4th of July Parade Juneau, AK

spoox

This that turned out more awesome then I imagined. The weather forecast said 70% change of rain. Instead, it was dry most of the time and we even saw the sun every now and then! I even have a little sun burn from waiting around before the parade started :lol:

We did the entree with our generic local costume group called H.A.V.O.C. Heroes and Villains Of Costuming. Of Course I did attached my 501st banner on the side of our truck where I was walking.. so there ha ha.

We won the 1st price for "Most Humorous" because they didn't really know what category to place us in. We got a cool plaque and we're happy :)

Anyway here pics of me and the group I was with. ( gotta do what I can with so few legion members here in Alaska right? lol)

My hubby was Captain America btw :wub:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am sure more photos will show up soon but this is a start.. I am still recovering from being in costume for about 9 hours.

We actually did 2 parades. One in downtown Juneau and one on Douglas Island where we stayed out on the beach activities for a while and walked around a bit and posed for photos. We won 1st prize in their parade as well which was $100 :)

I think I must have walked about 6 miles and I had a huge blister that was bleeding in my boot lol. My suit was quite comfortable! no pinches except for my lower arms that could probably use a little trim perhaps.

Once I have more photos I will post those in here :)

Gross! but... it was worth it.