So, wait... NO ONE has an original Sonix in hand?

Art Andrews

I swear I thought I had seen that at least one person, possibly two had managed to snag an original Sonix radio. I was just told that isn't the case and that no one here actually has one. Is that correct and have I been mistaken all this time?

I swear I thought I had seen that at least one person, possibly two had managed to snag an original Sonix radio. I was just told that isn't the case and that no one here actually has one. Is that correct and have I been mistaken all this time?

i'm sure someone posted here a while back saying they got one for a really silly low price!! and i remember the pics posted too!!! i think the guy was gonna use the original to cast repro radio face plates ???? :) .... you aint going mad bro,cos i recall seeing it too! :)

Yeah...

The real discussion took place over the legion boards.

The guy who claimed to have the radio posted one picture of it on a garden table... and then said he had one and he was going to produced a cast or something... but then, after some questioning, requests for more pictures and a lot of expectatios, he just disappeared. My bet is, he did not had the radio. Just found the picture and was trying to make some money or something.

This is the picture he posted:

post-1761-0-42471600-1305823181_thumb.jp

I just noticed there is a water mark on the radio. Maybe that can take us to he owner or to the original source of the picture if it is not real.

Saludos.

Ok, the water marks reads RoCKo...

so... this is not the picture posted that time.

or, RoCKo was the poster...

or, someone took that picture from RoCKo...

or... better... this was for real and RoCKo has a very valuable piece.

??????

Have no idea.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Saludos

Ok...

I can't believe I fell for that... well, actually, I didn't.

This is the picture posted over the legion forums claimining to be a found item:

post-1761-0-35954600-1305824233_thumb.jp

And this is the picture from RoCKo's archive (origin of the picture unknown by me):

post-1761-0-09668100-1305824222_thumb.jp

Can you see where the poster of the thread errased the water mark???

If this is a fake picture, no wonder it was posted on the legion boards and not on the MEPD or other more specialized forum.

This is the original thread:

http://www.501st.com...der=asc&start=0

Author David Ridding.. total post count 7.

And this is the MEPD thread:

http://forum.mepd.ne...h=1

Or maybe I am just crazy with all this and I am all wrong.

Anyone knows better?

So, no luck with the radio yet.

:(

Saludos.

wow juan!!! you are real thorough bro!! and share as much detail on this topic as possible too! ;) that is the pic i saw a while back!!!! as said,if someone has a real unit,it is such an awesome find!!!! B)

I don't know what to think...

Since the picture posted over the Legion Forums as a found piece is bigger than the one with RoCKo's watermark, I cant really say which one is the original, and which one is the actual picture of the radio.

Anyway... I found it very strange that the founder of the radio, after seeing the response over the TD community, woulnd't post more pictures...

I read what he replied to you Terry, but, without pictures or more detailed info, I guess we will never know if that was the real deal from a real radio, or just some info he made up. Cause most of the info is just standard radio info, or can bee seen in many other pictures of the Sonix Victory 75.

This is still a mystery... I would say.

I trust my previous post will be taken as mere personal conclusions and not facts.

Saludos

Juan

Very strange...

He did post some very specific details, though:

all it says on the label inside is MODEL; MT-1809

POWER;220V/240V and theres a number deleted

6volts DC

4watts

BRAND; SOLAR

i know they did a battery only version and a battery & mains with its own mains leads,this is the version i have.the front is injected plastic but all the other sides and rear are some sort of vinyl covered board,the rear panel lifts up to expose the battery compartment and the mains lead its held shut by 2 small pop studs on strips of vinyl

i cant believe out of all the ones made i am one of the first to find one,

i will be looking in to having some casts made from this,i will have to see which way is the best for doing it...........

...And:

i will post pics of the strap mounts,...on the side are jack plug sockets with the word MIC above the top one and EAR above the lower one,the knob on the right the tab is just to give leveredge on the switch as its quite a positive click from one position to the next,

the switches on the front are slide switches ,and regards to the mp3 player i would say it was a simple job to connect the speaker to the mp3

on the right hand side half way down the case is a old fashioned 5pin din socket this would allowed the conection of a tape recorder

...But he never did try and sell anyone anything, at least not openly on the 501st forums. Maybe some of the UKG guys here could try and contact him through the UKG message board, or something?