*ACTIVATED* TD-2921 / PHIL65 / SWAT OFFICER # 007

Phil65

Name: Philip H. Smith

Legion ID #: TD-2921

Forum Name: Phil65

Garrison: UKG

Trooper Emulated: Docking Bay 94 Captain V1 (Garindan)

Member must currently be deployed as an MEPD Police Officer to be considered. - yes

Weathering must be appropriate to screen used armor. Too little or too much weathering will not be allowed. - yes

Pack, pauldron, and weapon combinations must match a specific trooper a seen on screen. – yes

Hi all,

After what seems like ages I've finally managed (I hope) to get all the necessary modifications to my armour completed and ready for submission for SWAT status.

Although I'm aiming for the specific pack-less version of the DB94 captain (the one that consults with Garindan & then tells his squad to load weapons), I thought I'd add in a few pics of my pack, E-11, binoculars and other pouches that I can use to create different TD variants.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey mate...

looking good so far...but one thing, you should change the finish stripe on the left thigh armor.

Here you can see, what i mean-

Posted Image

...and the chest plate sits a little low.

So far by my side.

Cheers...and all the best for your request :)

Dan

Nice one Phil, Armour looking good mate ;)Good luck with SWAT clearance.

Sometimes you will want to do this :6: mate but keep the pics coming hope these pointers help :td:;)

Phil i had look you will need the circle on the pauldron i have the B/W pic screencap that Rolf posted on my thread,due to only two being used on screen.

Phil if you change to your shoulder ammo pouch you will need to move the small tool kit pouch too the middle of the strap on the one its attached too check mine out i modded for SWAT.

I can see what Dan is saying with the strip on the thigh armour does it go right to the bottom or just above the ridge not clear mate in the pic.

Like the T21 mate hope too get another Troop with you still owe you a :pint1:

hey phil! :)

wer'e doing the same variant! B)

you'll clinch it no worries buddy! :)

long time,no see matey,good luck,i'm keeping em crossed for you! :)B), b.t.w, it seems this SWAT deployment status mission is really proving to be popular with us brits at the moment! :)B)

oh,.... and wheres your beard gone buddy? :)

Thanks all for the kind words and tips on the extra detailing needed ;)

Jason - re the bit about the circular patch on the pauldron - can you recommend a good way to do this? Also, don't worry about the drink you owe me mate - I intend to claim this back (with interest) before the year is out! :P

Dave - long time no see mate & hope you're well. I've been following your thread requesting SWAT status and you've done a brilliant job. Well done mate. Look forward to trooping together again (seems ages ago when we met at the NSC a few years ago - which I think was your induction :D )

As for the beard, it comes and goes depending on my mood - but it does seem a bit rebellious for me as a trooper to follow jedi fashion :obiwan::D

TWO THINGS PHIL....

FIRST... on my pauldron.....i used burnt umber, acrylic paint (as i'm doing one pigment 76' style weathering on mine) to do the sicker mark on my pauldron.... i painted it onto the base of a small drinks bottle, "printed it on" and let it dry slightly and used a wet fine bristled nailbrush and wet rag to take the excess off :)

SECOND... yeah the nsc weekend was my tk induction, but i took the sandie too! B) ... it was great meeting you,and would love to troop with you again soon buddy! you are a real gent! :0)... good luck on your SWAT deployment request buddy, ive personally seen your kit and can vouch that its top notch ! B)B)B)B):)

i'll be cheering you on phil! :)

Hey Phil!

How are you bro!

Great to see another SWAT request!!

Your TD looks great already, but as you know, SWAT deployment is a great task to tackle.

But feel confident that your armor is almost there!

:D

Now, I do have some suggestions to make for you to improve your portrayal. Maybe you can start working on that while I review in depth your gear and armor. If you need anything in the road, just post or PM me. I will be more than happy to help.

Some suggestions have already been said by fellow troopers:

1. You will need to add the circle pattern to your pauldron.

2. You could add the coiled wire detail to your T21

3. You could also add the clover shaped wire to your T21

4. Maybe you could dye one of your enfield sling to have one in a tanish color and the other more olive like color.

5. You will only need one Spanish pouch since he doesnt wear any on the right hand hip.

6. You should also trim the plastic strip on the left thigh so that it ends before the edge rim detail near the knee.

post-1761-0-23936600-1309835879_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-82090400-1309835880_thumb.jp

And one idea that is not needed for deployment but would be awesome to see, is the skid marks and "joker" grin seen on the right hand side of the helmet.

This is it so far bro.

I will be reviewing some more details and the weathering. And also will be consulting the rest of teh Command staff for input as well as what other troopers have to say in this thread.

What do you think?

Your opinion on mods and upgrades is as important as anyone else's. So please, let us know how you see your armor and what you think about my suggestions.

This is a tuff job bro, but I am sure that at the end, you will be proud to own an awesome SWAT deployed TD armor!

Saludos

Juan

Some suggestions have already been said by fellow troopers:

1. You will need to add the circle pattern to your pauldron.

2. You could add the coiled wire detail to your T21

3. You could also add the clover shaped wire to your T21

4. Maybe you could dye one of your enfield sling to have one in a tanish color and the other more olive like color.

5. You will only need one Spanish pouch since he doesnt wear any on the right hand hip.

6. You should also trim the plastic strip on the left thigh so that it ends before the edge rim detail near the knee.

And one idea that is not needed for deployment but would be awesome to see, is the skid marks and "joker" grin seen on the right hand side of the helmet.

Saludos

Juan

Thanks Juan,

Sorry for the late post in reply and thanks to everyone for their comments & suggestions.

I'm gonna add the circular detail to my pauldron and the coiled/clover shaped wires to my T-21 over the weekend. I know what to do regards the pauldron and have sourced some wire already for the 'clover shape' detail and I plan to use some old electric razor flex wire for the mid point on the T-21 barrel.

As for the Spanish pouch, that's an easy fix - I'll just wear one as they're only attached to my belt with velcro.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The biggest mod I have to do is the thigh strips because - to my shame :blush: - I don't actually have the strips on my thighs. Attached is a close up. However, if this is what's needed then I'll set to work.

Posted Image

As for dyeing one of my T-21 straps, that's caught me completely by surprise :o - I didn't know they were two colours (both of mine are the tan colour at the moment)

Lastly, does anyone have any good pics of the skid marks and joker grin on the helmet?

Cheers fellas! :D

Thanks Juan,

Sorry for the late post in reply and thanks to everyone for their comments & suggestions.

I'm gonna add the circular detail to my pauldron and the coiled/clover shaped wires to my T-21 over the weekend. I know what to do regards the pauldron and have sourced some wire already for the 'clover shape' detail and I plan to use some old electric razor flex wire for the mid point on the T-21 barrel.

As for the Spanish pouch, that's an easy fix - I'll just wear one as they're only attached to my belt with velcro.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The biggest mod I have to do is the thigh strips because - to my shame :blush: - I don't actually have the strips on my thighs. Attached is a close up. However, if this is what's needed then I'll set to work.

Posted Image

As for dyeing one of my T-21 straps, that's caught me completely by surprise :o - I didn't know they were two colours (both of mine are the tan colour at the moment)

Lastly, does anyone have any good pics of the skid marks and joker grin on the helmet?

here you go buddy! :) i used this site for my "move along" detailing!

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/original-stormtrooper-stop-that-ship-helmet.htm

O-Kayyyy!First tweaks done...

Clover wire & flex detailing added to T-21...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Skid marks & joker grin added to helmet...

Posted Image

Posted Image

And lastly (for now) circular detail added to pauldron. The detail is a bit washed out on the photos but if I apply any further layers of weathering it'll look too dark.

Posted Image

Looking good. My only other feedback:

The rear sight cover should be rotated 90 degrees

Perhaps the coiled wire should be shorter?

It would be nice to see some of the specific dirt patterns on the chest / ab of this trooper. He has very distinct weathering.

Looking good. My only other feedback:

The rear sight cover should be rotated 90 degrees

Perhaps the coiled wire should be shorter?

It would be nice to see some of the specific dirt patterns on the chest / ab of this trooper. He has very distinct weathering.

The sight cover is easily rotated - it actually functions as it has a nut inside which tightens the main that joins the two parts of the gun. I'd just not tightened it fully on the other pic. ;)

Posted Image

Re the coiled wire being shorter or put at another angle - I can do this easily enough so will adjust and put another pic up. :)

As for the specific dirt patterns on the chest, here are some clearer photos to show the weathering that I've applied.

Posted Image

Posted Image

ditch the "scope sight"and use the curly wire instead buddy! ,as the "scope sight" was not on the t-21 in 76'!(BOTH ARE ON THE PIC I POSTED OF MINE,BUT I REMOVED THE SCOPE SIGHT) it is a later interperatation,i believe, originally started by the ukg's steve hird for our very own ukg/mepd lady trooper ,rachael smith's t-21!.... if the old school mepd guys were on here,they'd have picked it up straight away!!!... i made that same mistake with mine phil! :( until, billy ,....(BILLHAG) "corrected me" ! ;0) .....the scope sight/mushroom sight NEVER EXISTED IN 76' (but looks cool though! :0)) check out the screen cap ,i posted just phil! ;)

Thanks Juan,

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Was the rest of your suit put together with the strip method like the film suits? :huh:

As for one thing I see, that you could work on a bit along with the strips. The ammo belt on the right thigh. You could cut it down a bit, top and bottom, to make it more accurate. You can see it in the screen cap shot when they are walking toward the camera how narrow it is.