DV's E-11 Blaster build

Hey guys n gals i decided to take a break from building my ESB TK armor(which is almost done) and start on the blaster. I know its not the ANH version the TDs use, but thought id share the build anyways.

I bought this kit from Jason (boklast) from the Carolina garrison months ago but never got around to building it.

This is a "doopy doos" kit that you use with a PVC pipe or metal tube. My build is a PVC pipe, and a bare bones build with no moving parts or electronics.

It comes with a template you attach to the PVC pipe to layout the barrel holes, cocking slot, and ejection port. I spray glued the template to the pipe and cut it out about a month ago and stopped working on it

So this is where we are now. I didnt take any pics of the parts layed out, but its a standard ESB kit that doopy doos sells.

Now the parts are meant to be glued/epoxied into place, but i wanted this to be a bit more sturdy so i used screws and glue wherever possible

the first thing i did was insert the "door" for the ejection port. Its basically a resin tube thats inserted in the middle of the barrel where the ejection door is.

First you see here the bottom of the barrel and the way i mounted the grip section. I used CA glue and then put in 3 screws. 2 here:

Posted Image

and 1 here:

Posted Image

I countersunk the rear grip screw to be filled with bondo later. The other screws will be covered by the trigger and trigger guard.

i then decided to have the folding stock screw into the mount at the rear connection points. So i found screws that would fit the bill and drilled out the "bump" on the end of the stock

Posted Image

later i will remove the3 bump entirely to be replaced by the large headed screw i found to do the job

I then glued together the 2 halves of the stock.

Posted Image

and then put a screw through it to make it sturdy

Here is the top of the stock with the countersunk hole:

Posted Image

here is the bottom:

Posted Image

I then added the mount for the stock behind the grip, again with a countersunk screw and CA glue:

Posted Image

I also drilled holes into the sides to mount the stock:

Posted Image

I then finished drilling and removing the "bump" on the stock:

Posted Image

I then proceeded to add trigger, trigger guard, scope rail and clip assembly with CA glue and countersunk screws:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I had forgotten to drill out the holes to mount the scope, so i had to remove the scope rail, drill those out and put it back..lol..whoops!

Before i reattached the scope rail i placed the scope in the proper position and drilled just a little through the holes on the rail to the scope itself to mark where the holes should be on the scope. I then drilled from the bottom markings all the way through the scope out of the top. Then i turned it back right side up and counter sunk the holes to match the screws i was using to mount it:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ok so after a location problem, i reattached the stock mount closer to the grip and filled the screw holes and the holes from my improper placement

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i then filled the screw holes on the scope rail:

Posted Image

Then i mounted the scope, and filled the screw holes:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also mounted the stock but noticed it was angled a bit much and far from the barrel, or at least further than i wanted it to be

Posted Image

So i placed a screw underneath and counter sunk it to fill the hole

Posted Image

That solved the problem

Posted Image

I then insertred a 1/2" PVC pipe i prepainted flat black as the internal barrel. It was sittin a little crooked so i mounted the front sight with a slightly askew screw to push it level.

Posted Image

In some shots of the real blaster i noticed there was an allen bolt on the front nozzle. I wanted to replicate that so i found an old allen bolt i had laying around and drilled out the nozzle to fit it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Worked perfect!

Posted Image

I also noticed an allen bolt in the bottom of the grip. So i drilled that out as well and added the bolt.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I then added the clip and all the greeblies:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then i painted it with krylon black primer and a couple of coats of matte finish

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now i just need to weather it and get me some t-track for the barrel and its done!

Well I dont know Lou there's something about I just cant put my finger on...oh yeah it's ESB! Super job Brother.

LOL! i know i know.. :rolleyes:

I enjoyed doing this build, it being my first blaster build. Im likely going to try and get another kit, ANH style, as my TK will be a "switchy" so i can go either ESB or ANH, AND ill be able to use the ANH E-11 with my sandy!

Looks good, Lou! I have a kit that's been sitting in my basement for months... I really need to take the time to put it together. It looked like everything went together pretty smoothly for you, other than the stock mounting, and the finished product looks great!

A quick question: How does the balance and weight feel with the PVC? I've been debating on PVC/aluminum/steel for the barrel.

Looks good, Lou! I have a kit that's been sitting in my basement for months... I really need to take the time to put it together. It looked like everything went together pretty smoothly for you, other than the stock mounting, and the finished product looks great!

A quick question: How does the balance and weight feel with the PVC? I've been debating on PVC/aluminum/steel for the barrel.

Thanks bro!

Well the only E-11 ive had previously was a modded hasbro. lol. But i like the weight of this, not too heavy, not too light. almost feels "real", although im sure a real deactivated sterling is way heavier lol. I think the weight is perfect. id like the metal only cuz if it gets a lil banged up, it will naturally chip to metal, which is cool. Ive never actually held one of these done with aluminum or steel though so i cant compare to that. But i like the weight.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks great, Lou!

As odd as it is to see EP-VI E-11s over here, I have to say that I like the greeblies they added. What's the story behind the switched-out muzzle bit?

Great work on the build. The weathering really gives it that extra boost!