*ACTIVATED* TD-5996 / SIR DAVID / SWAT OFFICER # 005

sir david

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!!! guys , i am overwhelmed! :) just got back from work and saw this post!!!

may i add a speech.......

as juan says, this armour tells a story........

before i joined the 501st back in 2007, i attended a couple of ukg events and met up with an awesome friend,who inspired me to aim to do a sandtrooper costume (which i have always wanted to be since i saw A.N.H in 77' ).... his kindness ,and support at venues when i was a "newbie" ,and sheer awesomeness of his sandie was as i said, inspiring! :)

after being in the ukg for about a year,.....

i was honoured to be granted the position of ukg sandie armourer, alongside the only other sandie doing this role in the ukg! to give my time,to help other new members realise their dream (as he did with me!) if i had not met this guy,i would never have had the passion and love for the sandtrooper charachter that i have today!!!!! ..... so may i firstly thank my bro, and good buddy MEPD DEPLOYED TD4128.....LEIGH LEWIS for the above!!!

and now for the others who have been fantastic in helping me achieve this goal......

SMALLY.... without his kind gift of his old armour and lid,i would never have afforded to realise this dream!

JK007......for his support throughout the build and in my "down times", and, also for his kind gift of the spanish pouch !......

BILLHAG..... for the kind gift of the latex handplates and generally "just being there for me" WHEN THINGS WERE REALLY BAD IN MY LIFE! ....

ANTHONY FORREST.... for the support and pm's about the weathering techniques used in 76'....

DAVE MARSDEN.... for his support,and help with the pics.....

GUY THOMAS.... for putting up with me in my "down times".....

PANDATROOPER.... for the awesome templates and tutorials i used to build mine and daves T-21's B) .....

AND,TO THE MEPD STAFF....

JUAN.... for being there to offer help and advice on making it as good as i could! :) ...

NOEL....for putting up with my numerous tags and pm's regarding this build ! :P .......

RICK.... for his help and support, and being my bro! :) ....

ROLF......for the inspiration!!! .....

the other part of the story,is about a third of the way through this build, i suffered a bout of depression,and nearly stopped doing this project and,all other builds FOR GOOD!, but, my brothers (especially jason) helped me through this bad time ,and gave me support, understanding,and renewed strength to do what i love to do the most....BUILDING STUFF and HELPING OTHERS!!, my self confidence and self belief has taken a real pounding from my recent depression issue,i am still low on confidence even now!, but, as far as SWAT status goes for me.... .....i am not (and will never be , what some people may regard as an "eliteist" , or have any kind of ego! ( i have not done the "look how cool i am" thing! ).... i have purely gone for SWAT status not just for the honouring of the original 76' guys ,but also for my bro TD4128... LEIGH LEWIS to give him the strength to stay with the brothers and sisters of the MEPD !,in his honour,and also,to honour ANTHONY FORREST for the iconic image we all reffer to today!!! B) , and also i think its an awesome programme for helping to get our kit even nearer to the original look!, so i just had to take up the challenge!

it has been a long,emotional,rewarding,educational,and enjoyable journey throughout (well,apart from one moment of negativity)!!!! thanx to juans help and advice,and the support of my other two uk SWAT brothers ..... SMALLY ,and JK007

AND, FINALLY,MAY I THANK EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU GUYS .... for being MY FAMILY!!! :)

you all mean so very much to me! ,god bless you all! :)

76' ALL THE WAY!!! ;)

Dave THANKS BRO for the kind words Sir, as you said we all do this not to be eliteist but to honour the image of the Sandie which we all wear with pride and honour.

I salute you sir :salute: and await another great troop with you and the guys.

Bye the way you still didn't weather the gaffa tape ;):lol:

Wuhoo!! congrats bro!! :) *high fives* That is so awesome!! and on my birthday too eh? that makes it extra special haha. I will celebrate extra hard tonight :dance::lol::peace::pint1::headphone::dance::salute:

Wuhoo!! congrats bro!! :) *high fives* That is so awesome!! and on my birthday too eh? that makes it extra special haha. I will celebrate extra hard tonight :dance::lol::peace::pint1::headphone::dance::salute:

Happy Birthday Girl.

Dave THANKS BRO for the kind words Sir, as you said we all do this not to be eliteist but to honour the image of the Sandie which we all wear with pride and honour.

I salute you sir :salute: and await another great troop with you and the guys.

Bye the way you still didn't weather the gaffa tape ;):lol:

jason, the I.S.S are my SECOND FAMILY! B):)

Cheers Dave! You've certainly become 1 of my best buddies & a brother to me since joining the UKG

I'm so lucky to have 2 swat sandie brothers less than a mile down the road!

It'll be 3 years since our induction in September! I was never happy with my cleared TK when we met, I didn't know anyone from the UKG but look at us now!

My TK's almost FISD ;) my Sandies Won't need much work for SWAT and you've built my awesome T21 :)

All thanks to you bro!

Now let's get trooping ASAP lol

Cheers Dave your welcome over the border anytime Bro, as Dave said we neeed another troop shame on the distance guys put we will troop again hopefully soon. :salute::pint1:

Congratulans, well done matey :salute:

All your hard work and determination as been rewarded and I'm really pleased fou ya because I

know just how much it means to you :duim:

You never know, one day I might stop building other peoples armour and finally get 'round to

rolling my TD out B)

Congratulans, well done matey :salute:

All your hard work and determination as been rewarded and I'm really pleased fou ya because I

know just how much it means to you :duim:

You never know, one day I might stop building other peoples armour and finally get 'round to

rolling my TD out B)

bless you buddy! you have been a total rock to me throughout this billy ! THANK YOU SO MUCH! :)B):salute:

• 10 months later...