A New Radio Source by TK4510

Quartermaster

I will be posting the entire radio build in my new Pack build tutorial soon, but I wanted to share this with you guys now to get some exposure out there for my good friend Mike, AKA TK4510.

I had asked Mike awhile back if he would be interested in making a new radio face plate to go along with his other new pack parts he has recently made available. He gladly took on the project and I have to say, he really did a fantastic job. My one stipulation was to make the plate fit a standard 8" x 6" x 3" Black electronics project box. That size is about 1/2" smaller than the new Onyx cast Crashmann Zenix plate, so the size difference is minimal. The upside is that you no longer have to custom build a box for the faceplate.

Mike was kind enough to send me some prototypes to try out and I am just about finished with the first one. I really think that for a vac formed faceplate, the detail he was able to get out of this is awesome. This is just one more option out there that is very user friendly and available at an affordable price.

Way to go Mike!

Here are some pictures. The large dial is supplied by Dana, AKA Voodoo. The small knobs are made by me.

More will be posted in my build thread at a later date.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image