Need advice with armour mod

ctankep

So i just know that i already asked what needed to be done with my 1mm abs TM ANH TK style armour to make it TD.

I am hoping to get practical advice on how to do this modifications, removing shoulder bridges, TK style kneeplate and abdomen button plates. They have been secured with ABS Adhersive i just got confirmation from TM that he will send me a sniper kneeplate and TD abdomen buttons. Will post pictures of my armour if requested.

Help me MEPD you are my only hope.

First of all Varg, welcome to the MEPD!!!Posted ImagePosted Image

As what you already stated you will also need to include the green lenses and the helmet type.

It will all come down in what TD you want to resemble and if you want to go for SWAT or Deployed Status.

I would recommend to check out the Imperial Armor Section, there you will have tons of good references and

support material and if not just pop the questions and we'll be gladly to help.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

First of all Varg, welcome to the MEPD!!!Posted ImagePosted Image

As what you already stated you will also need to include the green lenses and the helmet type.

It will all come down in what TD you want to resemble and if you want to go for SWAT or Deployed Status.

I would recommend to check out the Imperial Armor Section, there you will have tons of good references and

support material and if not just pop the questions and we'll be gladly to help.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Helmet details (either Decal or painted) are slightly different on most TD's i believe.

Thanks alot mates! Really happy to be here and get all this quick responses! I know i have to paint over some details on the helmet and so on. And i already have a flat green lense, original strapping etz, i am TK Centurion, the equalent of SWAT.

So as far as such things i got it covered in

My head and on the suit for most parts, what i DO WANT to know is how i should go about and actually physicaly remove the TK-kneeplate, abdomen button plates and shoulder bridges. They have been fixated with abs adhersive...

Is there any solvant or anything to loosen up the glue etz, what do i use in terms of tools etz...

Thanks.

Thanks alot mates! Really happy to be here and get all this quick responses! I know i have to paint over some details on the helmet and so on. And i already have a flat green lense, original strapping etz, i am TK Centurion, the equalent of SWAT.

My head and on the suit for most parts, what i DO WANT to know is how i should go about and actually physicaly remove the TK-kneeplate, abdomen button plates and shoulder bridges. They have been fixated with abs adhersive...

Is there any solvant or anything to loosen up the glue etz, what do i use in terms of tools etz...

Thanks.

Any solvent that will attack ABS adhesive will also attack the ABS itself.

I would try cracking it off with a thin blade VERY gently, or at least try to cut through it with an exacto knife.

Depends on what you mean by "ABS adhesive". If it's E6000, you can remove it with a Stanley knife and a bit of patience. If you used ABS welder however, like it might sound that you have...That's gonna be a bit more tricky. See, ABS welder isn't actually a glue, per se. It's a liquid that reacts chemically with the plastic, melting it ever so slightly, thereby fusing the two parts together. Meaning, you can't usually pry the two parts away from each other afterwards, without causing some damage.

So what kind of adhesive did you use?

Depends on what you mean by "ABS adhesive". If it's E6000, you can remove it with a Stanley knife and a bit of patience. If you used ABS welder however, like it might sound that you have...That's gonna be a bit more tricky. See, ABS welder isn't actually a glue, per se. It's a liquid that reacts chemically with the plastic, melting it ever so slightly, thereby fusing the two parts together. Meaning, you can't usually pry the two parts away from each other afterwards, without causing some damage.

So what kind of adhesive did you use?

well, you can get it apart, but you really are just cutting, and not prying.

I dissolve E6000 with Glyco (mexican brand) that is some kind of benzine used for plastic artists to remove glue from paper and similar.

It is a gentle solvent, it evaporates almost right away, but melts glues used for art.

Not a utility or chemical solvent, you should find a similar one in art supplies stores.

I discovered this by accident, it dissolved E6000 no problem and did not damaged HIPS. Don´t know about ABS, but should do the trick since it does not dissolves plastic at all.

Use it with caution anyway.

Hope it helps.

Saludos

Varg try to remove with patience and caution as other TD brothers have advised.

The thing about ABS cementing is that i makes a powerful bond. If for some any reason it doesn't work the other option is

to buy some spare parts and that could work as well. At least I bough a new set of thighs and legs as well as the sniper plate.

Just consider this in case everything else fails.

There are many recommended and honest troopers that could make the sell.

Hope it helps bro!Posted Image

Thanks.

Thank alot friends! :) sniper kneeplate and abdomenbuttons on the way.

As soon as they arrive i will start taking off my TK details. In a way it feels a bit sad to take farewell of my TK. :D

Thank alot friends! :) sniper kneeplate and abdomenbuttons on the way.

As soon as they arrive i will start taking off my TK details. In a way it feels a bit sad to take farewell of my TK. :D

Once you report in for duty on Tatooine you'll never look back. We have more equipment and bigger guns, and there is plenty of Jawa Juice at the Cantina for a good after work party! Can't beat that on the Death Star