Can aynone identify this pouches?

A militaria-dealer offered me this pair of ammo pouches for a good price.

He told me they're original WW2 era Wehrmacht pouches.

Posted Image

I never saw these kind of pouches before. Neither on military nor on star wars related sites.

Does anyone of you know these type?

Thanks!

TK-607

Well, I know that they're MP38/40 pouches.

But the shape is different than the ones I know from the Davin Felth site, especially the flaps and the little pouch.

Sorry if my first post was mistakeable

I have the Norwegian made versions of those, BUT a matched pair comes as one 3-pocket and one 3-1/2 pocket pouch. The 3 1/2-pocket gets worn on your left shoulder, and the 3-pocket pouch gets worn on yur right hip on the waist line belt. The small 1/2-pocket was for some sort of cleaning kit I believe.

Over the course of their production, changes were made to facilitate easier production, so I believe the additional security straps on the flaps were eventually omitted.

The ones you have pictured are HORRIBLE!! You should buy them, then afterwards send them to me!

the ones you got there are swedish mp 38/40 post-war pouches.

(try to sell the small metal part shown in the small pouch on ebay! these are gun loaders and are also recommended by ww2 enthusiast!)

these are really the best nowadays you can get below 400 USD.

the leather 3+1 pouch with the pouch attached to the front are very hard to find and go mostly for more than 400 USD.they were used by the german "fallschirmspringer" or the "luftwaffe".

the only pouch better than these is the original "STOLLA WIEN" pouch.

they are only 3 pocket pouches and also hard to find... i have one of these on my belt!

maybe i will have the chance to get my hands on one of these within the next few weeks.

i will sell it in the "For Sale Or Trade" area then... so stay tuned!

Thanks for the infos

I got them today and after a little bit of cleaning they look much better than on the pic above.

Almost too good to dye them black

Posted Image

One step closer to get dirty

Cheers,

TK607

• 4 weeks later...

the pouch right next to your bucket looks like my STOLLA WIEN pouch!

i think you did it right, pal!

good looking pouches! great find!

So that particular pouch on the right is rare? Wow....I really lucked out then. There's a surplus store in Virginia that has WW2 items. I snatched up that style of pouch (with the tapered flaps) for about $78.00 from them? When I went back online to check the pouches on people's sites to compare, they were showing the ones with squared off flaps and I thought I got the wrong type, . Glad I read this thread then.

the ones you got there are swedish mp 38/40 post-war pouches.

(try to sell the small metal part shown in the small pouch on ebay! these are gun loaders and are also recommended by ww2 enthusiast!)

these are really the best nowadays you can get below 400 USD.

the leather 3+1 pouch with the pouch attached to the front are very hard to find and go mostly for more than 400 USD.they were used by the german "fallschirmspringer" or the "luftwaffe".

the only pouch better than these is the original "STOLLA WIEN" pouch.

they are only 3 pocket pouches and also hard to find... i have one of these on my belt!

maybe i will have the chance to get my hands on one of these within the next few weeks.

i will sell it in the "For Sale Or Trade" area then... so stay tuned!

Do you mean the Fallschirmjager? when you mean Fallschirmspringer? I never heard of Fallschirmspringer before.

the pouch right next to your bucket looks like my STOLLA WIEN pouch!

i think you did it right, pal!

good looking pouches! great find!

Rocko, how much would I expect to pay for a STOLLA WIEN. What would you consider to be a fair price for one? They are beautiful pouches!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Rocko,

I won that eBay auction AND I just received a "genuine" STOLLA WIEN ammo pouch for only $67.00 with shipping!!!

According to the sellers, the pouch was part of trade and they put it up for auction not knowing it's true value just to see what they would get for it.

The auction read "MP40 repro" but it's the real deal!! I love it!

Thanks amigo for that email message! CHEEHOO!!

Guns

Hey Rocko,

I won that eBay auction AND I just received a "genuine" STOLLA WIEN ammo pouch for only $67.00 with shipping!!!

According to the sellers, the pouch was part of trade and they put it up for auction not knowing it's true value just to see what they would get for it.

Guns

That's a sweet ammo pouch... but $67 is a lot of Republic Credits!!

But Mike,

Considering the fact that I was willing to go up to $82.00 for it made the win for me a little sweeter!

Besides, the $$$ came from a SECRET stash of court witness fees that I've been saving. I collect these witness fees when I am subpoenaed for civil court appearances. And since I only need one for my armor - I'm done searching for pouches.

The pouch is in GREAT condition. Now I've got to fiqure out how to attach that bad boy to my belt.

Guns

Hey Rocko,

Guns

Glad I could help. Glad you were able to win it. I knew it could not have been a repro, lol. Talk about good set of circumstances.

Hey Rocko,

Guns

That's a sweet ammo pouch... but $67 is a lot of Republic Credits!!

Considering I bought mine for $78, he got a pretty good deal. On a side note I was considering putting my Stolla Wien up on Ebay till I read this topic, lol. Glad I didn't.