I will echo what Juan said in that we (the Command Staff) are so grateful for the patience you guys have in being deployed! This is a much bigger process than most realize and there is a lot of discussion done "in private" among the CS for just about every one of you. It's not because we want to make it hard for the sake of being hard, but because we are striving to keep it fair, balanced, and — most of all — keep the standards high! I know you'll all agree that Juan does an EXCEPTIONAL job at this "on his own"... I just wanted to reiterate that he is never, truly, "on his own." We're always here too. B)

And you're doing, and looking, great Sand Flea!!! Thanks again for the patience and willingness to adhere to all our requests! :salute:

Man, THX for understanding and for playing along!

This is a tuff job (evaluating and deploying SWAT TDs) and sometimes it feels a bit overwhelming... but, anyway, is not as difficult as it is to actually build the armor and gear up to standards and keep upgrading and making modifications just to be one mm or one little hole closer to what we saw on screen 34 years ago.

You have done a great job. It is really cool to see how all the hard work put by troopers on their armor, with all the great input and help from the members of this board really pays off. And your hard work and commitment has definitely payed off. You have an awesome TD there!

So... Merry Xmas for you bro!! Congratulations, you are now officially deployed as a MEPD SWAT Team officer!

This is your link...

And pls, send me and Bluey the action picture (as a bad *ss SWAT TD) you want for you profile!

Now go back to check on those suspicious space pirates and far boys at the cantina. ;)

Saludos!

Juan

• 2 months later...

Having a blast being SWAT. For anybody thinking of joining the SWAT program, it's hard but the pride at least for me to say "I'M SWAT ON MEPD!" was worth it. Just an awesome challenge and thanks to the command staff for all the work on this program.