How do you keep your shins straight?

DirtyBoy

I think I read about putting a snap in the bottom front of the shin and a snap in the boot top where they overlap. I need to do this with mine too. when I remember to do it. Thanks for the reminder Rick.

Geesh Juan didnt I read you are 6'8" somewhere? Of course your shins fit a bit tight! My shins turn because of the AM kit it doesnt have dedicated left and right legs.

LOL!!!!

Man!!!

Not at all....

I forgot to mention I have mine stuffed with lots of foam!!!

And now that I think about it, that is how I keep them from moving around.

LOL!!!

Foam and elastic.

I just don't think about the foam too often.

Actually, I am short. Or shorter than most here anyway.

I am only 1.78cm or 5'10" (is that height correct, I am not used to feet and inches).

I read somewhere thats almost the height "GL prefers his Stormtroopers".

And since I am a thin guy, my TE2 armor fits perfectly.

post-0-063257100 1301355325_thumb.jpg

Saludos

thats basically what i used to do. About a year or so ago I attached velcro to some black sox and the opposing velro to the inside of the shins. about a month ago i was in a discount store to pick up random pieces of plastic. Then i came across these leg wraps that actually are made of a material that velcro attaches to with a great holding power. I triel it out recently on a 2 mile parade and not a single movement.

Im thinking about going back to the store and seeing if more are available.

They ROCK!!!

post-2894-018488800 1301355482_thumb.jpg

post-2894-052877800 1301355504_thumb.jpg

Haven't had any problems with my shins. My TE2 fits perfectly and tight. I trimmed my new AM TX armor the same as my TE2 and they are nice and snug now and haven't moved either.

I know a lot of guys use the foam option inside the shins to good effect.

Had the same problem too. Sometimes after along walk, my shin will move wayward, the damond kneecap will end up by the side. <_<

Exactly!!! thats what i used to have happen. no more man....no more

I've been dealing with this as well. I've got foam on the inside but not enough to keep it from rotating. Any more foam in there will make it tough to close on the back.

One solution I read about was what Woodman mentioned but I don't know if I want to use snaps. I like the idea of velcro on the outside of the boot and inside of the shin piece but how did you attach the velcro to the boot? I can't imagine a needle getting through the boot to sew it and although the industrial velcro is REALLY sticky I don't see that staying on the boot either.

It's one of those things that when I wear my armor I keep thinking, "Man I need to fix that because it bugs me" but once I'm done trooping it goes back on the mannequin and I keep putting it off.

I had this problem with my FX armor, but never with my TE2.

FX armor I put Velcroâ„¢ on the top of my shoes and inside the shins.

i use the same technique too boss ,on my fx td and also on my a.p tk! it works too! :)

I went back to the store where I got my wrap. Sad thing was they only had 2 sets available. They are up for grabs....I guarantee this will solve the shifting problem

I'm confused... Where on your leg do you put these wraps?

They go on your shins.

I don't know why I was still thinking of this all being by your ankles. I could use one of those wraps if you're offering. I'd really only need one because only my right shin spins on me.

I do the velcro trick and it works great. My boots have back pull tags on front and back, I sewed 2" velcro strips on both, placed velcro on front and back of shins. The way I armor up is thighs first, boots second and then as I'm putting my shins on I place the velcro from each boot on the front and back of the shin, close the shin in the back and I'm in business. Mine rotated very bad before and now work great..very little foam needed. B)