• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hay just a storm report

Finished pack at 5 am

drove wife's car in to the storage unit I rented at 7

Heavy rain

strong winds but not as strong ( thank god ) as forecasted so far but the dangerous part of the storm is not here yet ( around 6pm )

At a hotel with a good view

We have not lost power yet But over 205 k people are with out power in this region of Virginia

Have the A/C cranked freezing in here but if we loss power it will take longer to get hot in here

Will keep you posted

Hope our UK Brother is ok on his flight to N.C

Glad you are safe now...and will pray your stuff will be safe!

Diana (ShortTRooper )

Keep safe

Prepare

Gas cash

If you have solar powered lights in your yard they make great light source if you loose power

And they last a long time I have 3 in my truck and 1 in my hotel room mine you can turn the light on and off plus they will come on when it gets dark if you leave

It on

I'm in Orange County, NY which is about an hour north of NYC and we are supposed to get smacked pretty hard.

They evacuated all of lower Manhattan today and basically shut down the entire city.

I work for Verizon and last week I was out on strike. We went back to work this week (thank god!) and of course it's just in time for this baby to arrive.

Wouldn't you know it, my rotation for Emergency Call out duty came up this week as well, which means that starting yesterday at midnight, I am the guy on call for any and all equipment, power or high tech emergencies that come up. Basically that means that when the cell phone rings, I have to go in and try to keep things running in my area. That phone is gonna start ringing soon and then it's game on. Wish me luck.

Thanks Diana....I think we are pretty set. My biggest fear at this point is the "dirty boy" shop flooding....ive got about 10 packs in production....not to mention all the supplies. I'll have to take a walk down to the beach and get some pics

Good luck John!!!!

It 2:30 am Irene is still hanging around Wind blowing 20 - 30 and still raining but from the other direction

Great news my neighbor txted me at. 11:30 he said everything looks fine and we have power !!!

Will have to see if we can got to the outer banks of N.C for our vacation hope the house we rented is still standing

WE GOT SOOO LUCKY !!!!!!

We never got hit with full sustained hurricane winds

If we had we would have been wiped out

Thanks

Short trooper. I think we may have to change your handle to PRAYER WARRIOR

It 2:30 am Irene is still hanging around Wind blowing 20 - 30 and still raining but from the other direction

Great news my neighbor txted me at. 11:30 he said everything looks fine and we have power !!!

Will have to see if we can got to the outer banks of N.C for our vacation hope the house we rented is still standing

WE GOT SOOO LUCKY !!!!!!

Thanks

Thats great news Ed....its 5:30 here and the winds are picking up....we will see. Couple of areas are out of power but this isnt much to speak of yet

I know this is old news, but I just HAD to post it:  ‎** THIS JUST IN ** As Hurricane Irene prepares to batter the East Coast, federal disaster officials have warned that Internet outages could force people to interact with other people for the first time in years. Residents are bracing themselves for the horror of awkward silences and unwanted eye contact. FEMA has advised: “Be prepared. Write down possible topics to talk about in advance. Sports...the weather. *Remember, a conversation is basically a series of Facebook updates strung together

WE GOT SOOO LUCKY !!!!!!

Thanks

Thank you Iron Ram....PRAYER CHANGES THINGS when you ask God for help and have faith He will answer! Glad to hear all is well and every one here is ok! I do have it written inside my Sandy armor about putting on the full armor of God when you pray!

Good to hear Dirty Boy you didn't get hit bad and no flooding of your workshop! :)

Diana (ShortTRooper)