MEPD....Little Kids & Baseball

DirtyBoy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting on the director to get back to me....he's on a family vacation in Arizona.

I'm thinking an additional cool way to raise money for equipment and fees would be to have a Tshirt done....adult sized with "sand lot squad" across the top a "td in the middle holding a bat" and "mos eisley baseball" across the bottom

I'm thinking an additional cool way to raise money for equipment and fees would be to have a Tshirt done....adult sized with "sand lot squad" across the top a "td in the middle holding a bat" and "mos eisley baseball" across the bottom

I'd definitely be keen on one of those! B)

So a local business decided to step up and cover the sponsorship fees ($300) so thats exciting....although I would much rather have our name on the T's instead of the Carabetta Bros.

Hopefully they will help out more than just the cost to get their name on the shirt ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys....so yesterday was out first game....even though the league doesn't keep score at this level we were able to pull off a 7 to 3 win!!!

I want to thank all those who have purchased my basic $99 sandtrooper kits....I've used most of the money to buy the kids gear and stuff to help coach them. I know they really are having an awesome time with it :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just A Quick Update!!!

Boy, these kids can play!!!! we are just about done with our initial 2 month season and I got to tell you....My boys are amazing. For a group of 6-8 yr kids that have never played before to do what they have done is awesome!!!

there are just 2 kids on my team that havent been able to put it over 2nd base yet....running like pros and catching about 60% of the throws....Im sooo proud of them :)

Sounds fun! I also coach (and ump) my son's games. He's a little older so its no longer coach-pitch. Right now they're in the playoffs and lost a nail biter yesterday. They did manage one HR and even a grand slam to lead by 9 to 4. But the opposing team got last bat and won by walks. Some of the boys were in tears. We told them to shake it off because that's baseball. Tomorrow last playoff game of the season. Go Cyclones! :D