Hyperfirm T21, What do I use for Ribbed piece?

• 7 months later...

So I wasted $10 on some corrugated tubing only to realize I can't fit it over the front area... lol

Anyone have any suggestions?

you can cut it and make the corrugated work but the rubber tubing is more accurate. might be a little tricky to attach to the hyperfirm though since it will require a 1/2 deep hole

• 2 weeks later...

You can use an Echo leaf blower rubber tube (even on the HyperFirm)

it's a PITA to get over the barrel, but looks great.

Blastmaster did his and I have the parts but haven't done it yet. I still have the corrugated tubing on mine

apparently, you really have to boil the bellows to get it to stretch.

here's my parts:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

I have spent the past few nights adding the "14 ribs" to the barrel of my T21 blaster build. While I've seen some people use corrugated downspout drain extensions...I opted to go for what I think looks a little better (in my opinion). I used 1/4" x 14'-0" white vinyl weatherstripping used for doors in your home. I could only find it in white so I used some black Plasti-Dip and sprayed it black. The nice thing about Plasti-Dip is it's flexible. Once it dried, I wrapped the barrel the best I could while gluing it down with E6000. It's very much on there and shouldn't become unraveled. One thing i noticed was while applying the E6000 it made some of the Plasti-Dip rub off. No worries though...I'll paint over it with some black paint and I think i'll be fine. Here are some shots of it before I finish the final paint touch-ups on the "ribs".

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm aware that the ribs are not wrapped up perfectly but I think it adds "realism" to it. I also like the clumps of E6000 you can see between the ribs. It could be mistaken for "grime" that has gotten in the cracks due to patrolling in the Tatooine desert.

Here is a shot of the "ribs" after applying a few more coats of Plasti-Dip. I'm happy with the results. I can now say that I'm officially 100% finished with my T21. Started working on it last September. Can't wait to show it off @ future troops

Posted Image

• 3 months later...

You can use an Echo leaf blower rubber tube (even on the HyperFirm)

it's a PITA to get over the barrel, but looks great.

Blastmaster did his and I have the parts but haven't done it yet. I still have the corrugated tubing on mine

apparently, you really have to boil the bellows to get it to stretch.

here's my parts:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Has anyone tried this? It would be great to some how get the entire rubber tube into the correct postion without having to cut a slit. I'm afraid after gluing the slit back together it would look sloppy.