Oath of Duty reloaded

TD2802

About 4 years ago I proposed how cool it would be to have a sandtrooper's oath. Some of you may remember the polling that took place with nearly 90% det approval. Unfortunately a couple things happened that forestalled its implementation - namely former CO,Seth Busino who had supported the idea from the start was banned ( I won't rehash the details here); and over a year later when I was following up on it, the board was in the midst of migrating servers and no one was ready to do any content tweaks at the time with more pressing issues to worry about. Fast forward to now and with the encouragement of Daetrin, he suggested I repost the oath. So at the risk of being reburied in the desert, here's the unabridged oath that passed MEPD approval. Any constructive feedback welcome and remember this is just schtick to add to our sandy personaes B) :

The character I portray,[insert TD no.],solemnly accepts this oath of allegiance to Lord Vader, His Majesty the Emperor and to uphold the laws of the Empire to the best of my ability. As a deployed officer of the MEPD, I am dutybound to faithfully execute the orders of my superiors in maintaining Imperial law and order in the towns, cantinas, moisture farms, desert wastes and wherever suppression of indigenous or off-world lifeforms are necessary.

I will be ever-vigilant in my hunt and apprehension of rebels and their jedi traitor sycophants. Should they resist or obstruct detention or interrogation, I am empowered to carry out their immediate termination unless otherwise instructed. I am further empowered to confiscate any droids suspected of carrying any contraband data or holocrons predjudicial to the interests of the Empire. On patrol I will endeavor to collect as much local intelligence pursuant to the discovery, arrest and/or liquidation of any rebels and their sympathizers.

I will treat the local inhabitants with the courtesy deserving of a non-hostile cooperative citizenry but reserve the right to enact punitive measures when violations of imperial law or treason are committed.

I respect my fellow troopers and will not do anything to undermine or jeapordize their welfare through dereliction of duty, insubordination or cowardice.

I acknowledge MEPD membership as an earned privelege within the ranks of the 501st Legion and therefore am held to a higher code of conduct and honor in assuming the duties and responsibilities of deployment.

Put the Emperor before Vader - He is the higher position...

Capitalize His Majesty before the Emperor as it is a title (Possibly change it to His Imperial Majesty)

But as members of the 501st our allegiance is actually to Lord Vader before the Emperor. B)

Right?

This is very cool!

I'm going to add it to the MEPD Officer Training! :salute:

• 3 weeks later...

Woo hooo! I may have made a contribution to something!

:lol: :lol: I remember thinking that same sort of thing at some point!

You contribute just by your being you. B)

• 3 weeks later...

Can I take a separate oath? lol.

This is my TD Armor. There are many like it but this one is mine. My TD Armor is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my TD Armor is useless. Without my rifle I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my rifle and myself are defenders of my galaxy, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.

jk.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...

looks good, how about another small change "solemnly accepts this oath of allegiance to Lord Vader in the service of His Imperial Majesty the Emperor and to uphold the laws of the Empire ....."

:peace: