To pauldron or not to pauldron that is the question lol

Ok it came up tonight talking with the boyfriend about "did all TD's wear pauldrons or not???" So is it really correct for a td not to have one or is he "out of uniform" ??? <!-- s:lol: --><!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: --><!-- s:lol: -->

No they don't have to have a pauldron to be a TD. Check these out:

http://www.looksirdroids.com/davin_publicity.htm

Look at the pics at the bottom.

Does a dirty TK == sandtrooper?

In my mind sandtroopers were more than dirty TK's. Perhaps 'cause I still believe they were specialty pauldrons, not rank pauldrons. So for myself a dirty TK with a BFG != sandtrooper, who I believe were more elite.

I can agree with that up to a point. Just like ABN, SF, & Rangers are all army soldiers, they do form their own subgroups w/in the army.

In my mind, yes they're all stormtroopers, but I see the ones with pauldrons as being the elite of the elite

Bite your tongue!

Rob does have a point.

Well Seth, I must follow the logical thinking of Mike & Rob on this one.

Here's my storyline: I'm assigned desk duties on a stardestroyer that happens to capture a fleeing diplomatic starship above the planet Tatooine. DV calls for a detachment of "stormtroopers" to go down to the planet's surface and retrieve some stolen plans hidden in an escape pod. I volunteer, turn in my E-11 at the armory for a Sci-fire MG-34, a black pauldron AND a (TE) backpack and TADA!!! - I hit the planet as a "sandtrooper". Makes sense, no?

HEY, who started this thread any who? What? Katt? Again? Geez, she was carrying two weapons on another thread! Naughty trooper! Naughty.

Guns

I can agree with that up to a point. Just like ABN, SF, & Rangers are all army soldiers, they do form their own subgroups w/in the army.

In my mind, yes they're all stormtroopers, but I see the ones with pauldrons as being the elite of the elite

not to keep beating this thread to death, too late, but the Rangers have hot,cold, Etc. equipment.

^

Sorry I just like that emoticon

The ones without the pauldrons were normal TKs.

Not wanting to start a fight, but that is simply not true. The sandtrooper without a pauldron is wearing the same pre-Elstree style suit as all the other sandtroopers.

Hey bro,

Sorry BraksBuddy for being so dense...can you elaborate on the "pre-Elstree style" comment? I've never heard of that particular armor before.

Guns

The ones without the pauldrons were normal TKs.

Not wanting to start a fight, but that is simply not true. The sandtrooper without a pauldron is wearing the same pre-Elstree style suit as all the other sandtroopers.

The Stormie without a pauldron was also not wearing a backback. To me and possibly to the average SW person, that would indicate he was a normal TK. So it would look awkward for a TD not to wear a Pauldron.

Brak's is reffering to the Tunisia armor (sandtrooper armor, made before the studio shoots at elstree), ie; different ab plate, no shoulder straps, no drop boxes, diamond knee, no thermal detonator/air tank, plus no holsters & the different helmet paint scheme. I probably missed something, if I did, feel free to beat me with a stick. Those things are equal to pauldrons and backpacks in differentiating a sandtrooper from a stormtrooper (IMO). So while it may be getting over-technical, the sandtrooper armor is undoubtedly different than stormtrooper armor.