Grey color question and other assorted things...

TD-1536

so, if both of you have so many of them...

share them with us...

Well, if the part is exact, I wonder what harm there would be in filling them with Hydrocal, and vac-forming copies. Any dispute over recasting vintage Tupperware?!

Hey gang,

I hope that those dessert cups come in varying sizes!

Mrs. "GUNS" has a set of those dessert cups and when I told her about the recent discovery of suspected backpack parts, she dug through her stash and we were disappointed to find that the "cup" is TOO small in proportion to the other parts.

Alas, our search continues...

Guns

• 1 month later...

Will do. From looking at the reference pics, the cups (or whatever were used on the backpacks) look to be about 3 inches across. Anyone know if that's close or not?

Mine are about three inches across.

However, I do stress that while accurate-looking, they are not entirely accurate to what was actually used.

Here's a completed shot of mine. They are sitting on top of 15oz. Metamucil bottles, which both unscrew so I can store stuff in them if need be.

Posted Image

I just picked up some on ebay. They look pretty darn close. The pack is such a nightmare of bits & pieces. I doubt, even if you could have been present when they were assembled, that you'd be able to ID very much of it. From what I understand they (the prop guys for ANH) had numerous bins marked "greeblies" full of misc junk used to build all sorts of things.

• 3 weeks later...

Master Modelers medium blue is dead on for the screen pack color. Marmits and Kotobukiyas pack color choice is not even close. They tend to be grey or turquoise. Pick up a can and see what you think.

• 3 weeks later...

Not just yet guys. I am compiling a list of items and alsoa pictorial for certain parts for different packs. Once we do that, we will let people know. I start a job tomorrow and I wont have time to post everday from now on.. stay tuned. This is some slap your head saying 'DOH! information we have coming!

Matt