USS Intrepid Troop in NYC

Quartermaster

We had our 1st huge troop of 2011 in NYC today. The Empire City Garrison, along with members of the Conn Squad, The Northeast Remnant, Garrison Carida, The Rebel Legion and The Puppetry Arts Theatre Group decended upon the USS Intrepid. In all, we had over 40 Star Wars Costumed Characters in attendence.

The MEPD was also well represented by myself, Dave Braun TD-6513, Rick Foster TD-3754, and Lou Platania TD-6908 (although Lou was donning his amazing Boba Fett for this one). Even had my little Heavy Weapons Trooper by my side. Had a great day. Here are a few pics from the ship...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Great pics John! It was quite the day. It was so good to finally meet many of you and the ECG was unbelievably receptive to the other garrisons.

The MEPD was definitely out in force at the Intrepid today! Many people commented on the extraordinary work the Santroopers put into their armor.

There was nothing but positive feedback and I would love for this to be an annual troop.

Hey guys,

I was also there from the NER. I tried to get around and talk to everyone, but the troopers I had talked to weren't in the MEPD. It was a great time!

Sorry we missed you John. There were alot of Sandies on hand and I too was trying my best to make the rounds and meet everyone from the other garrisons. Glad you could make it. Next Multi-Garrison event, make sure you ask for me so we can coordinate an MEPD photo. ;)

Sorry we missed you John. There were alot of Sandies on hand and I too was trying my best to make the rounds and meet everyone from the other garrisons. Glad you could make it. Next Multi-Garrison event, make sure you ask for me so we can coordinate an MEPD photo. ;)

There was so much going on that day, which I guess is what made it such a great event. I'll definitely seek you out at the next event. It would be great if this became an annual thing. :)

There was so much going on that day, which I guess is what made it such a great event. I'll definitely seek you out at the next event. It would be great if this became an annual thing. :)

My feelings too. I got in late due to the weather and picking a couple of people up for the ride.I probably ate and trooped-I did get to met Dan,my new Garrison Bro.

So did you freeze your, uh, pauldrons off?

Actually, the majority of the troop took place inside the ship on the Hangar Deck. We did go outside to the Flight Deck a few times for some quick photo ops, but it was nice and warm inside.

Went through some more pics today. Here are some more great shots for your enjoyment...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The 2nd Sandtrooper from left to right in this photo is Eric Seeman TD-4619. He was the recepient of the 2010 Brothers Helping Brothers Pack Award, and yes, he is wearing the pack Dirty Boy made for him! (Even though you can't see it)

Posted Image