Oath of Duty?

TD2802

Just a suggestion but keeping in character with our 'elite' status, wouldn't it be neato to have an oath of duty or loyalty on the homepage, or somewhere prominent on the boards? Maybe when someone's applying for deployment they could check a box signifying their adherence to the oath. Again purely to stay in character once all the deployment requirements are met. Something along the lines of sworn to defending the empire, loyal to DV, elimination of jedi traitors, etc... Open the boards for possible submissions.

Thoughts? Too cornball?

Just a suggestion but keeping in character with our 'elite' status, wouldn't it be neato to have an oath of duty or loyalty on the homepage, or somewhere prominent on the boards? Maybe when someone's applying for deployment they could check a box signifying their adherence to the oath. Again purely to stay in character once all the deployment requirements are met. Something along the lines of sworn to defending the empire, loyal to DV, elimination of jedi traitors, etc... Open the boards for possible submissions.

Thoughts? Too cornball?

Well my young trooper,

You proposed it, you do it! Write up the "sandtrooper's code of imperial allegiance" for us to vote on and we'll see how far it goes.

Guns

Great! Looks like I got some brainstorming to do. If anyone wants to throw some ideas my way for possible inclusion, feel free to PM me Once some roughs are written up, I could then submit to MEPD officer corps for them to pick one for their seal of approval.

Sound like a plan?

Ok here's what I got so far. I dispensed with a brash gung-** approach in favor of a more bureacratic draconian one. After all we are the empire

I solemnly swear unwavering allegiance to Lord Vader, his majesty the Emperor and to uphold the laws of the Empire to the best of my ability. As a deployed member of the MEPD, I am dutybound to faithfully execute the orders of my superiors in maintaining Imperial law and order in the towns, cantinas, moisture farms, desert wastes and wherever suppression of indigenous or off-world lifeforms are necessary.

I will be ever-vigilant in my hunt and apprehension of rebels and their jedi traitor sycophants. Should they resist or obstruct detention or interrogation, I am empowered to carry out their immediate termination unless otherwise instructed. I am further empowered to confiscate any droids suspected of carrying any contraband data or holocrons predjudicial to the interests of the Empire. On patrol I will endeavor to collect as much local intelligence pursuant to the discovery, arrest and/or liquidation of any rebels and their sympathizers.

I will treat the local inhabitants with the courtesy deserving of a non-hostile cooperative citizenry but reserve the right to enact punitive measures when crimes of lawlessness or treason are committed.

I respect my fellow troopers and will not do anything to undermine or jeapordize their welfare through dereliction of duty, insubordination or cowardice.

I acknowledge MEPD membership as an earned privelege within the ranks of the 501st Legion and therefore am held to a higher code of conduct and honor in assuming the duties and responsibilities of deployment.

Pls post your critiques and suggestions. I'm all ears!

Boy, that is gonna be difficult to remember to recite.

No worries! It wasn't meant for memorization but just something I thought would be cool when someone's ready to deploy; plus kinda defines who we are in the SW scheme of things.

Still waiting for the board admin to weigh in, at least as far as a timeframe for others to submit their drafts (if any). Maybe by the end of the month if its not pushing it, for people's suggestions and putting it up to a vote?

Boy, that is gonna be difficult to remember to recite.

No worries! It wasn't meant for memorization but just something I thought would be cool when someone's ready to deploy; plus kinda defines who we are in the SW scheme of things.

Still waiting for the board admin to weigh in, at least as far as a timeframe for others to submit their drafts (if any). Maybe by the end of the month if its not pushing it, for people's suggestions and putting it up to a vote?

We are Elite, we are soldiers, we are sandtroopers, we are MEPD, we memorize our new mantra

All kidding aside, I love it, TD2802.

Glad you like it Rob. I hope by doing this we add some substance and character depth to the form here. That way prospective members will see more than just another costuming board but an attitude to go with it. Something that defines us by saying 'Don't mess with us because we're MEPD!'

The end of the month sounds good to me. I'll post a poll in the 501st only section. (if you don't have access to that, please pm me w/ your TKID, and I'll get you in) Then we'll figure out were it will go. I'm thinking about making it a page on the MEPD.net site.

• 11 months later...

Wow! One year anniversary of this post coming up

It was up until we did the last update, it exists still but its not public for some reason. Someone just has to turn the page back on. This has been addressed in the staff section, but there are other things on the list that need done too. With a limited staff all of whom have limited time we have to prioritize and right now deployments and some board maintenence are the top priorities. Not ragging on you bro, just wanted to let everyone know it hasn't been forgotten.