George Lucas Vetoes Life-Size AT AT Star Wars Model

iron ram

Yeah... we could see this coming.

Not because of the use of the image or concept or whatever, but because he was asking for money. And no one can mess with uncle George's money.

I do believe that LFL has been very supportive with us fans and model/prop/armor enthusiasts... as long as we don't publicly make money out of our hobby, specially if their copyrighted stuff is used.

But, we do have other projects like the life size dewback. I can't see much difference with the ATA concept wise. The only difference is that the ATAT project was made public too soon, and involved money.

Maybe, as long as this stays a fan's project, it can evolve into something similar.

Or maybe not...

MHO.

Saludos

Guy builds AT-AT (without telling LFL)

Guy invites friends to ride said AT-AT

Friend falls off AT-AT from a great height

Friend breaks leg

Friend sues friend and LFL

LFL is mad, and sues Guy that builds AT-AT

Guy in deep Bantha poo-doo

I never thought this was a good idea from the get go. It's got bad vibes and planning all around it.

This isn't exactly what happened guys. The news is reporting it wrong.

I know both Mike (the AT-AT idea guy) and some people at Lucasfilm, and it's more that the idea is changing than just flat out vetoed. It's true that he can't get funding for it... but it's not completely dead — as I understand it.

Here's a better article...

http://www.livescience.com/13785-imperial-walker-america.html

Was this AT AT ever likely to be built anyway?

The cost of materials alone would be huge without the technical knowledge needed to make a non functioning 1:1 replica.

If this project could actually happen then I might make a fully operational imperial shuttle.

Craig