*DONE* TD-5459 Requesting Deployment

Looking great man....your weathering seems to match your local environment well.

I think it's cool to see how different weathering is base on the different areas of the world. Us east coast US guys get all grimey and caked with dirt. The west coast seems to be more of a rocky sand/clay look

Anyway....awesome job :)

Looking great man....your weathering seems to match your local environment well.

I think it's cool to see how different weathering is base on the different areas of the world. Us east coast US guys get all grimey and caked with dirt. The west coast seems to be more of a rocky sand/clay look

Anyway....awesome job :)

Rick,

I think you're right, I don't see many oily/grimey TD's on the west coast. Perhaps not yet at least! Thanks! There are many people on this forum who definitely deserve recognition for helping me out. In fact let me go ahead and name off who and why!

pandatrooper (fisd/mepd) - your guides and tutorials made my first build much easier/enjoyale then without (I'm sure of it!)

rougetrooper (fisd/mepd) - helping me with personalized diagrams and feedback throughout my build

quartermaster (mepd) - pointing me in the right direction when I needed help from fellow troopers and sandy's. also for my AWESOME Captain's backpack! I will have to buy you a beer one day!

woodchuck (mepd) - kick *** t-21 seen above!

zadokk (mepd) - thanks for helping with the leather pouches

troopermaster (mepd) - helping me out with the pieces needed to complete my ab plate modification

scootch (fisd) - my cap-w lid

tkittell (fisd) - thanks for the canvas belt

tk-4261 (fisd) - squirrel fans

Thank you everybody who I mentioned above once again! Sorry if I missed anyone, but this is one terrific community to be apart of!

Way to go Peter:duim: !

Everything looks great! Sholud be an easy pass.

Welcome to the sand brother!

thanks!

What technique and color(s) did you use for your weathering?

Posted Image

These are the only two paints I used. I did a total of two passes with the tutorial Terry (pandatrooper) made. Just paint, sponge brush, cloth, and most importantly time. This was my third attempt at weathering.. It probably won't take most people that many times, I'm REALLY a noob at painting. The last time I got any recognition for art was back in the 3rd grade for a contest.. lol.

Nice suit Peter. The battery knee pack on your right thigh seems to be riveted too high.

I tried it a few times before I riveted it, but based on my height and the way the armor fits that was actually the best place. Even my sniper knee plate has a piece of ABS angled so that the plate with sit slightly forward to avoid getting caught. =(

Do I see a clean back kidney plate over here? :P

Peter, can you take a pic of your amour showing the separated kidney and butt piece?

Dang!!! Busted!! lol jk. It's just the way the weathering came out..

Below is the image you requested. You can see my backpack has been leaving its marks.

Posted Image

Nice looking TD, Brother! Nice to see Sandys patrolling the northern part of the state! ;) Awesome! :td:

Thank you sir!

Freaking cool sandy, looks like you are ready for deployment real soon.

Congrats, and welcome on board ;)

Thanks Rolf! I did take apart my forearms to size them down since they still look big on me, these pics were used for my initial 501st application (which I used for my MEPD deployment as well)!