Lightweight accurate reasonably priced lewis guns (soon)

Well, I came up a bit short on RTV last night so I had to order another gallon kit from smoothon. At $130 a gallon this stuff isn't cheap, and makes gas prices look like a drop in the bucket, but atleast I'll have some extra to redo any of the other smaller parts that may give me grief.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but I do have one ready except for the part that I need to mold. Saturday I'll get the other one ready except that same part.

Once I finish the new mold then it'll only be a matter casting the new mold twice and I'll have two. I ordered the stuff two days ago but it hasn't shipped yet. It should be here fairly quickly.

Would anyone be interested in the proto-type for $225? If so first to Email me gets dibs wwarner42@cox.net I'll Take detailed photos and make sure to point out all the things that I am going to fix with the production ones so you know what your getting, but I am just not going to be able to afford to keep one yet.

-Bill

@ .: TK4063 :.

tony, you are an animal haunting....

you were the fastest and i´m out of money for the moment... LOL

GREAT work on the lewis, ArsonSmith!

i really enjoy this thread and i´m looking forward for the final result!

Just a quick update. These guys are comming along nicely. I think the only section that will need to be painted black will be the pvc pipe section as they only have white in the size that I need. The rest of the black is a very dark, even almost gun blued looking black. A bit of weathering and this thing should be perfect.

Here are the parts that are done and ready to go. Two sets minus the reciever section:

Posted Image

Here is the unfinished mold that I have RTV on order to smooth on for. It is sceduled to be delivered on Thursday. You can see some of the reciever still poking through not quite covered:

Posted Image

Hey Bill,

Got your email, I can hardly wait to get that bad boy! If you sent it off today, then it should be here by Friday at the latest since you are in AZ shipping to OR.

Hope the photo-shoot on Saturday was fun for you, ours is this comming Saturday, be sure to post your pics, and I'll post mine too!!

later!

I wasn't the camera man so I am bugging the rest of the garrison to get us the pictures.

Soon I hope. Unfortantly my Sandtrooper didn't make it. The person that was going to borrow it wouldn't fit in it so it got left behind. I was in my ARC trooper and my clean trooper and shocktrooper made it on some of our local Fan Force guys.

got the rubber in today and have poured half the mold. The other half should be ready to pour in about an hour and a half.

3 hours after that I'll be ready to make some complete lewis gun kits.

Stay tuned for my review of how they turn out. I really can't wait!!

Hey all, I got one of Bill's Lewis Guns delivered on Friday (just in time for our Garrison photo-shoot today!)

I must say, that even though I bought Bill's proto-type, I am impressed with it. I think the proposed changes Bill is considering in his casting will improve an already excellent specimen. The critical detailing on the reciever is EXCELLENT, and IMO is the most important thing to get right.

The thing is LIGHT, given it's size, and I walked around with it craddled in my left arm for a few hours straight. I also managed to accidently drop the thing from waist-high and didn't even phase it! I'll get around to weathering it and putting personal touches on it soon enough, LOL.

In the first photo I'm on the far right of one my wife took after the professional photographer moved out of the way, LOL. The T-21 (Lewis Gun) is DEFINATELY impressive looking, and it turned MANY, MANY heads of passersby today, not to mention drew compliments from my garrison mates!

In the Second Photo I'm second from the right, and is a good comparison to a PVC built Lewis Gun, what a difference!

I FULLY endorse and recommend this item, and will put the word out. GOOD JOB BILL!!:y: I couldn't be happier with it!!

Now I have all the stuff for MEPD requirements... WOOT!!

(edited for a STUPID typo! )

Posted Image

Posted Image

Man, I must say I love that second picture. You guys look exactly like action figures. If someone said that was the new sandtrooper 4 pack I'd belive them.

Awesome!!

Oh, and I'm really pleased you are happy with the prototype. I just (as of about 5 minutes ago) pulled the first reciever out of the mold. I also just noticed I am out of ridged foam. I'm going to cast up the second one and order some more foam. As soon as the foam comes in these first two will be up for sale.

Pictures soon.

-Bill

Truly outstanding photos Tony - you guys set a high bar and I hope that someday us Seattle sandy's do as well.

I'm sure you'll strike fear into the hearts of all rebels that dare cross your paths...

Ok, here are photos as promised. I'll probably work these into some type of assembly instructions to ship with the guns. As you can see the black is very dark. The only part that will need painting is the PVC section + general weathering of course.

All Parts layed out

Posted Image

First part. The receiver

Posted Image

Attached ribbed section of barrel

Posted Image

Should paint first, but this is the PVC section of barrel

Posted Image

The but stock is put on

Posted Image

then the business end of the barrel

Posted Image

The top of the receiver

Posted Image

This is how the site attaches

Posted Image

This is the small half circle section (not sure what it is or called)

Posted Image

All the parts in the photos were only set in place. They almost hold them selves together, but still will need glue to hold strongly. the reciever to the ribbed barrel section holds strong enough that you don't have to glue it. This allows it to be broken down into the two halves seen in earlier photos.

Bill - please list me as a prospective customer when you're ready to sell these bad boys. Seeing Tony with his has given me BFG envy....

LOL... remember guys, it's NOT the size of the BFG that matters... it's how you use it!

And as the most recent of the Seattle Sandy's group that has a daughter, and hte only one without a Lewis, I'm certainly open to ideas of how to use them.

My understanding is that it starts with mounting it in a prominant place where your daughter's dates can see them. Then, use a two handed clubbing motion applied to any boy's head who gets w/in 10' of the girl.

Remembering back to RBFT, I'm told that it's too heavy for the ol' butt stroke to the groin or slash, but a simple butt stroke should work well too. However this could easily be done with the MG34 and does not take full advantage of the weight of the Lewis.

And as the most recent of the Seattle Sandy's group that has a daughter, and hte only one without a Lewis, I'm certainly open to ideas of how to use them.

My understanding is that it starts with mounting it in a prominant place where your daughter's dates can see them. Then, use a two handed clubbing motion applied to any boy's head who gets w/in 10' of the girl.

Remembering back to RBFT, I'm told that it's too heavy for the ol' butt stroke to the groin or slash, but a simple butt stroke should work well too. However this could easily be done with the MG34 and does not take full advantage of the weight of the Lewis.

Already got plans to mount my Lewis above the fireplace to give any would-be Romeos second thoughts.

Well, I have confermation that I'll be getting the last part of the first two lewis guns on Monday. This is just to foam the recievers so they wont be bendable.

I'm going to open it up for everyone that is interested. I'll be selling these first two, then I'll be making 10 more. One will be fore me but I'll have 9 others for sale. I'll edit the first post in this thread and add a list of people, in order of who contacts me of people ready to buy one. When I get them done I'll contact you by either pm or email and you/ll have 48 hours to respond and make payment arrangements, or you get bumped and the next person gets an email.

Please reply to this with interest and you'll be put in order after this post.

Price is $275 shipped in the US only. It will be in a kit form and will include glue.

Thanks,

-Bill