Brothers Helping Brothers 2011

DirtyBoy

Ok troops, now that 2010's "Brothers Helping Brothers" became such a great success. Its time to start looking forward to the 2011 version. I know we tend to help out members where we can, but this takes it to the next level within the legion. Id like to see this as an annual thing for us.

Its our way of giving back to a member who has really impacted the lives of others.

Basically it will go like this. You will build or donate an item of choice absolutely free of charge. Members then can submit who they feel should be the recipient of the item. The recipient will be determined by you and the Command Staff members in the MEPD.

Lets get some ideas together and move forward.

:salute:

I love this idea!

I was thinking about something like this a while ago. Great idea!

I will donate a canvas triple mag pouch (no tool pouch) that I have dyed blacked, loaded with foam magazines that I would like to see go towards a TD (ideally that has not yet joined the legion but intends to go for Mepd deployed).

This is a small start, but I have something bigger planned that I will offer as well. :)

i have a dessert camo jacket size large that i would love to donate.if we have anyone who would like to donate some patches we could make up a sweet MEPD jacket!there maybe some other stuff as well, i will look here later today!

i have a dessert camo jacket size large that i would love to donate.if we have anyone who would like to donate some patches we could make up a sweet MEPD jacket!there maybe some other stuff as well, i will look here later today!

I will add the patches, but since I don't have available ones at the moment, I will get them from mikes upcoming run and put them in to complete the jacket!

:D

Saludos.

So seeing as there are so many donations of awesome gear....id like to get some input on how we want to handle the distribution. Should it all go to one trooper or would you guys like to break it up and donate to multiple troopers.

Im so happy that we continue with our common mindset that truly helping others is why we are all here. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A lot of forums I am on have kind of a pay it forward thread where people post up spare items they have and anyone who needs it can claim it for the cost of shipping. It really helps people clear out their extras and possible get something they have been needing. Maybe if there are a lot of little items like it looks like there is, something like this would be more feasible? I have a couple things I can put up for grabs regardless of how it is done.

Its an evolving program. When I started last year, I just built a complete pack and gave it to who was selected (Eric Seeman form the ECG) it was great! Now we have multiple troopers jumping in to help out and I truly think that represents the true character of the legion :)

• 2 weeks later...