*DONE* 6985 REQUESTING DEPLOYMENT

Applicant: Michael L. Ramirez (SCRIBBLER)

501st ID: TK 6985 (Officially became a Legion TD on 3/23/2011)

501st Garrison: Southern California Garrison

Garrison CO: Lesley Farquhar (TR 3774)

GML: Nathan Mutter (BH 439)

Requesting Police Officer status with the MEPD...

- Armor is TE (Assembled and weathered by Me)

- Helmet by CAP (Assembled and weathered by Me)

- Green Lenses and Tube Stripe Decals from Michael A. (TK 4510)

- Backpack / 'MOVE ALONG' Version core pieces (Frame, Radio, Trays, Exhaust, Shotgun Shells, Gordonator's Cistern and Straps) built and assembled by Rick "Dirty Boy" (TD-4401)

- Sidepipe Assembled by me using ABS and an AM Thermal Detonator Kit from Clint (TK 3059)

- T-21 Custom Build from Anthony B.(TD-8266)

- E-11 is scratch built using PVC, Wood,Metal and Resin

...and a few things in the background from my SW Toy / Comic Book Collection! lol

I hope I have what it takes to join you guys in the search for those elusive droids! =)

Much Mahalo!

** I just noticed that my pack caused the upper back plate to ride up my back higher than it should be! And that was AFTER I put my armor and gear away!! Do I have to retake those shots? (Aaak!) **

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nathan - Oops, my bad! Much apologies, Brother! I thought I had seen some other officers deployed without 501st status or approved TD status. I guess In my haste and excitement of becoming MEPD, I may have overlooked some details. hehe

I'll wait... ;)

Karin - The guards are. =)

Rick - Hopefully, I have met the requirements!

Scootch - I hope I can finally troop with my SO CAL brothers and sisters as a TD soon!

** Man, the wait for TD Status is gonna be hard! lol **

Hey Mike...

nevertheless it is a horny sandtrooper :lol::P:duim:

I like including the "move along" helmet very well.

The story with the back plate/ backpack is a thing with the optimization...but maybe you could put the torso armor slightly higher?!?!

btw....the backpack is cool as well ;)

Greetings...

Dan

John - Thx a lot, QM! I still want to get a pack from you, as well! You and Rick do great work!

Dan - Thx for the props, too! BTW, THAT is what I forgot to do... put on my blasted suspenders!! AUGGHH! Oh, well...since I have to wait for 501st TD approval, I might as well prep new shots. I'm definitely going to make sure I pull down and align the back plate with the kidney plate before I secure the backpack in place. Plus, I'll have another chance to 'pull up my pants!'LOL

Geez, Sandys...I want to question non-cooperative moisture farmers so bad I can taste it!

I also want to take this opportunity as well to say that since I started following the MEPD back in October, I've seen a lot of great armor, pack builders and much appreciated advice on the boards! Keep it up troops, ALL of you guys (and girls) ROCK!

Hope to march with you soon!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Love this pic Michael B):D

The gear is looking good dude. Great job on that helmet build.

I also like the accurate chemical gloves - we dont see them all that often - only a few of us use them ;)

Good luck mate,

Smally.

Brad - Thx , Smally! You know that if I'm gonna act the part, I HAVE to look the part! Right? haha =)

Rolf - High praise indeed!!! Especially coming from the first SWAT Officer of the MEPD! You were and still are an inspiration when it comes to armor assembly and appearance, my friend. Much Mahalo!

Gordon - It's fantastic that you were able to find that part and Rick did a great job of including it with his kit! Remember when I told you last Christmas that I was gunning for MEPD deployment? Well, I think that I'm almost there. Fingers crossed!

Noel - As much as I would like the process to 'Move Along' (I couldn't help it)... I have to show patience, Sir. Lest I get court-martialed and dishonorably discharged! I am looking forward to that locker, though! lol

Thx again!

Hey Michael, how are you bro!

That is a great TD you've got there...

Congrats.

I specially like that you have the rubber gloves. I think we don't see those often enough... ;)

So, even though we must wait fro your Legion TD id clearance, I can tell you pretty much most of the work is done.

:D

There are two things I would suggest:

1. Do adjust your strapping system so that the back and the kidney plates are joined either with elastic, webbing or whatever.

Thats an easy fix that will help a lot in troops and certainly for deployment.

I am afraid that you need to take a new picture showing this. No need to wear the armor again, just show us that the needed mod has been done.

2. Wethering... it looks just fine for deployment as a Police Officer for the most. No worries there. Maybe just try to scrub off a bit of the gray stuff around the ab plate detail... looks more painted than stained. Just that. Make it more organic, just like the bucket...

But considering the rest of the armor weathering looks good enough, that would be a suggestion more than a requirement.

And...

That's it bro.

Great job indeed.

Please let us know when you are cleared as a TD...

If you need anything or have any question, feel free to PM me.

Saludos

Juan

Mike - It's okay, Bro. Sandtroopers are used to Roadblocks. So I'm good. ;)

Juan - Thx for the advice, Brother! Ever since I came across your blog last year. I've been using it as one of my guidelines in putting together an accurate TD. But, I will definitely get those updated pics of the mods to you. I have some time to spare right now. (haha) The only question I can think of right now is if I should put a 'lab pipe' on the pack and what would be the best way to put that 'circular stain' on the pauldron. Oh, and what would be the closest diameter size for it? Lastly, I took the old TK Plate off my ab (It was glued on when I purchased it) and it sort of left some damage and I'm still trying to fix that area short of getting new armor pieces. Hence the weird paint job in that section. lol (I do have an order for some spares coming from ATA, though. So, we'll see. Gracias, Bro!)

No worries, Brothers and Sisters. I know the waiting process is a chore but I'm totally fine with it. I want to do things by the book. Anyway, I'll just harrass some Jawas for the time being and pick off...er...greet some Tusken Raiders out by the Dune Sea for a spell. ;)

Keep up the fine work MEPD! See you soon! (Fingers Crossed)

...The only question I can think of right now is if I should put a 'lab pipe' on the pack and what would be the best way to put that 'circular stain' on the pauldron. Oh, and what would be the closest diameter size for it?

Well,

The Lab pap does appear on the Captain pack, but not always. For instance, it is not show on the Move Along trooper pack on the roadblock scene. And judging by your brow, pouldron and weapon of choice, I guess you are trying to emulate him. Am I right?

If so, I would say, don;t add the pipe. No need for it anyway.

If you still wish to have if for looks sake, well... maybe Dirty Boy, Rolf or Quartermaster can throw some light over how to do it. I have never done it and think they now their packs much better than me.

:)

About the circle on the pauldron.

What I did was, using painters tape, I masked the around the circle in a cutting matt, then put the mask over the pauldron, and finally used acrilic paints and a paper towel to paint and scrub until I had what I wanted.

Unfortunately I cant find any pictures of the process... weird cause I document every single mod I do...

But I hope you got the idea.

And about size... well... I used the same size of circle as the big nob on the back pack's radio.

Hope it helps..

Saludos

BTW... happy my blog was useful. Makes me want to keep writing on it more often :D

Gian - Thx for the compliment, Bro! Grazie! :D

Juan - Thx again for the advice and PLEASE do continue to do your blog. I especially loved following your progress on your 'MOVE ALONG' helmet project. GREAT work! B)

It's funny, I have more fun putting helmet kits together rather than the armor, believe it or not. lol

Gian - Thx for the compliment, Bro! Grazie!

Juan - Thx again for the advice and PLEASE do continue to do your blog. I especially loved following your progress on your 'MOVE ALONG' helmet project. GREAT work!

It's funny, I have more fun putting helmet kits together than the armor. lol

THX bro!!!

And, yes... I love putting together armor, but I am a Helmet guy.

I have assembled, detailed and finished about 12 buckets now.

And have 2 in the working bench at the moment and 1 in a box at my mini storage!

Buckets are FUN!!!

:D

THX again...

Saludos

Brad - Thx , Smally! You know that if I'm gonna act the part, I HAVE to look the part! Right? haha =)

Rolf - High praise indeed!!! Especially coming from the first SWAT Officer of the MEPD! You were and still are an inspiration when it comes to armor assembly and appearance, my friend. Much Mahalo!

Gordon - It's fantastic that you were able to find that part and Rick did a great job of including it with his kit! Remember when I told you last Christmas that I was gunning for MEPD deployment? Well, I think that I'm almost there. Fingers crossed!

Noel - As much as I would like the process to 'Move Along' (I couldn't help it)... I have to show patience, Sir. Lest I get court-martialed and dishonorably discharged! I am looking forward to that locker, though! lol

Thx again!

Thanks for your kinds words bro, i´m just happy and proud if someone can use some of my infos/guidelines etc.

I´m sure i´m not done yet, as the RS props are coming and TM are doing a new version as well.

You know me,,, i can´t stop :D

By the way, are you pauldron from tkboots.com, looks very good i think.

I help them whit there new version here, over e-amil and lots of ref pics.

Maybe i should get a few as well my self.

Peace out :)

Rolf - You're welcome, Brother! =)

As for the pauldron, yes it was from tkboots.com / shoulderpauldrons.com

I bought an orange, white and black one from them. I know I may be thinking ahead, but if and when I do decide to go S.W.A.T. (provided I get 501st TD status and MEPD deployment), I either want to be the 'STOP THAT SHIP' or 'LOOK SIR, DROIDS' Trooper. We'll see...

Lets wait for Juan to give his input and also for your GML to approve you first.

Hurry your GML along so we can get you a locker with the other officers bro! B)

Good stuff man! Once you get over that GML roadblock you should be good to go! B)

Stupid GML. What's he know anyway? <_<

Lazy, good for nothing GML ... :mad:

Nathan - For the record, I'm totally cool with the waiting process, Brother! ;)

I'm using the time to find ammo for the T-21 and to see if the Pod Races are still around over in Mos Espa...