*ACTIVATED* TD-2921 / PHIL65 / SWAT OFFICER # 007

Phil65

ditch the "scope sight"and use the curly wire instead buddy! ,as the "scope sight" was not on the t-21 in 76'!(BOTH ARE ON THE PIC I POSTED OF MINE,BUT I REMOVED THE SCOPE SIGHT) it is a later interperatation,i believe, originally started by the ukg's steve hird for our very own ukg/mepd lady trooper ,rachael smith's t-21!.... if the old school mepd guys were on here,they'd have picked it up straight away!!!... i made that same mistake with mine phil! :( until, billy ,....(BILLHAG) "corrected me" ! ;0) .....the scope sight/mushroom sight NEVER EXISTED IN 76' (but looks cool though! :0)) check out the screen cap ,i posted just phil! ;)

Cheers Dave - will do! :D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One other question though re the curly flex wire...

Which side of the barrel should it be on? On yours Dave it's on the L/H but on closer inspection the screen cap shows it to be on the other side - or it certainly looks like that to me.

What do you think?

Posted Image

One other question though re the curly flex wire...

Which side of the barrel should it be on? On yours Dave it's on the L/H but on closer inspection the screen cap shows it to be on the other side - or it certainly looks like that to me.

What do you think?

Posted Image

billy suggested i mount mine as he did for andy's t-21,so i fitted it to the back (the left side) :) i personally wouldnt consider it to be a major issue if it is mounted at the front,as long as the length and shape are correct,but,i'm sure juan and the other guys will clarify this question mate! :) ....looking awesome buddy! :)B)B)

Looking good Phil like the weathering bud ;) its coming together nicely keep the pic's coming.

Sometimes you will feel like doing this Phil :6: but just keep going.

Hey Phil...

How are you bro...

About the wire...

Since there are not exact references on where the wire was fixed, as long as it looks similar to what we see on screen, it is good to go.

I personally think it looks like it comes from under the canon end and to the top's side. But again, with no reference, I can´t be sure.

About the plastic strips, I am afraid you will need to add them to your armor to get SWAT clearance. Good news is that once you get the strips, fixing that detail should be no problem.

:)

Saludos.

Phil just noticed as Juan said you will need the front strips good weathering mate ;) just noticed i think i need me eyes tested.

Couple of abs strips and your sorted.

Nearly there.....

Reattached curly flex wire to other side of gun barrel and removed forward sight.

Posted Image

Have got loads of abs to play with so will work on putting two strips on my thighs. Here's a pic of what they look like now so will post up one when I get the strips added.

Posted Image

Hey Phil!

How are you bro!

Some suggestions have already been said by fellow troopers:

5. You will only need one Spanish pouch since he doesnt wear any on the right hand hip.

6. You should also trim the plastic strip on the left thigh so that it ends before the edge rim detail near the knee.

Saludos

Juan

Hi Juan,

I just need a point of clarification please re the Spanish pouches. Above quotation states that the captain version I'm going for (Garinden)doesn't wear one on his right hip but quoted elsewhere on this board there's a diagram for SWAT requirements that says he wears one on each hip.

Here's the link...

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=7251

I guess it's a moot point seeing as how they're easily detachable but it'd be good to know which one is right (TBH - I always thought he wore two ;))

As for the thigh trims, I've measured and cut two strips of ABS so will be glueing them tonight and weathering tomorrow so should have the pics ready in the next day or so.

OOooohh! Can't wait - I can see light at the end of the docking bay now! :lol:

OK - thigh strips added & weathered. The ammo belt is missing from the photo as I'm exploring the possibility of trimming it to make it slightly narrower - however it looks like I may damage it if I do so am undecided at the moment. :unsure:

Posted Image

Now I've made all the necessary mods as suggested, I'm going to take and post a few more pics of me fully suited up which should hopefully show the full effect of the enhancements.

Right - I think I'm just about there...

The latest mod completed is that I've trimmed the knee ammo belt to make it narrower.

So, since first submission, the changes I've made (as well as the knee plate) have been to;

Add clover wire & flex wire detailing to T-21

Add circular detail to pauldron

ABS strips to front of thigh armour

One spanish pouch to left hip (though can wear two if needed - can anyone shed light on the question I asked earlier in this thread?)

Joker smile & skid marks to helmet

Remove mesh from behind frown

Latest pics....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry bro...

Got disconnected for a while from my MEPD duties and got lost among submissions, dates and other stuff since I was just able to come back for moments every once in a while. Now I have a bit more free time every now and then.

So I will come back later today or tomorrow tops and comment or whatever!

You are looking great anyway... there has been some research about this version, so, two spanish pouches were right, as you stated before. Sorry for the confusion. I was mistaken. But it wont be a big deal since you have already shown that you do have those.

Looking good!

Looking forward to have you SWAT deployed!

Sorry bro!

Saludos.

Ok bro...

As promised, I am finally here.

I am really sorry and want to apologize for neglecting your submission this last couple of weeks.

Real life sometimes gets in the way of the dirty arm of the empire!

;)

Sorry...

So...

Armor, gear and weapons look awesome.

I like a lot how you have modified the paint job of your helmet including the "skid marks" and the joker green. Not needed but for me it makes a better more accurate prop. And talks about commitment to accuracy!

Also, the updates and additions to your BFG is really cool.

All around, all your mods are great and in my opinion gives your armor an edge that makes the difference between a good armor and an excellent one! Great job.

I do have four more requests, and I hope you will agree with me.

1. The weathering does look ANH around the armor, but as said before, there are some very distinctive patterns on the chest plate that you might not be showing entirely. At least in pictures.

I have made a comparison picture showing what I am talking about so you can understand better what I mean. And also, so you can express your opinions regarding this very difficult issue. Weathering is the most difficult thing for me to evaluate.

Left is the TD you are trying to emulate. Center is this same trooper with a photoshop help to better understand how the main pattern is working. Right is you with some photoshop pointing out what I think you may be missing.

post-1761-0-48860800-1312580699_thumb.jp

2. I would like to see how you trimmed your knee ammo belt. From the front and sides. I know we cant see much of this specific trooper's knee, but would like to see if it does has the TD "trimming logic" on it.

3. What did you (and everyone) think about the two different colors of the enfield slings?

4. Finally, could you remove the elastic straps holding your chest to your back on the sides.

This is not something we saw on ANH, so... just remove them for the picts and thats it!

post-1761-0-20934200-1312581228_thumb.jp

Now... This is all what I think you are missing...

Whenever you think that all these issues are tacked, feel free to post new pictures (including one for your SWAT profile). Dont forget to ad the second spanish pouch... as said, I was wrong. He uses 2 of them.

Or if you want some assistance on the way, also feel free to come with questions or whatever you need :D

This is almost done! and I have no doubt that once you do these upgrades, or come with reasons and references of why not to do them, you will be SWAT deployed no problem!

In the meantime I will go check with the rest of the command staff in case they have any specific question.

Way to go...

Great TD bro!

Almost there!!

Saludos

Juan