*ACTIVATED* TD-7435 / SANDFLEA / SWAT OFFICER # 010

SandFlea

Name: Darren Haverstock

Legion ID #: TD-7435

Forum Name: SandFlea

Garrison: Star

Trooper Emulated: Sergeant Cantina version

Member must currently be deployed as an MEPD Police Officer to be considered. - yes

Weathering must be appropriate to screen used armor. Too little or too much weathering will not be allowed. - yes

Pack, pauldron, and weapon combinations must match a specific trooper a seen on screen. – yes

Here is my TM armor build with Quartermaster's Sgt Pack. I respectfully submit for deployment as SWAT with some minor modes and major redo of weathering.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Removed the black teeth mesh too

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just moving through the Cantina

Posted Image

Well I fixed the format looks like better. I hope I got it right this time. Thanks for the comments so far. The rivets are gone from the knee plate as suggested by Juan. Lighten up weathering as requested by Bluey. Props to Rolf for the advice.

Sandflea

Hey mate...

I would like to see the thigh armor pieces...if it possible.

....and with the rivets on the sniper plate, i don't think that it is permissible-

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd450/dhaverstock/3d0d89c5.jpg

Edit: Oooh, the rivets are gone on the sniper plate... :P

This pic i would gladly like to see...if it's ok

The details are good so far mate :duim: ...a good Sergeant suit with good details

love the TM armor man...good luck

Don't you know it! Paul makes some awesome stuff. Mine is 1mm kit too. super thin and light yet very durable. although I had to do some crack repairs from the running stunt I pulled at TXCC. LOL

Very nice! A couple of things would like to see, would be some close ups of the 34, of the Pauldron, for the puffy sections, and rivet locations. Then a recommendation. Trim the belt, ammo belt down a bit on top and bottom. Take just a little off the top, and bottom. Just some minor details will go a long way! B)

Very nice! A couple of things would like to see, would be some close ups of the 34, of the Pauldron, for the puffy sections, and rivet locations. Then a recommendation. Trim the belt, ammo belt down a bit on top and bottom. Take just a little off the top, and bottom. Just some minor details will go a long way! B)

Added your pauldron to the mix along with close up of the pouches. super nice work there my brother. (forgot to take picture of it close up) Just so I'm clear on the cut trim the top and bottom so it's inline with the canvas belt?

Hey Bro... Looking good al around.

I will need to check my references since this version I am not too familiar with.

But check what others have already said and compare with references to make the proper updates!

I will be checking in depth your application very soon... but atm I am very busy with work and real life. Just wanted to let you know I am over this but want to give some good time to review your stuff before I post a complete review, and that may take a couple of days...

Thx for undestanding.

If you have any question, let me know via PM.

:)

Saludos

Juan

Great, being this trooper is seen for all of a second and only seen from the chest up, well, did a lot of guessing here. There was some talk with the guys in my squad as to what armor this was in the movie. Any suggestions to point me in the right direction would be great help. Having the weathering match up was my biggest issue so far. I look forward to your advice Juan after all it was your encouragement that lead me to mod my armor to even get to the app state. Thanks again brother for the program.

Darren

Hey Darren,

Sorry for the delay bro.

I am going through a very busy time at work. Very busy is an understatement... but here I am, trying to catch up with my MEPD duties.

Evaluating this specific trooper has proven to be more difficult that I have faced with SWAT program before. Appearing only for a second on screen, and without enough info to match the armor to another one in other scene makes it more difficult. But I will do my best, as I know you have and are willing too.

:D

I have made some new screen grabs (in low-def) to better catch some of the looks of this trooper... and also used some of the HD captures from look sir droids site...

Also, used a lot my own knowledge and common sense and have find these things I would like to bring to discussion and maybe ask you to do the proper mods if you agree with them:

1. Backpack...

For what I can see, it is mostly done. There are 2 things I will ask you out of references. First, I think you will need to take off the higher white cap on the mortar tube. Check the reference. I think there is no cap on it. Further more, it looks like the part showing is metal color. Maybe silver or just gray. This might mean that the whole tube is metal and not plastic as we have assumed.

post-1761-0-38042700-1317068808_thumb.pn

post-1761-0-07179100-1317068826_thumb.pn

post-1761-0-27511000-1317068838_thumb.pn

What do you all think?

Second on the pack: Looks like the tool box is positioned a bit higher than yours. This you can see on the follwoing reference:

post-1761-0-51900700-1317068999_thumb.jp

And finally on the pack.. Out of common knowledge and not from references: The radio.

Although this looks right for deployment, it does need a bit more detailing for SWAT. For starters, I think the box is not really accurate. The box should be more plain and with no handle around it. (is that detail kindof a handle right?)

Also, the faceplate could use more detailing and layering on the details.

You could achieve this simply by cutting and fixing the various layers of details around the knobs and speaker, or you could change the whole faceplate or radio for good. There are good and affordable kits now from different makers.

2. The belt and knee belt.

Based on how other TDs look, I think you should trim the edges on top and bottom of both belts to have less plastic left around the squares... meaning, cut it closer, almost on the edge of the "squares".

post-1761-0-59936200-1317069875_thumb.jp

The weathering looks fine I think, based on what we can see on screen. But I would like to ask to the SWAT team members to comment on this issue.

Also, would like to ask Dirty Boy for his assistance evaluating the pack regarding positioning and proportion of its different components...

Other than that, it seems you are in the right track and very very close to mark!

I would like to mention that I like what you did with your left shoulder bell matching the one seen on screen. At first I thougt it was a mistake, but after checking my references I can see where it comes from:

post-1761-0-83459000-1317070121_thumb.pn

post-1761-0-45759300-1317070128_thumb.pn

Let me know what you think bro!

Great TD already... looking forward to hear your opinion and to see your armor finished and ready for SWAT deployment.

If you need any thing else... let me know.

Saludo

Juan,

I changed out the radio box with one from Sean's move along packs I had. So the radio is changed out and the tool box with parts from dirty boys' move along pack. Moving it up in the process. I can't tell by the movie on the motor tube. There isn't a end cap on there from what I can see, but I can't really see what it is either. Trim is done on the belt and knee Belts. Going to swap the tool box with a more accurate one too. Will post pics when I have them done.

Going to ask dirty boy for some replacement parts due to the fact I canabilized his move along pack for parts on the Sgt pack. Guys need help on this motor tube. I don't see the silver but it doesn't have an end cap for sure. Let me know and I'll make the change to it.

Darren

Yeah, I am not sure about it being silver or metal either. Just looks like there is no mortar cap there, but there is something light colored.

I would settle with no cap, no need for silver or metal stuff there... Unless someone can find a better reference.

What does evryone thinks?

:)

Saludos

Here are the mods to the pack so far. I have changed out both the tool box (mounting it higher as referenced in the movie shots) and replaced the radio box too. The only thing I have not done is to remove the end cap pending our final census on that issue. Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lastly I am including the cuts to the Knee and Utility belts

Posted Image

Let me know what more I need to do to the pack. thanks Dirty Boy and Juan

Darren

Ok....pack...if one were to be really critical on it, they would suggest the filter be smaller in length as well as the center bottle and the box on the right is actually not one of the "stow and go" style containers.....it has a specific shape. The mortar tube will require a different center piece to hold the disc on.....not 100% sure on how that will affect SWAT. Pack is perfect for Police officer status...just needs some minor mods for SWAT...IMHO

What pack is that trooper wearing? I'm not sure I know what mod to do to it to make it right. I did what juan suggested with moving the box up and swap out of the radio. Need some reference to make the mods at this point.

Darren