What do the titles mean

Daetrin

I've watched my title change as my post count increased every 25 posts, from Police Recruit to Police Lieutenant at 100 posts.

Now I see I'm a "MEPD Police Officer", which is the same as someone with ~50 posts.

Now, I really don't care what it says but I'm curious to know why - aside from the first 100 post progression - people have different titles, e.g. is there a title dictionary?

Sorry, I didn't get to post about this, as I just finished the list. The MEPD Police Officer title is for MEPD deployed troops. The website will be updated shortly, but in the meantime I thought I'd get everyone promoted in their avatar blocks. Non-deployed troops still have the regular rank progression.

• 2 years later...

Greetings y'all! :salute:

XO Paul started this thread more than 2yrs ago, and I can't locate a more current thread.

I would just like to request that the rank/title system be comfirmed here.

It's my understanding that avatar block rank/titles follow this progression:

1-24 posts: Police Recruit

25-49 posts: MEPD Police Officer

50-99posts: Police Lieutenant

100+ posts: Police Commander

Is that correct??

I understand that the promotions only apply those MEPD Deployed. However, once one becomes deployed, the post count is retained, right? (In other words, one doesn't start all over again.) I am asking in particular because, although I have had all Deployment requirements satisfied, I am not officially deployed yet due to technical difficulties in the deployment office. Meanwhile, trying to be more involved with the department, I have been posting more, so I'm curious whether or not I'm getting any "credit" with these posts.

Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

Hava a great holiday weekend.

Greetings y'all! :salute:

XO Paul started this thread more than 2yrs ago, and I can't locate a more current thread.

I would just like to request that the rank/title system be comfirmed here.

It's my understanding that avatar block rank/titles follow this progression:

1-24 posts: Police Recruit

25-49 posts: MEPD Police Officer

50-99posts: Police Lieutenant

100+ posts: Police Commander

Is that correct??

I understand that the promotions only apply those MEPD Deployed. However, once one becomes deployed, the post count is retained, right? (In other words, one doesn't start all over again.) I am asking in particular because, although I have had all Deployment requirements satisfied, I am not officially deployed yet due to technical difficulties in the deployment office. Meanwhile, trying to be more involved with the department, I have been posting more, so I'm curious whether or not I'm getting any "credit" with these posts.

Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

Hava a great holiday weekend.

The ranks and post count still apply for all members regardless of status (Actually 25-49 is just Police Officer) and won't be re-set to zero, but once you become deployed, your Group changes from Member, or 501st Member to MEPD Police Officer...

Here are the current ranks

0-49 : Police Recruit

50-99 : Police Sergeant

100-149 : Field Training Officer

150-199 : Police Lieutenant

200-249 : Police Officer

250+ : Police Commander

Post counts never get reset. When you're a deployed trooper your group icon (when we get icons) or group moves from (member | 501st member) to MEPD Police Officer. You're title should also go from being post-count based to simply being "MEPD Police Officer", but with the switchover I think that last part got missed.

I'll run a script in the next few days to correct that last piece.

Here are the current ranks

0-49 : Police Recruit

50-99 : Police Sergeant

100-149 : Field Training Officer

150-199 : Police Lieutenant

200-249 : Police Officer

250+ : Police Commander

Post counts never get reset. When you're a deployed trooper your group icon (when we get icons) or group moves from (member | 501st member) to MEPD Police Officer. You're title should also go from being post-count based to simply being "MEPD Police Officer", but with the switchover I think that last part got missed.

I'll run a script in the next few days to correct that last piece.

thank you for clearing that up for me..i always wondered what those ranks meant as my posts went up.

Short Trooper (Diana)

Oooh, so that's why I couldn't figure it out :0Lighten:

OK, so then after the correction script has been run, all Deployed Troopers's titles should read "MEPD Police Officer" unless they hold a position such as "Detachment Leader", right?

Script run - everyone should be updated now.

[scratching forehead once again.]

Hmmm, that's funny . . . when I refresh the thread page, I see that Seth's block reads "MEPD Police Officer", but Tony's still reads "Police Commander". :huh:

Which is correct. Forum moderators haven't really been set up yet. I'll talk to Mike about this.

wow, I must say command staff certainly has their plate full with all this (passport, deplayment, avatar titles, moderating etc) going on. My hat's off to y'all.