Posting Recognition.....How do you guys feel about it?

DirtyBoy

Ok, so this topic seems to keep resurfacing on the command staff boards. How does everyone here feel about having an award/banner/icon representing each 1000 post mark? is it something that would inspire you to be here more often or just not a big deal?

This is an open conversation and I would really like some feedback on it...For the Empire :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XO, even though I'm just a recruit( and lower than Dew-Back *HIT), recognition is always important keeps the TROOPS motivated. :duim:

RECRUIT VITO :td:

Great thing about the MEPD Vito is that we are all equal here....5 posts or 5000 your words are just as important :)

Great thing about the MEPD Vito is that we are all equal here....5 posts or 5000 your words are just as important :)

but I agree, I think it keeps the motivation going....maybe it should be a "STAR" type of recognition.

I personally don't care much about post count. Quality and content of posts are more important to me than quantity.

I've seen other boards use rep points which are given by your peers. I think thats a better approach than post count, but thats just me :)

I'm with Terry. The post count is an automated generator even if you say "Hi"

But don't get me wrong because even if one says "Hi" it's because he/she takes the time to stay on the site

and make it as one of his everyday social networks. I least for me the MEPD is as engaging as FB and better because

I "feel part" of a real brotherhood in every given way.

However recognition is always rewarding and moves the human spirit forward.

Besides achieving and being recognized as: member, sandtrooper, police officer or SWAT

Recognition could come by the obvious way as post count and more important to me as the quality of support, aid or making the

MEPD a human off world better experience.

Posted Image

I personally don't care much about post count. Quality and content of posts are more important to me than quantity.

I've seen other boards use rep points which are given by your peers. I think thats a better approach than post count, but thats just me :)

:duim: agree

SPOT ON :duim:

RECRUIT VITO :td:

I'm not one for post counts either. Some of us can't be here (or on other forums for that matter) as much as we'd like due to real-life issues. That doesn't mean our enthusiasm and affinity for our sandy brothers is any less than those with higher post counts. Rep points is the better option especially for contributive posters.

I'm not one for post counts either. Some of us can't be here (or on other forums for that matter) as much as we'd like due to real-life issues. That doesn't mean our enthusiasm and affinity for our sandy brothers is any less than those with higher post counts. Rep points is the better option especially for contributive posters.

thats very true Brian.....real life always seems to take hold of us.

this should be in no way looked at like anyone is less of a contributor or anything like that. just an idea to give troopers that hit the 100 mark a say white star....then 500 a red star and then 1000 blue then 5000 black.

im not sure if it can be done automatically and if it cant then this is basically not going to work anyway...lol

i agree with you too terry , but i will happily go with the majority on this :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...