T-21 scratch Build

Well i finly got going on my T21 build. before we get into pic. and exct. i would like too thank Terry (pandatrooper)fore his templat, and his awsome pictures, and my other sourche is:

http://www.deactivat...n/prod_392.html

well enoff of the talking lets get too it.......

first off. All the materials i used is found in terry´s list (no need to spam that agein)

im not that good too in expressing my self in tecnikle english, but u are always welcome too PM me if you would like too know more about the build. Cheers "Bigdane"

Wish me LUCK....

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

update.. i have sandet the parts and asembled the front and rear barrel (pvc pipe) in whitch i have moulded the front sight in too. and attached a ajusting screv. notice the

inprint in the barrel whitch gives alittle flavor too the overall look when its paintet

i have transfered the main stock template too my wood board and cut it whit a jiksaw

Posted Image

after abit off test fitting i desidet too ad a second wing too the main stock manly fore stability, and a more snuck fit in the outer barrel

Posted ImagePosted Image

after abit off sanding i glued the stock together so its looks something like this atm.

Posted Image

Looking great so far! the cross section support is a good idea. I had considered the same with mine but I needed room for electronics.

By the way, as a prop builder and costume builder, I really do appreciate it when people give shout outs / credit to those that put in the time to help others. Thank you!

Now its time fore the handle covers, who i draw from Terry´s template, and after a rought cutout i layed them on the stock too get a perfekt fit around the edge. my reference indikates that ther is to bras skrews in the handles (that explanes the 2 holes)

Posted Image Posted Image

ill mount them later in the build

Fore the feedplate that holds the magasin drum, i did like draw it apon wood then a rough cut out, followed by gluing the parts together,and sanded it in too perfekt shape. In my reference image is ther visible screws on the back section (were the rear sight is mountet later) plus 2 rivets (marked whit red circle in pic.)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

ps. do i have BIG feet ????(Hint !! look at the bottom right corner :huh: )

Its now time too make the oil conuntainer holdercap (or what ever it called) i made this out off some plumming pipe and 2 coins off the lokal currency becaus they have the carvings on the side whitch i was lokking fore, and just a matter off glueing it togher.

Posted Image

and fore the hole in the stock i jused a smal 4,5 mm. dril bit just too make a center hole , and followed it up whit a 22 mm. Notice it might be nesecerry too clamp 2 pices of wood on other side off the hole, manly fore stability becaus the drill is close too the edges

Posted Image

and after the process test fitting.

plz. notice that i have roughly sanded the stock before i began drilling (not done yet)

Looking great so far! the cross section support is a good idea. I had considered the same with mine but I needed room for electronics.

By the way, as a prop builder and costume builder, I really do appreciate it when people give shout outs / credit to those that put in the time to help others. Thank you!

my build was all thanks to you too terry! thanks so much! :):):):)B) your tutorial and templates gave me a real confidence boost,as the 2 T-21'S i built were my second ever blaster projects!!!!

YOU DA MAN ,TERRY ! :)

I have decidet that i want a rearend cap on the stock, so i cut out a rough piece from ABS plate an drilled too 3,5 mm holes and mounted then on the stock, but as you can se it doesent follow the curves off the stock.

Posted Image

so i used a hairdryer and heated the plate and bend it into shape (i will sand it later whit the stock) this is how it looks

I have used a set of wery rough files too shape the handle and finnished it off whit sandpaper grain 80. and i left some cuts and bruses in the stock too give it and effekt off being used

Posted Image

as i said i have sande the endcap alonge whit the main-stock so it fits perfekt.

Posted Image

and im trying out abit off paint fore the stock here (oil based pain) i going fore an old look were you actualy can se the wood beneth

Posted Image

more on that later........

the real deal lewis is tapered in were the barrel meets the stock. so i eyeballed it and drew it apon a paper and transfered it too the barrel

Posted ImagePosted Image

and i cut it whit a a knife an sanded it so it looks something like this.

Posted ImagePosted Image

i want a strip off coiled wire on my barrel, so i took some cobber wire and rolled around a small stick until i got the lengh i felt was ok.

Posted ImagePosted Image

and then i clamped it at one end and drilled a snug hole in the pipe were i wanted it placed. so its looks something like this

Posted Image

here it will be placed wenn the barrel is painted.

Posted Image

and now more work on the stock. i have mounted the "drum plate" whit normal glue and skrewed it in place (easy job), too finnish it off, i made the drum end cap and bondoed it so that it flows natual whit the rest off the handle (not so easy):rolleyes:

the red arrow marks the end cap.

Posted Image

Detailing the stock. i cut out 2 brakets from some old scap iron, and mark them on the wood section. and i forgot too mention be sure too drill a hole fore your wireing if you wish too add sound later.(look at the red arrow)

Posted Image

and then its "only" a matter off cutting out wood section, and lock them in place 2 screws.

Next step: prepping and painting the stock