Doopydoos new all Resin E-11 Build

Hi guys and gals, I just wanted to share with you all some pics of my current Doopydoos E-11 build. I previously had a PVC Pipe E-11 with Doopydoos parts, when I saw the all resin version they have just released http://www.doopydoos.com/stormtrooper-e-11-complete-anh-e-11-blaster-kit-offer-2685-p.asp I wanted to have a go at making one with a counter and targetting cylinders, and weathering it for use with my Sandtrooper when I get it done.

The kit itself is very good, a few imperfections but these are easily solved with a bit of sanding and filling. The main thing I wanted to show was how to replace the bolts in the barrell with real allen bolts. For those of you in the UK you will need to get these http://www.screwfix.com/p/bzp-head-socket-cap-screw-m6-x-16mm-pack-of-50/78505 or something similar from another shop.

I won't bore you with the rest of the build as there are numerous tutorials out there on how to do that, but for the bolts I simply started to drill the old area out, starting with a very small drill bit and working my way up, taking care to drill slowly and steadily so as not to crack the resin. You do meet some resistance from the PVC pipe that is installed inside but this is easily remedied with either a file or a stanley knife to cut away the excess.

Posted Image

I found that I over drilled a bit because the bolts are slightly larger than the hole for them in the muzzle so I had to go back with some filler and patch up. I cut the bolts off with a dremel so that I could simply glue them in place.

Posted Image

Then with them cut they get glued with E6000 to hold them in place and the full effect can be seen.

Posted Image

The whole thing is primed and then painted silver with 3 coats, which I will then cover with probably 1 coat of black so as to make it easier to do some weathering and expose the silver underneath. As I have seen with some other previous builds the scope is hand painted with Gold Humbrol paint I had left over to reflect accuracy.

Posted Image

Hope you like. I will post pictures of the finished version when I get it painted black in the next few days.

Nick

Thanks for the responses guys, and it means alot for you more senior members of MEPD to post your comments for us guys just starting out.

I've painted the blaster now and wanted to share with you a comparison with my previous Doopydoos PVC pipe build. The PVC one has BlastTech rubber T-tracks but apart from that all is resin parts and a pvc pipe barrell.

I have lighlty weathered the new E-11 but will take it a little more when I get my armor and weather that. I also need to do another coat of paint on the bolt and add a sight reticle on the scope but apart from that I think we are there. Add this to my little growing armoury LOL.

The 2 side by side

Posted Image

Weathering on the left side

Posted Image

And the right

Posted Image

Good shot showing the allen bolts in the barrell and weathering on the muzzle

Posted Image

Here's a comparison between my old Doopydoos Kit and the new one with proper allen bolts added. Big difference in quality huh?

Posted Image

I made myself a D-ring out of some wire that came with my Syphon Im using for my backpack

Posted Image

The mag is shorter on this newer model than on the old resin parts

Posted Image

So there it is I hope this gives an insight into the new Doopydoos kit and how good it is, and can inspire you to build one if you had second thoughts originally.

Many thanks for looking

Nick

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...